Thai Gov Doubling annual car road tax in 2016

Great income for any government. Once the people have cars just tax them and the fuel even more. People won't give up their cars.

Just go to the UK to see how the government rob the motorist..

This could be the Thai governments way of decreasing road accidents by 80%. Skin the motorist out so they can't use their cars.

Edited by TommyUK1960

Increasing sales tax on new cars. Not the annual road tax.

And I was close to a heart attack biggrin.png

I hope this thread will bring concrete numbers about the rise in prices for new cars.

I am still confused.

Edited by KhunBENQ

wow do we get double the holes in the road for that??? I jolly well hope so otherwise ill have nothing to fix

Just finished trip to Nong Khai from Pattaya. Once you are 10 miles from Pattaya, the road to the Laos border is smooth as silk. Fabulous roads. On the flip side, every road in Laos was last paved in 1945, and the worst I have ever seen in my life. I would never complain about the Thai roadways.

wow do we get double the holes in the road for that??? I jolly well hope so otherwise ill have nothing to fix

If you keep fixing them the way that I see it done ...don't worry ... you have a job for life ... and after that ☺

Just finished trip to Nong Khai from Pattaya. Once you are 10 miles from Pattaya, the road to the Laos border is smooth as silk. Fabulous roads. On the flip side, every road in Laos was last paved in 1945, and the worst I have ever seen in my life. I would never complain about the Thai roadways.

Try the "rest" of Thailand