Shipping my Honda PCX 150 to America

orangeguy72

Maybe he doesn't want to register it in the US, he doesn't ask anything about registering it!!

These was a thread not long ago that suggested that there my be some tax issues with exporting the bike, but there was never really any clarity on that, but it would be worth finding out if there really is a tax liability for exporting a vehicle.

Maybe he doesn't want to register it in the US, he doesn't ask anything about registering it!!

No of course he doesn't, he just wants to take it home so he can make a coffee table out of it. beatdeadhorse.gif

Checked out PCXs in a Denver showroom.

$3500.

Not identical to Thai offering.

155cc to allow legal access to freeways, for example.

But what the hay, go for it.

Thai version is 153cc so technically , rounded up, is closer to 155 than 150. Made over 150 so it can, as stated, go on freeways.thumbsup.gif So is as far as I know from being on the PCX forum, the same except for turn signals and kms speedo. Might not have the correct sticker, if there is one, but is the same. If it is a 2015 model only the km's is a concern.

Edited by VocalNeal

not many step thru Hondas around the USA , some old Trail 90-110s , most from the 1970s-80s , very low mileage as they were bought by motor home people to ride around the campground etc ,

Mopeds are under 50cc and may not need a licence , but I believe all 2 strokes imports are banned now for emissions ..

I would not want to chance it , but if you do find a BKK company that packs shared containers , or do a Johnny Cash and ship it "one piece at a time"

Your bike will be crated and its up to you if you want to pay for a 20 foot container or share one with other people.

Sharing will mean you will more than likely have to wait a little longer for it to be shipped as companies will fill the container before it gets shipped. Of course sharing will be a lot cheaper.

P.M me and I can give you the email of someone who will give you a free quote.

not many step thru Hondas around the USA , some old Trail 90-110s , most from the 1970s-80s , very low mileage as they were bought by motor home people to ride around the campground etc ,

Exactly. If he wants to use it on a camp site, private compound, ranch, farm or perhaps even as a pit bike or whatever, surely there's no need to register it?

I am even thinking of taking my bike back to Europe even though I won't be able to register it, but I won't be making a coffee table out of it. I will just use it in the village in the mountains where there is never any police and most of the locals ride around on unregistered bikes too!

Here read what US Customs has to say, if it is non compliant, registering it will be the least of the OP problems

If vehicles manufactured abroad conform to U.S. safety, bumper, and emission standards, it is because these vehicles are exported for sale in the United States. Therefore, it is unlikely that a vehicle obtained abroad meets all relevant standards. Be skeptical of claims by a foreign dealer or other seller that a vehicle meets these standards or can readily be brought into compliance. Vehicles entering the United States that do not conform with U.S. safety standards must be brought into compliance, exported, or destroyed.

source: http://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/importing-car

Surely there must be exceptions? I know a German guy living in the states that imported an old classic car (I mean really proper old, like 1920s) from Germany. I'm pretty sure that didn't need bringing into compliance..

I don't think he can drive it on the public road though.

yes you can import old cars and motorbikes , 25 years old makes it easy ,

Newer may be possible , but not cost wise,

Vehicles entering the United States that do not conform with U.S. safety standards must be brought into compliance, exported, or destroyed.

you may have to put up a bond , and if you do not get it up to standards export it or destroy it.......

Probably not worth it for a Honda bike , maybe worth it for a rare Ferrari