Police withhold key witness’s statement about Brit's deadly tuk-tuk ride

webfact

Every bit of this entire event is just speculation on the part of TVF Investigators.

The tuk-tuk drivers story means nothing.

Paul's story means nothing.

The only thing that would help determine what happened is evidence at the scene or a witness to come forth.

A few posters have previously informed me that the police do not have great skill in collecting evidence and no witnesses have come forward so the reason behind this woman's death will never be known except to the driver and Paul.

Agree with the first sentence but have to disagree with the next two. Regardless of the association, implied or other wise, of the driver, his wife orthe deceased's partner, they are witnesses to the incident and if the police a compentent, they take statements and look for evidence at the scene, look for other witnesses, there may be, there may not be, given the time, 3.30am, and then correlate all the evidence obtained, hopefully from which they may reach a genuine conclusion. But given past incidents, you last sentence may well ring true.

I think you just said what I said but in a different way ;-)

No quite, you indicated that what the driver and Paul said means nothing, unless I am having a comprehension problem this morning and have misunderstood. What they had to say has relevance to the incident, unless Paul was totally out of it. Other than that, I agree.

Their stories mean nothing without supporting evidence. The Thai Police are not known for thorough investigations to discover that evidence. Therefore the stories of the two men cannot be proved. Ergo they mean nothing.

The police have since determined Paul's statement that she fell out of the vehicle as the final word on her death.

It was also stated at the time the couple was preparing to board the tuk-tuk that they were in an argument.

How do you know that the argument did not continue once in the tuk-tuk and that Paul nudged her out in anger?

Oh...because he said he didn't. If the deceased was your sister would Paul's testimony be sufficient to you?

So actually they have 3 witnesses,the Tuk Tuk driver ,his wife, and Paul,

surely they can come to a conclusion ,I see they have not,included suicide,

one of the main causes of death according to the police,who like to close

cases quickly.

So did she jump,was pushed or fell,we may never know.

regards worgeordie

She was'nt pushed as she was alone in the back. She was probably playing "silly buggers" as she was pissed .

Does ANYONE have proof she was "pissed" or do people on here simply assume the worse. I often stay out late, and I'm a non-drinker, I can imagine what you people would say if I ever have an accident. What a mob of morbid fools.

...sounds like they want to reconstruct the tuk-tuk driver's statement....

...to make sure that he comes out blameless.....

...God knows how they are treating 'Paul' or what they have said or suggested to him...

...he should get some legal representation for his...and the victim's sake....

...or at least involve some impartial...non-Thai party....

he was still drunk 24 hours after the accident

Ah! The TVF script writers field day!

"Paul" is the only witness identified as claiming witnessing the event.

The driver could only provide limited information because he obviously was looking in the opposite direction so as to drive.

If the deceased was below his level of vision behind him what could he be expected say in honesty.

The statement from "Paul" may true and accurate but also not complimentary to the deceased.

If the driver has been shown to not be driving intoxicated as part of causal blame then he is not culpable.

Alternatively there may be some contradiction in statements which needs time to resolve.

It could occur to some that in light of this the Thai police are reluctant to release names and details out of respect to the family.

But as to scripts...countless TVF members will no doubt opt to make Thailand totally to blame.

My understanding is that this was a 4-wheel tuk-tuk (standard type in Patong). The driver and his wife were sitting upfront and the deceased and Paul were in the back, both drunk out of their heads.

I think it unlikely that the driver would be driving recklessly if his wife were sitting next to him in the vehicle.

I find it easily believable that the deceased simply fell out of the tuk-tuk

Accident due to excess alcohol, nothing suspicious about that.