Honda CL300 and CL500

Issanman

Cheaper than the ADV 300 and Yamahas X-max 300.  Put a bag rack on the back for your gear and its a trail/camping/touring bike....but this article says some things that are hard to believe.

https://www.topspeed.com/the-honda-cl300-is-a-china-only-motorcycle-youll-want-in-america/

Honda lets you jazz up your CL300 with a variety of accessories like a raised front fender, headlight mask, and even old-school number plates on the sides.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, C3PO said:

Interesting bike. For those who bought it: Is the CL500 worth the extra 80k tbh compared to the CL300? Especially given the road conditions and traffic in Thailand. 

Those who bought the 500

didn't buy the 300 so ...

how could they really compare the two.?

5 5

2 hours ago, C3PO said:

Interesting bike. For those who bought it: Is the CL500 worth the extra 80k tbh compared to the CL300? Especially given the road conditions and traffic in Thailand. 

One is a single the other is a twin. Chalk and cheese.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've had one of these for four months and 3000 km. Fantastic with two complaints. No tool kit. 39th Honda motorbike my family have owned, first that came without a tool kit. And no way to access an owner's manual in English. Neither a major problem, but irritating nontheless. Bike too new for aftermarket service manuals to have been printed, and very few accessories are available. I bought a side bag to carry tools and stuff. Nice bag, leather, but attachment to the frame designed by a former Yugo engineer. But the bike, what a wonder. I rode CL350's and 450's from the 60's. Loved them. The Japanese/Chinese should do well with this 55 year old resurrection.  

CL300.jpg

• Like 1