Heidenau K60 Scout for Kawasaki Versys

BBJ

I'm sure their won't be many wanting to change their tires to a 50/50 but nevertheless, if you do, you'll probably need to lift the front fender.

IMG_5343.jpg

IMG_5348.jpg

I've just had the rear installed but needed to mod the front for the 130/80/17 which takes to a more adventure size. You'll need to lift it to prevent this from happening

fend1.jpg

I have seen a few mods on the versys for lifting the front, some which exposed brake lines which I find odd and unsafe. Mine has plenty of space while still protecting the lines.

The 140/80/17 which sat nicely, however the front requires the fender to be lifted to accommodate this size. This is how I did it.

Wondering what I could use I stumble upon an unused LCD TV wall bracket 22mm wide. With slots already in place to make adjustments to the height of the TV, I got to work and cut it to suit the bike.

Please note I didn't use the tile/stone cutter in the picture.

IMG_5522.jpg

Flattened off any raised edges from the original bracket shape.

fender2.jpg

Offered it up to the bike fender brackets.

fender3.jpg

I then ground the head of a bolt flat to tuck behind the bracket leaving enough to bow the bracket I made so that it clamped it to the bike to prevent it from spinning.

1_2015-11-29.jpg

Slotted the bolt behind the bracket and cut the threads to the required size.

2_2015-11-29.jpg

A quick coat of paint and job done. No fancy measurement needed with it being slotted. Total time including paint drying 2 hrs approx.

IMG_5536.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by BBJ

Nice one. Interested to see how you like the tire, might get one too. Especially how it handled on the pavement, and in the rain.

On dry tarmac they feel fine, but I don't ride knee down with the best of tire as the surfaces here are not worth the risk. On dirt there is a huge difference just with the rear compared to the MT60s. The K60s just want to push you forward as there's plenty of bite compare to the Pirelli's which fishtail. The nubs block easy too on the Pirelli. On wet Tarmac though, they are a little twitchy, spinning out if you hit the throttle.

• 2 months later...