Police nab drug user with gun, five bullets and five meth pills, smoking device

rooster59

Police nab drug user with gun, five bullets and five meth pills, smoking device

post-247607-0-46544400-1450593600_thumb.

PHUKET: Police yesterday (December 19) arrested a Phang Nga man at a Kathu condominium in possession of an 11 millimeter firearm, holster, magazine with five live 11mm rounds, meth pills and a smoking device thought to be used with crystal meth.

Under the command of of Pol Maj Littichai Chumchai of Phuket Provincial Police, officers nabbed the suspect, named as Mr Palawat “Gif” Sittisak, 27, of Phang Nga at around 4pm at The Scene condominium in Kathu's Moo 1.

According to the police report filed last night, officers learned of the suspect from another drug suspect, 26-year-old Mr Arunpong “Duke” Kieawman, who'd been arrested on Friday in Wichit and charged with unlawful possession of an undisclosed amount of crystal meth (Ya Ice) and a firearm.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/police-nab-drug-user-with-gun-five-bullets-and-five-meth-pills-smoking-device-55493.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-12-20

Hold on a second. I have been listening to my American gun nut people talking firearms all my life, never heard if an 11 mil. Is that equivalent to a .40cal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take your pick:

11 mm caliber - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Complete list of Handgun Calibers | Ballistics 101

Really hard work typing "11mm pistol" into Google.

No, I don't know what criteria the police/journalist used to identify this particular pistol as 11mm.

Hold on a second. I have been listening to my American gun nut people talking firearms all my life, never heard if an 11 mil. Is that equivalent to a .40cal?

The gun is a Springfield Armory .45 ACP, probably made in Brazil but they also make them in Croatia, I believe. I have no idea why they call it an 11mm although it is, approximately. For more than 100 years it has been the .45, invented by John Browning for Colt. That style of gun was adopted by the US Army in 1911 and it's now commonly called "The 1911" no matter who makes the knock-off. The patent has long expired. They are still great guns, although a bit bulky for my tastes.

Take your pick:

11 mm caliber - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Complete list of Handgun Calibers | Ballistics 101

Really hard work typing "11mm pistol" into Google.

No, I don't know what criteria the police/journalist used to identify this particular pistol as 11mm.

If you look at your second link, the OP gun, a .45 ACP actually converts to 11.5mm. For some reason, many writers and others lump the .44's and .45's into 11mm which they aren't and never were. I have no idea why they didn't just call it a .45 which is what it is.

Cheers.

Correction on my answer from my previous post. .45acp