MTB hire in/around Bkk ?

Sandy Freckle

Is it possible to hire a 'decent' mtb somewhere around Bkk. I have to spend a week or 2 there in the new year and I'm interested in exploring some outlying places within cycling distance(possibly across and along the Chao Phraya) to keep me sane while I have to be in Bkk ?
I am aware of bicycle tour options and while I won't rule them out, I'd prefer something with a bit more randomness and independence if you catch my drift.wai.gif

Edited by Sandy Freckle

SpiceRoads offer bicycle hire as well as tours, and are quite decent quality and well maintained.

Alternatively Velo Thailand is another place to try, but not sure if they hire bikes individually or only as a group and their bikes were quite old entry level machines last time I used them.

Sent from my turnip using Tapatalk

Cheers moonoi apreciated..., also..., (don't mean to be a pest but) can anyone recommend various rides around Bangers ?
Is there a particular part across the river.., maybe Thon Buri district..., and along the canals or khlongs that is reasonably safe and easy to just 'amble' around ?
Maybe shoot me private message.., if you prefer your 'secret tracks' remain that way wai2.gif ?

Is the (on again/off again) swampy track open yet ?

Edited by Sandy Freckle

Think it is Dec 26th for the Skylane reopening at the airport.

I normally ride along the river road from Rangsit to Ayutthaya, between 100-150 km round trip depending how far in to Ayutthaya you go, but the scenery isn't that great for much of the way, nice quiet roads though with drivers that give plenty of room when passing, so quite safe.

There is the "Bangkok Jungle" out Bang Na way, you can also hire bikes locally there, and then there is also Rattanakosin Island which is nice to ride around at night.

Sent from my turnip using Tapatalk