New Laptop In Uk – Best Sources To Buy ?

Trevor

For the latest duo-core 14”/15” notebook I want to buy the latest spec in Europe as Thailand lags behind several months.

Apart from the expensive high street chains, which charge you 8 pence per minute just for sales enquiries (!!!), where can I find a good range of new notebooks? Any brand you can recommend, particularly in regard to having a reliable DVD-RW?

I live in Cambridge / London.

Thank you.

For the latest duo-core 14”/15” notebook I want to buy the latest spec in Europe as Thailand lags behind several months.

Apart from the expensive high street chains, which charge you 8 pence per minute just for sales enquiries (!!!), where can I find a good range of new notebooks? Any brand you can recommend, particularly in regard to having a reliable DVD-RW?

I live in Cambridge / London.

Thank you.

Trevor

go to british computer fairs web site see where nearest one is to you ?

just bought dell inspiron 6400

centrino duo 12xdvd rw 1.6mhz, 100gb hdd ,1024 ram ,blue tooth ,56mb wireless, lan f/wire built in 5 card reader media butons on front,64mb graphics 15.4 widescreen windows media center fully legal and discs coa the lot

dell custonm build price £1190

show price 3 months old guys customer wanted a publishing machine so she traded up to a Mac after buying this direct from dell (more money than sense!)

Checked serial number with police not stolen and also with friend who works for dell

and I knocked him down to £500 cash he wanted £625 without the discs (as he couldnt get the dvd to work properly and the sound was very quiet downloaded correct drivers 10mins later everything working ace) with full years warranty original not filled in so warranty now mine and case thrown in with the deal

bought stuff from his mates at the show in the past everything very good spent over £3k in past with these show people one bad item in about ten years so not a bad record i think

it is a lovely quick machine for what i want

the £600 saved is going towards a better longer holiday in 21 days time in the LOS will now go for 2 weeks now and 2 weeks xmas /year

double yipee

Jing-Jo

Do you really HAVE to buy in the UK??

Remember a piece of equipment costing $123 will be priced at 123 quid in the UK, almost twice as much.

A side trip to Singapore or Hongkong may save you a lot of money.

Do you really HAVE to buy in the UK??

Remember a piece of equipment costing $123 will be priced at 123 quid in the UK, almost twice as much.

A side trip to Singapore or Hongkong may save you a lot of money.

Singapore could be a stopover enroute, but it's expensive to visit. Do you know anyone who has purchased a bargain there recently? I thought Thai prices were pretty close these days.

Thanks to all respondents for helpful replies.