Exchange rates better than "Super Rich" around Asoke/Sukhumvit

bbi1

I went for my stoll around Asoke & came across a new money exchange place with rates better than Super Rich that seems to have just opened up in the past few days. As we all know, Super Rich has been mentioned here as having the best rate.

Right next to Korea Town (basically Sukhumvit 12) there is a new place called "Union Exchange". Aussie dollar rates were buying at 25.73 baht while Super Rich at Asoke BTS was only 25.65 baht.

Is this the new winner for the best exchange rates on Sukhumvit or is there somewhere better than that?

Edited by bbi1

I have found the money changes on Soi Arab (Suk Soi 3/1) offer a very competitive exchange rate for pristine $50 and $100 USD notes. Probably about the same as the SuperRich main branch, but better than the SuperRich satellite branch kiosks which offer a slightly lower rate than the main office (using the one at the Asoke BTS as an example.)

In general: have the largest denomination bills of a currency, of the latest issue, and in pristine condition, for the best acceptance.

SunLover

SuperRich has a website http://www.superrich1965.com/ to check the timely rates.

Do those other exchanges (Union Exchange at Suk 12, VASU at Suk Soi 7/1, etc.) have their rates published online?

Otherwise, how would you know which one is provide the best rate (for specific. currency on that day/time).

vasuexchange.com

Next time you should spend a little extra money and get a computer that comes with "Google". biggrin.png

I have found the money changes on Soi Arab (Suk Soi 3/1) offer a very competitive exchange rate for pristine $50 and $100 USD notes. Probably about the same as the SuperRich main branch, but better than the SuperRich satellite branch kiosks which offer a slightly lower rate than the main office (using the one at the Asoke BTS as an example.)

In general: have the largest denomination bills of a currency, of the latest issue, and in pristine condition, for the best acceptance.

SunLover

It rally mMakes no real difference except for USD usually.

• 3 months later...

BTS Asoke Super Rich, SUPER SLOW. There seems no advantage at all in changing money here. Rates for GBP no better than anywhere else and office can rarely be bothered to open more than one of its two serving positions, despite often having 4 staff and frequent long queues. Good to here of more favourable options from other subscribers.

Edited by John34Lym

Be advised that Super Rich in BTS stations have a rate of about 20 points lower than what you see on the website. And they only buy currency.

If you want the website rate, go to the HQ of Super Rich.

Edited by lkv

If memory serves me it was at Chidlom station, called "the seven xxxx" or something like that...a new moneychange company and they gave a better rate as superrich...It was in the middle of the walkways, a small office.

SuperRich (1965) at Asoke MRT... hmmmm.

When you exit the subway, turn right at the top of the escalator where you will see a small shopping mall. Walk a hundred metres or so and SPR is on the right. I've been there twice in recent weeks. Each time they found fault in what to me seemed perfectly fine $50 dollar notes. The last time on a Friday afternoon, after having a couple of notes rejected, I was then told they could only cash $500 because they didn't have any more baht left... I kid you not. If you are looking at their website you need to click on sub-branches to get the correct (lower sub-branch rate).

I cashed some money this week (including the rejected notes) at the main office opposite Central World, no problems there.

Edited by kkerry

Thanks guys, someone mentioned Chidlom to me but I'm more familiar with Asoke. But sounds as though they've got some issues over at the Asoke branch. Running out of the local currency is ridiculous. I'm familiar with that little shopping mall, though as I used to get my hair cut at Easy Cuts I think it was called. Anyway I digress, thanks for the information I'll head there.

Edited by farang1979

Thanks guys, someone mentioned Chidlom to me but I'm more familiar with Asoke. But sounds as though they've got some issues over at the Asoke branch. Running out of the local currency is ridiculous. I'm familiar with that little shopping mall, though as I used to get my hair cut at Easy Cuts I think it was called. Anyway I digress, thanks for the information I'll head there.

Why is it ridiculous to run out of money? Those booths are small and even unprotected so it seems.

If you want to exchange a big amount of cash you better go to the headquarter of superrich...it's on their website.

Mind you, there are 2 different superrrich money exchanger. The one who always was in the Central Chidlom mall in the basement was not the same as the one from the website and gives a lower rate. Now that one has a different name if i remember correctly.

Also if you go there it might be closed for like 15-30 minutes, the attendant is probably on lunchbreak or so tongue.png

At least all those booths know what they're doing. If i go to a local bank here in the subs to exchange money it's obvious they have never seen any foreign cash. They have loads of paperwork for me and won't even accept a driverslicense as ID while some branches of the same bank accept it.

They are just very unprofessional, they look at the billiets to see if they are fake, they even don't have a blacklight for that or a machine (like in Japan).

The passport requirement is (surprise, surprise) inconsistent. Asoke MRT and at the airport, I wasn't asked for a passport. SuperRich (1965) HQ required a passport just to get a queue number.

For any bank etc. transaction in Thailand other than an ATM it's always best to have your passport with you, as they are so random about wanting to see it.

Many smaller locations (bank or money changer) are buy only, and will not sell you even USD20, even while displaying sell rates. Buy rates are often terrible anyway so best to buy at your destination if possible.

The passport requirement is (surprise, surprise) inconsistent. Asoke MRT and at the airport, I wasn't asked for a passport. SuperRich (1965) HQ required a passport just to get a queue number.

For any bank etc. transaction in Thailand other than an ATM it's always best to have your passport with you, as they are so random about wanting to see it.

Many smaller locations (bank or money changer) are buy only, and will not sell you even USD20, even while displaying sell rates. Buy rates are often terrible anyway so best to buy at your destination if possible.

Yeah seems to be Super Rich HQ opposite Central World that requires a passport. I went yesterday as above and then went back today and was again asked for my passport which I had this time.

Yes having lived here for about two years, I have had my passport copied countless times for any number of things.

You're right, the Super Rich at BTS Chid Lom was buy only so hence why I had to go to the HQ. Decent sell rate 50B to the pound. Even the taxi driver was raving about it.