Man Jumps to his death from South Pattaya Shopping Mall

webfact

Man Jumps to his death from South Pattaya Shopping Mall

jump-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Sunday Night, as a Security Guard was closing the 10th floor Swimming Pool area at Mike Shopping Mall in South Pattaya, he witnessed a man jump off a ledge to his death.

Police and Rescue Services were called to the Shopping Mall at 7.30pm and were directed to the Mezzo Coffee Shop on the ground floor and to a storeroom at the rear of the shop.

The victim, who is presumably Thai and thought to be aged in his late twenties, was not carrying any ID with him. He had fallen through the roof of the shop and into the storeroom and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police checked the 10th floor swimming pool area and saw a chair next to the ledge and a pair of glasses on the ledge as well.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/219185/man-jumps-to-his-death-from-south-pattaya-shopping-mall/#prettyPhoto

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-11-23

I wonder is there any sort of "helpline" in Thailand for people in distress to call...like the "Samaritans" helpline for example for people with suicidal thoughts. So very sad to see this loss of life when often the person simply needs somebody to talk to that will listen and understand.

I for one would be more than willing to contribute financially to the setting up of one (unfortunately my Thai would not be up to standard for this purpose but I think it's better anyway Thais talking to Thais under these circumstances). May this poor soul RIP. I myself know the feeling of having no support and nowhere to turn during a period of despair.

You know what they say....Suicide...a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Strangely enough I heard another in a movie recently, a man said to his friend about to jump off a ledge...."The only thing you can't or won't be able to fix is what you are about to do".

I wonder is there any sort of "helpline" in Thailand for people in distress to call...like the "Samaritans" helpline for example for people with suicidal thoughts. So very sad to see this loss of life when often the person simply needs somebody to talk to that will listen and understand.

I for one would be more than willing to contribute financially to the setting up of one (unfortunately my Thai would not be up to standard for this purpose but I think it's better anyway Thais talking to Thais under these circumstances). May this poor soul RIP. I myself know the feeling of having no support and nowhere to turn during a period of despair.

You know what they say....Suicide...a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Strangely enough I heard another in a movie recently, a man said to his friend about to jump off a ledge...."The only thing you can't or won't be able to fix is what you are about to do".

Hotlines apparently exist, but probably they need to do a better job of letting people know how to contact them. Maybe what's needed is to spend more money to advertise that help is out there or to encourage media to do it as a public service.

post-145917-0-56655600-1448248794_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69

I see that the Samaritans of Thailand have a daily hotline from 12 noon till 10 pm. I pray that those so desperate to take their own life will have the strength to wait till noon! However, it is a start, much better than nothing.

I see that the Samaritans of Thailand have a daily hotline from 12 noon till 10 pm. I pray that those so desperate to take their own life will have the strength to wait till noon! However, it is a start, much better than nothing.

When depressed, working and being productive is an issue. No work = no Money. No money = no phone credit to call any suicide hotlines. No money = no food or a place to sleep. Suicide is the logical choice as not everyone has somewhere to go.

I imagine they are "manned" by volunteers, so they have to make do with what's available to them. I'm sure if there's anyone available, with suitable language skills and training for this sort of thing, willing to be on call 24/7, they'd be glad for the extra help. And maybe cash donations would enable them to offer a telephone number free of charge to the caller.

It can't be an easy job and finding people both willing and able to do it must be difficult. Someone not suited to it could easily make things worse and even if you do a good job, it must be horrible to know that someone calling you still went ahead and killed himself.

When depressed, working and being productive is an issue. No work = no Money. No money = no phone credit to call any suicide hotlines. No money = no food or a place to sleep. Suicide is the logical choice as not everyone has somewhere to go.

Idiotic comments!!!!

And 10th floor is very dangerous. Thats a survivable height. Wheelchair bound forever, with the same problems before the jump.

Are you in your right mind ? Or maybe you do not have one you are sick

I rent a condo at the 10th floor and after all those balcony fallings I did look down and wondered if it would kill me from this height so I think the man has a point. The balcony railing is quite high here so impossible to tumble over it.

Imagine what he says would happen, I'm pretty sure a second suicide attempt would follow so not very practical.