New Tourism Minister Prefers Quality To Quantity

george

New immigration requirements:

Jeans & T shirts this line, suits and ties this line !

Personaly I think they should start targeting the people who insist on wearing white socks with sandals/flip flops first

yes mate, :D

its a shocker isn't it. :D

its those bleeding pommy sweaters fella,

if you see one of them, report him to bangkoks finest will you. :o

im not having that any more of that rubbish. :D

cheers :D

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New immigration requirements:

Jeans & T shirts this line, suits and ties this line !

Personaly I think they should start targeting the people who insist on wearing white socks with sandals/flip flops first

I did wonder why I haven't seen 'Miami Vice" for a while :o

How do you define quality???? This is what is open to debate - what they are saying - they want a certain caliber of tourist, ie who spends heaps. This is what every tourism official across the world wants. However wanting and getting are diff animals. :D

the thais have there own view of quality and i never consider my self smart enough to double guess what it might be.

but i'll have a crack,

and i say it's got lots to do with the dollars. :D

after all,

ive only had a 19 year affiliation with the thais and im still learning.

one never stops studying the thai mind and only a fool would say he is an expert in this field.

my own view of quality has nothing to do with the dollars.

im talking about attracting tourists and travellers that have a good intent.

after all,

many backpackers dont have lots of cash, but conduct them selves in a reasonable manner and also many run of the mill tourists.

its not a monetary answer,

its a character issue . :D

in conclusion ,

quality equals character and intent.

cheers :o

good points and the post has a lot of merit

its a character issue . :D

going by previous top members of the thai elite they should look in wards before telling others how to act

my own view of quality has nothing to do with the dollars.

After 19 years in Thailand...? :D

tavelling back and forth from aussie for 19 years. :D

i can hear you laughing mate,

but yes,

it is about the dollars, but im talking about quality of the tourist which is an inner quality.

now im not suggesting strict measures but if your a mass murderer you cant play with us in los. :D

not bleeding hard is it .? :D

your laughing at the government policy and money rules absolutely in there eyes.

two totally different issue's my friend. :D

cheers :o

Well, for me , the poorest foreigner still brings money in from abroad.

And helps Thailand.

So if I was them, I would think twice about what 'quality' means and what benefits the 'quality' ones bring to Thailand.

Compared to the 'non quality' ones...

How do you define quality???? This is what is open to debate - what they are saying - they want a certain caliber of tourist, ie who spends heaps. This is what every tourism official across the world wants. However wanting and getting are diff animals. :o

Oh that is easy;

ISO 9000 certified.

Equipped with shopping and spending modes.

3 month or 400,000 ThB what ever occurs first.

Over tip.

Polite and kind and willing to compensate for mistakes with money.

Able to provide fantastic reviews of Thailand when they return home.

Yes, Chinese tourism will increase dramatically in the years to come but it will be package tourists and not the 'Quality tourist'.

LaoPo[/color]

The "package" tourist is perceived as part of the "quality" tourist group as the money they spend can be tightly controlled. The perceived problem with the "low-budget" independent tourist is not always the total "dollar" amount they spend as they often spend. over two months in-country, what the wealtheir tourist spends in one week, but the money the budget tourist spends is not controlled and can end up in anyone's hands, even some down trodden Isaan noodle shop owner.

Unfortunately Terry mate you are confusing character with quality and there is really no way to judge character without knowing someone for some time. This is about dosh and nothing more in my humble opinion.

exactly.

Another peach of an idea from the old think tank of dumb ideas. :o

Unfortunately Terry mate you are confusing character with quality and there is really no way to judge character without knowing someone for some time. This is about dosh and nothing more in my humble opinion.

exactly.

Another peach of an idea from the old think tank of dumb ideas. :D

i know your having a good laugh at my expense mate, but thats ok as im a bit hung over today and i'll think of another dumb idea latter so you can cack your daks again. :D:D

:o

exactly.

i know your having a good laugh at my expense mate, but thats ok as im a bit hung over today and i'll think of another dumb idea latter so you can cack your daks again. :D:D

Blaming it on your culture again eh? :D

exactly.

thats ok old blue eyes and you can have a crack at me, as im a passive punter today as my head hurts. :D

get in while you can boys as i'll be back on top of my game tomorrow. :D

cheers to all my tv punting mates. :D

exactly.

Another peach of an idea from the old think tank of dumb ideas.

thats ok old blue eyes and you can have a crack at me, as im a passive punter today as my head hurts. :D

get in while you can boys as i'll be back on top of my game tomorrow. :D

cheers to all my tv punting mates. :D

Don't sound like the quality falang Thailand is looking for :D

Kick a man while his down, it saves energy :D

'You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message'

Board message.

Thats mainly due to your overuse of emoticons. I'll have to delete some.

What the heck is the "Riviera" program? Only heard of Longstay and Thai Elite.

I googled it and it turns out to be a biodome somewhere :o

Cheers!

I've seen the plans for the Thai Riviera at the Ministry of Tourism, where they have several large portfolios filled with colour sketches and brief Thai text. Basically they want to line the entire Gulf coastline from Phetchaburi to Chumphon with five-star beach resorts and yacht marinas. Very much like the French & Italian Riviera, in concept. No provision for natural conservation, as far as I could tell from reading the accompanying text and from perusing the sketches. When I asked whether they might want to leave some bits of the coast undeveloped, they said why should they, seeing how the French and Italians don't preserve their coastlines?

There is an exhaustive listing of testimonials endlessly praising the many wonderful benefits of the program. These are all written by the very rich and powerful from all over the globe. Based on these many testimonials, I would foresee that this program will become hugely popular:

http://www.thai-riviera.com/testimonials.htm

I will not speak for the italians, but I can say coast line is protected from StRaphael (west border) up to Menton (east border) all along the french riviera.

One proof, when Frejus decided to create a new sea port (middle of the 90') all the sand from the beaches used for the port have to be moved 10 km west (frejus, even if not in French riviera have beaches with sand, at the opposite of cannes).

Make a riviera somewhere is a dream that many country have (had), but fact is, Riviera exaist for several reasons : weather is the most important, and because of it many rich people relocated there (still doing it) at the start of the XX century (one of the King of Thailand did it, dead in CAnnes or Nice).

French riviera is not only about sea, palm tree, and beaches. That is also about airport, it's also about winter season (you can find ski station within one hour of road from Nice or Cannes). It's also about transportation, quality of life, technology .... and also about cost ( I left there, because what I earn in one month in thailand would not cover one week in St Raphael). It's also about culture, real culture and old culture, things that are complicated to find in thailand. That is amazing to go to pray in a cathedral that is 1 500 years old, it's also quite amazing to live Groecinus Street, or Agricola place (comtemporary people of Julius Caesar).

When any city of Thailand will have 2 500 years old (marseille age), or even 2200(Nice), then maybe it will be hope, untill that, we still can enjoy te hot weather, the hot girls and the cold beer. But just that

What the heck is the "Riviera" program? Only heard of Longstay and Thai Elite.

I googled it and it turns out to be a biodome somewhere :o

Cheers!

I've seen the plans for the Thai Riviera at the Ministry of Tourism, where they have several large portfolios filled with colour sketches and brief Thai text. Basically they want to line the entire Gulf coastline from Phetchaburi to Chumphon with five-star beach resorts and yacht marinas. Very much like the French & Italian Riviera, in concept. No provision for natural conservation, as far as I could tell from reading the accompanying text and from perusing the sketches. When I asked whether they might want to leave some bits of the coast undeveloped, they said why should they, seeing how the French and Italians don't preserve their coastlines?

There is an exhaustive listing of testimonials endlessly praising the many wonderful benefits of the program. These are all written by the very rich and powerful from all over the globe. Based on these many testimonials, I would foresee that this program will become hugely popular:

http://www.thai-riviera.com/testimonials.htm

I see what you mean, err, I don't see what you mean, err........