Big Bike event in Ranode, Songkhla

phuketsub

There will be a big bike event in Ranode, Songkhla on December 23.

It is called the 'Two Sea Bikers Ranode Night Party 1'.

The organizers asked me to help promote it and would really like to see some big bikers from the region come

to visit Ranode, which has some interesting sights and nice people. They would like some farangs to take part as well.

This might be a good event for big bikers from Nakorn Sri Thamarat to join, as Ranode borders that province.

It starts with all the bikers meeting up in front of the Ranode Municipality office at 1pm-1:30pm.

Then they will ride up to Klong Dan, an old klongside town that was once a major trade center back when the Takria klong connected to the ocean.

It is now a tourist attraction, with lots of shops, food and souvenirs.

After some other stops, probably crossing the bridge over Thale Noi, they will head back to Ranode for the party, which will be held in the vacant lot next to the

Thai Military Bank on Ratbumrung Road (the main drag though the town).

Then there will be a party with food included.

There will be folk singers and a band called Lookaluck (sp?)

Admission is 200 baht for guys, 100 baht for gals.

The money raised will be used to provide sporting equipment and scholarships to local primary students.

For info call Muk (089-4639266), Pi Lek (093-7163938) Naad (089-9783100) or Palm (093-7311923)

For info on accommodation call Joy (086-7492325) or Pong (089-6612113)

map to starting point click here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?hl=en_US&app=mp&mid=zYVg9FctriEg.k-l1SLZh1Ky4

post-40708-0-26385800-1450502429_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to bring 2 bikes into Thailand on one trip, on one passport. Both bikes are registered in my name in Malaysia however my wife is Thai and rides the other bike everyday. My wife has a residents pass in Malaysia and works as a P.A. in a Malaysian company. We have been told that the only way to do it is to get someone with a Malaysian passport to walk the second bike over the border with a letter from me and do the same on return. If my wife rides it she has to pay duty even though the bike is registered in my name and we are only going to be in Thailand for a month before returning to Malaysia with both bikes. Any feed back would be welcome.