Does Three Months In The Country Under Tourist Visa Rule Out Three Border Runs?

If I arrived in thailand at the end of september with a tourist visa (2-3 months) when that visa expires at end of december can I then make three border runs?

Since I will have been in the country for three months I wonder how they will interpret that.

Ive read that if one makes three border runs after the october 1st one could probably go out and get a three month visa (if one goes to a nice consulate) but the reverse situation has not been properly addressed is anyone clear on this?

If I arrived in thailand at the end of september with a tourist visa (2-3 months) when that visa expires at end of december can I then make three border runs?

Yes

Since I will have been in the country for three months I wonder how they will interpret that.

Ive read that if one makes three border runs after the october 1st one could probably go out and get a three month visa (if one goes to a nice consulate) but the reverse situation has not been properly addressed is anyone clear on this?

It is allowed as the visa did NOT count towards your quota of 90 days.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Yes

It is allowed as the visa did count towards your quota of 90 days.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Naturally Sunbelt means did NOT count towards your quota of 90 days. Cheers!

Ps. Greg; can I have that job now? :o

YES YOU CAN DO

TR visa and than 3 VOAs,, but if you do this way, after that time be SURE you cannot make TR visa again for at least !!! 90 days at any embassy,and maybe even later not........

no way to stay back on back after

WHO SAYS ?

HE DOES

Geoff Howard, Hon Consul for Thailand

"anyone who has entered the (Kingdom) three times in succession without a valid visa will be automatically barred from entering the Kingdom under any circumstances for 90 days from the date of the last exit."

Edited by PREM-R

No game this weekend -sneeky of you! :D Cheers!

Guess it will have to be the practice match then. :-)

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

What practice match? There are none that I know of. Very sneeky again! :o

Gees...You guys win one game. Now, no need to practice? :D

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

YES YOU CAN DO

TR visa and than 3 VOAs,, but if you do this way, after that time be SURE you cannot make TR visa again for at least !!! 90 days at any embassy,and maybe even later not........

no way to stay back on back after

WHO SAYS ?
HE DOES

Geoff Howard, Hon Consul for Thailand

"anyone who has entered the (Kingdom) three times in succession without a valid visa will be automatically barred from entering the Kingdom under any circumstances for 90 days from the date of the last exit."

So far, he is the only one that's saying this. People have been told repeatedly by immigrations that obtaining a visa and re-entering Thailand after ninety day's worth of non-visa entries is fine.