Suprême patriarch

motyduke

I have seen that yesterday was the cremation of the suprem patriarch . But i was surprised to read he died in october 2013 !!! I Knew that buddhist keep for a while à body before cérémony but why such a long time ?? Is somebody know how they set the length of Keeping of someone body ? They have rules for that ?

No idea about exact "rules" but in general: the higher the status the longer.

(its also interesting to read about the different "levels" of Royal urns donated)

Princess Bejaratana Rajasuda (Phetcharat Ratchasuda) a child of a previous king, cousin of the reigning king died 27 July 2011.

Cremation was on 9 April 2012.

A huge cremation site was erected at Sanam Luang for this occasion and the king ignited the fire.

seeing this stuff make me question mans/womans stupidity in gobbledy gook nonsense and a whole nations enforced "devotion"bah.gif

Well it does provide another picture opportunity for the tourists. Think what Europe would be like without all those marvelous cathedrals to take pictures of. However it doesn't bare thinking about the suffering and deprivation that went into their construction..

It was to enable them to build a new Wat/Temple so he could be cremated there and nowhere else that's it according to some bloke drinking a can of cheers beer at the bottom of soi 4 Pattaya.

Sounds fairly plausible (not that I know).

For the mentioned princess they needed months to build a wooden cremation temple on Sanam Luang.

If memory serves me right the cost for the site was about 13 million Baht.

Edited by KhunBENQ