Electricity Bill

psychosid10

Every month i get the electricity bill by the first week of the month.. I havent received it till now.. Is it the same for others ?? i live in thonglor soi 25 ..

In any case, how can someone pay a bill if its lost/misplaced ? Do i need the bill in hand ?

Edited by psychosid10

I think you need to have the bill to be able to pay it. I normally pay ours either via the barcode at the ATM or in the 7.11. The a :o mount differs month to month depending on the time of year and how many people are staying at the flat. If you are or know a Thai speaker, you could try phoning the leccy company and asking for another

I assume you have your account information on file somewhere, or perhaps an old bill with your address and account info on it? If you have this information then they can look up your account for you.

The main office (I think it is the main office) is opposite/near Central Chidlom. I beleive it is on the street that intersects with Sukumvit, closer to Petchburi road.

Otherwise, if you do not pay they will send you a reminder.. and tell you they will cut off your electricity unless you pay at the main branch.

Edited by Ulysses

I had that situation before to me too before I got auto-deduction from my Bangkok Bank account set up. A bit of a hassle to do - especially if renting I hear, but was worth it for me travelling a lot.

I remember I spend a whole afternoon at the elec company (Klongtoy) when the bill was lost - so look forward to some fun and please post your experience here.

Cheers!

psychosid10: - An old bill will do the business.

Last month (Sep) and for the first time in two years i recieved neither my UBC or Electricity bill, i simply took along my previous months bill and the cashier's logged my account number into the computer and came up with the amount due which i paid and a receipt was issued.

Good luck.

Edited by nam-thip

Yes - as far as I remember (it's been almost 2 years). Bringing it is certainly an advantage.

Mine took time for several reasons:

1. finding the right place

2. finding the "right" counter, standing in line

3. being directed to OTHER right counter :o

4. at that counter being told that first I had to cancel the OLD bill at another counter.....

And so forth.... Hopefully they have gotten better. Oh, btw they then send me the old bill REMINDER a week later and the show started over.

Cheers!

Its happened to me before.

Just go the the MEA (Metropolitan Electricty Authority) on Pleonchit , just up from Central.

The building you need is the one which actually on the fron of the road next to the big fountain - not behind it. The counter you need is just about opposite the entrance on Pleonchit.

Its right next to the stairs for the skytrain.

If you've got an old bill its easy.

If not you can get your account no. off your meter.

Failing that you just give them your address, if you are renting in a condo you may also need the name of the owner.

Its easy , even if you can't speak Thai. Just ask, somebody is always willing to help , even the other customers there. TiT (now is'nt that a better way of using that expression)

Cheers