UK expats for EU exit

In a blow to David Cameron and the pro-EU camp, the online survey by Opinium puts the Leave side on 43%, four points ahead of Remain, on 39%. Some 18% of voters said they were undecided, while 1% refused to say.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/apr/02/eu-referendum-young-voters-brexit-leave

Not like the Guardian to publish anything that might be against staying in.

I've always thought that the younger generation,who have been subject to EU propaganda throughout their non experienced lives, would be the deciding factor in this referendum. This has been acknowledged by the remain side,who are making a point in emphasizing the differences between the different generations. Will this strategy be successful?probably so.

Edited by nontabury
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In a blow to David Cameron and the pro-EU camp, the online survey by Opinium puts the Leave side on 43%, four points ahead of Remain, on 39%. Some 18% of voters said they were undecided, while 1% refused to say.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/apr/02/eu-referendum-young-voters-brexit-leave

Not like the Guardian to publish anything that might be against staying in.

I've always thought that the younger generation,who have been subject to EU propaganda throughout their non experienced lives, would be the deciding factor in this referendum. This has been acknowledged by the remain side,who are making a point in emphasizing the differences between the different generations. Will this strategy be successful?probably so.

That remains to be seen, but it is well documented that the 18 - 25 age group are historically low turnout voters.

This has been bandied about for a long time and may well come back to haunt Cameron.

The number of EU migrants working in the UK will finally be revealed just weeks before the referendum on Britain’s EU membership – in a move that could prove immigration has been seriously underestimated by official statistics.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/03/number-migrants-revealed-eu-referendum-hmrc-national-insurance

The last immigration figures from the ONS were immediately returned to them, under orders to review them.

If I had been the minister that stirred the hornets nest on this one I would also have demanded a breakdown on the tax and NI paid by those NINO's along with a breakdown of every benefit paid to those NINO's.

If it is worth stirring, you might as well stir it properly.

According to reports ( todays Express ), which we naturally are unaware of, it seems the EU are preparing to admit the Ukraine into the fold, the leaders have already signed it off! Even less influence for each member then. The Dutch have just got wind of it and in a poll have railed against the the EU elite by 66% to 25% saying they do not approve and urge the UK to take the chance and get out while we can and if we do then you can expect our referendum to be followed by others with a similar result. People across the continent are begining to wake up to what is going on in the EU and they have no say about what is going on now or in the future.

For our future and the future of the continent we must vote to leave.

Edited by nong38

Whilst current incumbents are happy to endorse the view that we are better in the EU security wise it is interesting that former incumbents take a different view. Sir Richard Dearlove former head of MI6 said the EU were of little consequence where security was concerned. Michael Hayden former CIA head said that the Eu was not a natural contributor to National Security. Both Sir Richard and Michael Hayden thought that the UKs security would be better served outside of the EU.

It seems that on the continent only the French have a large intel service all the rest are small compared to ours and the US. It also worth noting that we ( UK ) only share our highest security items with our "EYES" partners, the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, you will notice that non of these are in the EU. I wonder if the reason we do not share, or are more choosy what we share, with our EU chums, maybe they are a bit leaky or maybe they dont know what or how to use it.

When it comes to security the EU offers us very little.

How can Britain be safer in the EU when millions of immigrants are flooding into Britain unchecked eh!...its not rocket science especially after the slaughter in Brussels recently.

Look at the map of Turkey, EU Turkey will stretch Europe's borders all the way to SYRIA, IRAN and IRAQ.

Britain safer in the EU, work it out yourself?

post-7723-0-30374800-1459766825_thumb.gi

post-7723-0-35823800-1459766840_thumb.jp

There does seem to be some dirty dealing going on here, it appears that what was first in the budget about welfare cuts was going to be looked at again and finally dropped, all after the budget, does not seem like a planned budget to me, surely they could see that its not right to hit the disadvantaged to pay for the better off to have a tax cut, it hard to justify.

Osborne may have blown his leadership aspirations with this cock up, no doubt many will be wheeled in to prop up Ossie and point at IDS in the same way as the IN /OUT debate has seen "stars" telling us to do what they would do.

The BBC has been taken to task for bias interviewing of prop Euro voices, more than twice as much time given to the remain group as to the leave, what a surprise, good job we can make up our minds.

22 MILLION reasons why the BBC is pro-EU.

The BBC is a paid agent of the EU and therefore has no credibility and cannot be trusted on any EU issues to have unbiased reporting.

post-7723-0-59384000-1459767193_thumb.jp

post-7723-0-34859900-1459767343_thumb.jp

Ant and Dec are two small Geordies who appear on tv as presenters, to the best of my knowledge they cannot sing, dance or do magic although they do appear to smile a lot. For this they sem to be paid an enormous amount of money, amazing! What the General Pubic sees in them is beyond me but they will have their ear when the time comes, just dont ask them what they think of EU, they will probably think is a new band.

For those waiting on pensions then I think the amount, which has recently been reduced due to the exchange rate should be aware there is likely to be more turmoil coming up to the vote on 23rd June, I expect the £ to go down in the days leading up to and it may well continue afterwards as well. Its not good news either way. If the vote is to stay in, then the Euro and the £ will start to rise again, so if its your pension that worries you and whats in the bank you should vote to stay in.

Whatever the outcome, its not likely that we will see too many of the results in our lifetimes, so if you going to vote for out, then the world you wish for will take time to be become clear if it will appear at all, you would be voting for future generations who you think will be better off outside the EU, a vote for the country rather a vote for your pocket.

No one knows what the future holds, in either camps, events appear that change directions and no one saw them coming, if we could predict the future we would all be rich.

Its a gamble either way, if we leave are we sure we can strike up the trade deals that will ensure our success, will London remain the global centre it is today, will be be better off outside the EU with our own democracy, laws, borders and security?

If we stay in what will the EU have in store for us now we shown doubt in their master plans? Will we be treated differently and if so how differently? What direction will the EU now go in, the one we think we voted for a different one, one we were not made aware of.

I look at Turkey, next to Syria, holding the EU to ransom to get into the EU, only about 10% of the country is actually in Europe and yet they are muscling there way in, another 75 million people who could be heading for the UK and we would be powerless to stop them ( not likely I grant you). Istanbul would then be Europes largest city.

I look at the EU members and wonder how is it right that everyone has an equal vote, Malta, Lithuania and Estonia have the same voting rights as the UK and Germany etc when they cash input is nil or thereabouts, here is where its difficult to make decisions so the un-elected EU beaurocrats get away with what they want taking it in the direction they want rather than what the peoples want.

We are the 3rd biggest trading nation in the world its what we have done for years, we will not suddenly stop trading but we might be able to do it better on our own with some EU folk doing it for us in their own way and their own time.

We would still be in the UN and on the security council and regain our seat on the WTO, still be members of the G8 G20 and NATO, does not sound to bad to me.

There is always a lot of talk about our trade with the EU, it would be in both sides interests to strike a deal, a lot of jobs depend on it on both sides, but, we must also remember that 90% of British companies do not deal with the EU as well but still have to adhere to their directives and laws.

The USA sells far more to the EU than we do, they dont pay anything into the coffers for the privilege either, they have their own deal

Security would still be linked up whether we are in or out, the notion put about by some that all co operation would cease is simply not true, its in all our interests to keep in touch and updated as to whats going on.

Having said all that I am for out and I doubt anybody is going to show me something that is going to change my mind, similarly there will be many out there who feel its right to stay in and nothing I say or show you will change your mind, that I understand, you see when ti comes down to it we have a "gut" feeling about everything and which way it draws us, we have had several decades to stiffen that position as well..

Now I look with interest on the bookies odds and on the popularity of the Government and Cameron for the latest numbers now that the show is on the road, theres a long way to go and the gun has yet to fired officially yet!

Good post Nong38.

Yes you are correct Britain shall still in all those intergovernmental bodies as you mentioned....please read this prize winning publication on Brexit - The IEA Brexit Prize: A Blueprint for Britain - Openness not ...

http://www.iea.org.uk/publications/research/the-iea-brexit-prize-a-blueprint-for-britain-openness-not-isolation

Then ask yourself in the skullduggery dirty world of politics why did the British Prime Minister David Cameron silence the prize winning author?

British Diplomat Silenced After Winning E.U. Exit Prize - Hit ...

http://reason.com/blog/2014/04/11/british-diplomat-silenced-after-winning

For the readers that may not be aware how undemocratic the European Union is please read the following -

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/matthew-ellery/eu-referendum_b_9514608.html

http://www.betteroffout.net/the-case/10-eu-myths-about-withdrawl/

Britain has no voice in the EU.

Currently Britain has a measly 9% of the voting rights in the EU and British MEP's constantly get outvoted time and time again, the measly 9% voting rights we do have now will soon to be further whittled down to a near non existent 3% of EU voting rights when Turkey joins the European Union....however the EU will still demand its never ceasing payments from Britain for tens of BILLIONS of pounds every year to fill the bottomless EU money pit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/eureferendum/11066802/How-British-MEPs-are-outvoted-time-and-again-in-Brussels.html

If Britain stays in the EU it will be renamed "EU Region 7" and reduced to an EU cash cow with no voice to be milked by the EU at every opportunity.

That is Britain's future if it stays in the undemocratic, sovereignty stealing, poverty spreading expansionist EU Empire.

VOTE OUT FOR YOUR CHILDREN AND YOUR GRAND CHILDREN'S FUTURES!

post-7723-0-71273600-1459770455_thumb.jp

12 Million reasons why British politicians except for the United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP) politicians are pro-EU...to gain access to lucrative EU jobs with obscene EU salaries and pensions.

Vast personal wealth provided by the EU is the pro-EU politicians objective.

post-7723-0-52782500-1459771035_thumb.jp

post-7723-0-33622500-1459771046_thumb.jp

FYI,

The European Union and the US Government are negotiating (IN SECRET) a deal amongst other things that is going to privatise the British National Health Service (NHS) through the back door, the name of the agreement is the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP).

If any Brit values the NHS or uses it now on trips back to the U.K the only way to thwart this EU TTIP deal is for Britain to vote to leave the EU (Brexit).

EU+TTIP = RIP NHS.

Information on TTIP here -

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/what-is-ttip-and-six-reasons-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html

http://ttip2016.eu/blog/id-30-reasons-why-greens-oppose-ttip.html

I see Sir Mick Jagger has come out on the out side of the debate although he admits it wont affect him much, Sir Michael Caine as well, wonder if Michael Portillo will enter the fray?

I was reading today the John Lewis Partnerships stance, they will remain neutral as always, however the Chairman has stated that should we leave he expects that the £ would go down and therefore import costs would rise which would affect profits, no surprise there just tell the partners what to expect. He also suggests that there are 3 main areas where partners will make the own mind up on and Charlie stresses he is not telling them what to do it up to the individual. The areas he mentions are the economy, immigration and sovereignty and any one of these might be strong enough to win the vote. So any clues there? Well I dont think to many will worrying to much about the economy, so its down to Immigration and Sovereignty, pretty much the same as most of us then.

Chairman Charlie is a straight man, tells it as it is and how he sees it and it depends how you interpret what he says, I would say he understands the situation and what will influence people and reading between the lines I can guess which way he is leaning, I could be wrong of course.

I wonder if the European Football Cup will influence any of the young?. At the exact moment of the referendum England will be either out, or we will have that nationalistic business of cars racing around with flags and chants of Eeeeengland! with all the nationalistic fervour of stuffing the other European countries. (Of course the other UK teams may also still be in.)

You never know. Given a close race a few votes here and there!

I wonder if the European Football Cup will influence any of the young?. At the exact moment of the referendum England will be either out, or we will have that nationalistic business of cars racing around with flags and chants of Eeeeengland! with all the nationalistic fervour of stuffing the other European countries. (Of course the other UK teams may also still be in.)

You never know. Given a close race a few votes here and there!

Yes I think you are right, could be some votes out there for that, esp if we get some bum ref decisions, same goes for Man City in the ECL, for sure they wont be allowed to win it, the powers that be will make sure that its either Real Madrid or Barcelona, where oh where are Nottingham Forest when you need them!

Bet Cloughie was an outer!!

Edited by nong38

The Dutch have voted against any extension of the EU by 61% to 38% and as its over the 30% turnout required to become law the EU is stopped in its tracks for now.

Meanwhile back in the UK the HMG is sending out to 27m homes a leaflet explaining why we should stay in the EU, its 14 pages long and will be backed by other media, the cost is £9.3m to us. Well mine will go straight in the bin and I guess it will antagonize a lot of the electorate as well, information is one thing but where does information stop and propaganda begin? We will have to suffer the game as its played out until June even though the vast number of people will already have made up their minds, it then is down to who are the most dedicated to get out there and vote. The gray vote have the time and the experience to do this and are heavily on the out side, along with the armed forces. The demographics say that people over the age of 45 are more inclined to vote out, I think this to high, I think its more like 40 and that is a big difference. The latest opinion poll I saw yesterday from opinium said that for the first time the OUT vote was in the lead 43-39, of course no one takes any notice of opinion polls do they, well politicians most certainly do! The Government lurches from one wrong move to another unable to convince the voters to change their minds, watch this space.

Nong.

I thought, and it looks wrongly, that there would be two 'official' campaigns decided by the Electoral Commission. The official campaign is yet to start as I understand it.

These two campaign bodies I thought, again, would have strict financial constraints to ensure fairness.

Wonder if the cost of this postal blitz by HMG is within that?.

The Dutch have voted against any extension of the EU by 61% to 38% and as its over the 30% turnout required to become law the EU is stopped in its tracks for now.

Meanwhile back in the UK the HMG is sending out to 27m homes a leaflet explaining why we should stay in the EU, its 14 pages long and will be backed by other media, the cost is £9.3m to us. Well mine will go straight in the bin and I guess it will antagonize a lot of the electorate as well, information is one thing but where does information stop and propaganda begin? We will have to suffer the game as its played out until June even though the vast number of people will already have made up their minds, it then is down to who are the most dedicated to get out there and vote. The gray vote have the time and the experience to do this and are heavily on the out side, along with the armed forces. The demographics say that people over the age of 45 are more inclined to vote out, I think this to high, I think its more like 40 and that is a big difference. The latest opinion poll I saw yesterday from opinium said that for the first time the OUT vote was in the lead 43-39, of course no one takes any notice of opinion polls do they, well politicians most certainly do! The Government lurches from one wrong move to another unable to convince the voters to change their minds, watch this space.

The Brexit option seems to have woken a few euro-folks up and caused them to question their own governments, but it's too late. The people voted for a government who then handed the reins of power to Brussels and getting them back is not going to be easy. One can only hope that UK will have enough common-sense to see through the smoke and mirrors.

Just watching Cameron talking to young students.

So, so patronizing to the audience and scaremongering of the highest order. Why can't he simply say he has nailed his colours to the mast of 'remain' and have done with it.

He's outlining the most horrific future for these students if they don't vote to remain.

There will be 2 sides to the story, in and out, both will have public funding, the IN gang will get £26.7m and the Out gang will get £11.7m for their campaigns from public funds. The current furor is because the Government claim the people want more ( biased ) information on which to base their judgement on, therefore, as its the HMG position to stay in they are stealing a march and £(m of your money to peddle their myths and fables.

Personally I think many people have already made their minds up, this will just harden their stance and any more bad news that comes along between now and June is not going to help the Government, the drift is all going to the leave side, I can think of nothing that will stop the momentum even though there is still over 2 months to go can you?

I dont know if the HMG are still going to go ahead with their 14 page booklet about how to vote in the Referendum but if they are then a jolly good rouse would be to put them back in the post unopened marked return to sender!

Nong.

I thought, and it looks wrongly, that there would be two 'official' campaigns decided by the Electoral Commission. The official campaign is yet to start as I understand it.

These two campaign bodies I thought, again, would have strict financial constraints to ensure fairness.

Wonder if the cost of this postal blitz by HMG is within that?.

Its not a fair fight already as David Cameron's pro-EU government has spent £10 Million pounds of taxpayers money plus the £7 million allowed thats £17 Million for the voting in campaign against £7 million for Brexit...the f*ckers.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/658797/EU-referendrum-Fury-PM-10-million-proBrussels-leaflets

Anyone who votes to stay in must have been brainwashed by the EU propaganda machine and don't see the obvious flaws in EU security, border integrity and policies on agriculture and fishing - to name only a few of the more obvious failures. The EU might need UK, but UK certainly does not need to be held back by the EU with it's farcically ponderous governmental systems and blatant waste of budgets.

The more you understand how the EU works it will horrify you.

http://getbritainout.org/the-undemocratic-eu-explained-it-will-never-change/

http://www.dcbmep.org/in-advance-of-pms-speech-on-the-eu-here-are-the-facts-not-the-myths/

post-7723-0-59828600-1460301905_thumb.jp

Now her's a thought how about not giving any overseas aid and looking after people in Britain better ?

How about not sending British workers taxes overseas so other people in foreign lands don't benefit because they never paid in??

How about giving it to pensioners living abroad who paid in all their lives , now theres a thought .

Now her's a thought how about not giving any overseas aid and looking after people in Britain better ?

How about not sending British workers taxes overseas so other people in foreign lands don't benefit because they never paid in??

How about giving it to pensioners living abroad who paid in all their lives , now theres a thought .

Nah because what political grandstanding can be gained with that...continue sending BILLIONS to the EU will guarantee you a lucrative job and access to vast EU personal wealth...ironically paid by your contributions of coarse.

I started to pay income tax in August 1959 and here it is in April 2016 and I am STILL paying income tax in the UK on my pensions.

I get nothing from the the UK government that I have not worked for or earned.

Billd766

As the lawyer for the UK government said in his pitch to the European Court of HR, regarding pension increases;

"These people (us) who choose to absent themselves from the UK and make no contribution whatsoever to the economy, should not receive increases on a social security benefit"

So, where the hell is yours and my income tax going? Pananma?

I read today that the EU has legislation on hold until after the end of June to take control of the UK Pensions and welfare system! The mind only boggles at what this might mean, might it mean that we have to bring all the poorer countries up to our levels with our money whilst we stand still and just watch our navels disappear in the process?

Billd766

As the lawyer for the UK government said in his pitch to the European Court of HR, regarding pension increases;

"These people (us) who choose to absent themselves from the UK and make no contribution whatsoever to the economy, should not receive increases on a social security benefit"

So, where the hell is yours and my income tax going? Pananma?

I am buggered if I know but I DO know that I am contributing to the UK economy by paying income tax and not bludging off the government for any other "benefits that I would be entitled to, such as child benefit at the rate of £20.70 per week. My son is 12 so think how much the government has saved on that alone, let alone free glasses, free NHS treatment, bus pass etc and some wonker of a government lawyer is being paid some of my tax money and has the audacity to say that?

Edited by billd766