Looking For A Good Carrier To Send Books From Uk

Richb2004v2

I am doing a distance learning course from the UK and need to have some books sent from there to here. I have looked at a few different carriers that offer door to door or door to port. However, knowing what these things are like in Thailand I wonder if I go for door to door will it actually get to my door in the time given (one week)?

Has anyone had things sent from Uk in such good time and can anyone recommend a tried and tested carrier?

I am in Rayong and the books will be from North East UK.

If I can not be sure of getting these books in time then I will be wasting the 600 pounds I will pay to do it. It’s a bit of a logistical nightmare.

Thanks.

I am doing a distance learning course from the UK and need to have some books sent from there to here. I have looked at a few different carriers that offer door to door or door to port. However, knowing what these things are like in Thailand I wonder if I go for door to door will it actually get to my door in the time given (one week)?

Has anyone had things sent from Uk in such good time and can anyone recommend a tried and tested carrier?

If I can not be sure of getting these books in time then I will be wasting the 600 pounds I will pay to do it. It’s a bit of a logistical nightmare.

Thanks.

I use TnT and DHL.

Always very reliable.

Cheers

Do they actually manage door to door?

Thanks.

I use TnT and DHL.

Always very reliable.

Cheers

Do they actually manage door to door?

DHL do from the UK, the duty on books should be zero so no hassle with customs.

That said, I've had several books simply posted airmail, all have arrived no problem (one was opened, but obviously the opener didn't want an english book).

I checked with DHL and TnT. They said that it needs to be business to business. How did you get them to deliver to your door?

Interesting, it sort of just happened :o

My dad sent some stuff via a local courier (in Cirencester), half the price of DHL. He was more than somewhat surprised when DHL turned up to collect. Full DHL service with online tracking etc etc. They delivered (eventually) to our place in Pathum Thani.

For what it worth - I subsribe to a whole load of UK publications. Instead of paying for each to be posted out to LOS bythe publisher each (because quite often they would simply just not turn up!) I get them sent to the family home in the UK, from where they are bundled up and sent onwards to me as "printed matter".

As a one off using DHL can be pricy, but if the goods are valuable its still worth it as DHL is secure. If its a regular monthly thing then you can get good discounts with DHL - up to around 40% of the usual quoted price.

Tim