Myanmar couple nabbed in Phuket with nearly B886k of crystal meth

rooster59

Myanmar couple nabbed in Phuket with nearly B886k of crystal meth

post-247607-0-32753800-1448717519_thumb.

Phuket Governor Chamroen Tipayapongtada (centre, white shirt) stands over Myanmar nationals Thee Ha Soe and his wife, named only as 'Moe', at the press conference today (Nov 28). Photo: Darawan Naknakhon

PHUKET: A Myanmar man and his wife are facing major drug charges in Phuket after they were arrested with 252.12 grammes of crystal meth (ya ice) – with an estimated value of B886,000 – in Rassada earlier today (Nov 28).

Phuket Governor Chamroen Tipayapongtada and Vice Governor Chokdee Armornwat were among the host of officials present when police presented the suspects – Thee Ha Soe and his wife, named only as “Moe” – to the press at Muang District Office at 11:30am.

The pair were nabbed with 252.12 grams of crystal meth valued at B886,000 by a team of drug enforcement officers from Muang District Office. Officials also seized B8,600 cash from them.

The arrests came after Chanchai Tontawachirapan, a village headman in Rassada, notified Muang District Chief Supoj Chanakit that he had received a tip-off that the couple were selling drugs near the entrance to Soi Paechaitaweekit.

The couple were staying in a rented room in the street.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/myanmar-couple-nabbed-in-phuket-with-nearly-b886k-of-crystal-meth-55176.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-11-28

Someone didnt like any opposition on their turf.

I concur.....

The governor, in the white shirt ( I assume that is him ) is looking at the perp. like he is putting on a good publicity show and looking very angry and all.....

But in reality he is really angry about other matters while he is going to let it be known who controls the recreational drug trade in his area and will not tolerate outsiders coming into his realm of authority thinking they can sell their drugs without consequences.

I mean the audacity of some of these disrespectful Punks.........ya know what I am talking??...lol

Cheers

THB 3,500/gram? I assumed this crap was inexpensive. Apparently not.

Relatively inexpensive to make....but the street prices and the profits involved are very lucrative indeed and the main factor that prompts people to be so stupid as to be an illicit recreational drug pusher...for the money that is.

For some, they may actually aspire to be another Kuhn Sa and retire as a multi millionaire with an air of notoriety.

Cheers