Cost of replacing cv boots

overherebc

Wife's Honda - done by BQuick - clean and repack CV joints with 4 boots = 7,000-8,000b......+ the upsell stuff that of course my wife got because it was "best for the car"

Fast forward a few months and 1,700 kilos later - nasty CV noise on turns and CV joint literally falling apart → sorry no warranty - over 60 days....

Jumped in the car and took down a straight road 20k away to a trusted shop we'd used before......Had all the same work redone + one CV replaced with no further problems 4,000 baht.....

On my car BQ wanted to sell me an air filter → 1500 baht //// replaced at another shop 350 baht.....

Wife's Honda - done by BQuick - clean and repack CV joints with 4 boots = 7,000-8,000b......+ the upsell stuff that of course my wife got because it was "best for the car"

Fast forward a few months and 1,700 kilos later - nasty CV noise on turns and CV joint literally falling apart → sorry no warranty - over 60 days....

Jumped in the car and took down a straight road 20k away to a trusted shop we'd used before......Had all the same work redone + one CV replaced with no further problems 4,000 baht.....

On my car BQ wanted to sell me an air filter → 1500 baht //// replaced at another shop 350 baht.....

Shock horror dissing BQ on TV lots of tears this morninglaugh.png

You can get kits with grease, mini screws with nuts and boots with a slit in them. I used them once. Cut the old boot off, get as much of the old grease out as you can, put the boot in place squirt the new grease in and tighten up the screws. Easy peasy!

Of course if you have clunking on turns that needs more than a new boot and grease!

post-63954-0-43888200-1450355064_thumb.j