Internet slowdown since return?

gessi2000

I have 3bb at 15mb and I watch the NHL hockey almost every morning and it works fine. No slow downs that I can see. You have to have a good connection if you watch live sports.never ever had a problem here in Rayong expect a few times in my other house when it shutdown completely. But they fixed it fast. Since I moved a few years back it has always worked good.

I cant say this is the reason but as Christmas approaches it could be that there is a substantial increase in people carrying out online shopping. I wouldnt think this would be significant more likely it is the limited bandwidth that Thailand has internationally. But it could contribute to the reduced speed.

You people should be thankful, your speeds are "lightening" fast, compared to my "home" connection back in Australia. I am connected to Australia's largest "service" provider, Telstra, what speed am I getting, 0.3Mps, yes, you read it right, Thailand, a developing country, out performers a so called "developed" country.

The main problem rest the with companies that refuse to buy bandwidth on the international gateway. Domestic Thai internet is always OK. BBB, TOT and all the others refuse to increase their international gateway band width. Very few Thais use international internet.

" Domestic Thai internet is always OK"

Not sure about that. I frequently have problems accessing Thai Visa even when sites outside Thailand are easily opened.

The main problem rest the with companies that refuse to buy bandwidth on the international gateway. Domestic Thai internet is always OK. BBB, TOT and all the others refuse to increase their international gateway band width. Very few Thais use international internet.

" Domestic Thai internet is always OK"

Not sure about that. I frequently have problems accessing Thai Visa even when sites outside Thailand are easily opened.

This site isn't hosted in Thailand - seems to be hosted in Singapore.

Also check your ethernet cable that connects internet point to modem to router etc.the cable should ideally be Cat6 or 6E.cat 5 cables transmit slower and are to built for gigabit speeds.

I hear what your saying had this conversation with a tech savvy back in uk a couple of years ago went to buy cat 6 cable was asked why,explained was told this is best reply rubish just a sales pitch so you buy more expensive cable like HDMI rip off a few years before. All erthenet cables handle exactly the same (named brands not Chinese copys).

You people should be thankful, your speeds are "lightening" fast, compared to my "home" connection back in Australia. I am connected to Australia's largest "service" provider, Telstra, what speed am I getting, 0.3Mps, yes, you read it right, Thailand, a developing country, out performers a so called "developed" country.

You people!!!!!!!

Instagram & Facebook are the two most popular sites for Thai's.

Please engage brain before you post

Both sites massively use coordinated caches placed at strategic locations (like internet exchanges between ISPs in a given country) to make sure that most of the traffic remains local.

Believe me, only a fraction of what you see on Facebook or Instagram comes from their US servers.

Also check your ethernet cable that connects internet point to modem to router etc.the cable should ideally be Cat6 or 6E.cat 5 cables transmit slower and are to built for gigabit speeds.

I hear what your saying had this conversation with a tech savvy back in uk a couple of years ago went to buy cat 6 cable was asked why,explained was told this is best reply rubish just a sales pitch so you buy more expensive cable like HDMI rip off a few years before. All erthenet cables handle exactly the same (named brands not Chinese copys).

Sorry this is not correct all cables are not the same, but for most home users the cable lengths are so short it is not a problem. If for some reason you are not using wifi and have long cables running round your home and can't get fibre, Cat 6 cables do give better performance.

NB for good technical reasons the max length for Ethernet copper cables is normally 100 meters. If you need to run longer cables use fibre converters and run fibre optic cable.

We are very lucky in many areas of Thailand that the networks are so extensive and regularly updated and we can get fibre to the home for relatively cheap prices.

You people!!!!!!!

Good to see someone with so much to add..... please, get a life!!!!!!

You people!!!!!!!

I have a great life thank you I have contributed to this thread just pointing out that ' you people" is not very polite but maybe it is in Australia! !!!!. Have a good day coba

You people!!!!!!!

I have a great life thank you I have contributed to this thread just pointing out that ' you people" is not very polite but maybe it is in Australia! !!!!. Have a good day coba

Politeness is in the context

, you obviously read things into a post that only you want to see. Have a good day "cobber", oh, and really... GET A LIFE.

You people!!!!!!!

, you obviously read things into a post that only you want to see. Have a good day "cobber", oh, and really... GET A LIFE.

Oh belive me unlike some I really do have a great life. I read as it's printed now sleep well don't forget to brush your teeth.

You people!!!!!!!

Oh belive me unlike some I really do have a great life. I read as it's printed now sleep well don't forget to brush your teeth.

I don't know why "kids", like you, are allowed to "play" with the adults, you mum and dad should take away your internet privileges.

You may have "read as it's printed" but you certainly interpreted it your own way.... grow up, get a life, the life you have is juvenile to say the least.

You people!!!!!!!

I don't know why "kids", like you, are allowed to "play" with the adults, you mum and dad should take away your internet privileges.

You may have "read as it's printed" but you certainly interpreted it your own way.... grow up, get a life, the life you have is juvenile to say the least.

What can I say did you get your older sister to write that for you boy, now your boring me so will delete these posts and get on enjoying my very very good life and leave you to your sad one

Edited by Sutty