Koh Tao: Suspects found guilty of murdering British backpackers

Jonathan Fairfield

iReason, on 04 Jan 2016 - 15:36, said:

A guy and his babe 3 seconds in front of a primary suspect in a double murder:

And again here. This couple were the only people seen near Running Man on the CCTV footage that has been released to the public. That makes them witnesses in my view.

attachicon.gifRunning man back view.jpg

No doubt this couple were some of the numerous people who left on the first boats out of Koh Tao on the 15th. With CCTV footage not being checked of the first boats leaving we will never know. Another complete balls up in the investigation

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nomsod in the photos that his lawyers claim as proof he was in Bangkok.

With highly dubious time stamps...

What is dubious is that the same point keeps returning even after it has been explained, the camera automatically changes the text color to increase the contrast

As show in the ThaiPBS video that you are all so adamantly ignoring for the past year or so:

https://youtu.be/l4Z1zEjDj7I?t=2m30s

This has been debunked many times, still it is brought up over and over again by the same people; I don't believe it's by mistake, you are deliberately muddling the waters.

As you can see, he's still uncomfortable with his very recent haircut.

You say that because he is touching his hair on the second still frame?

And then Lt Gen Panya promptly got taken off the job……. Hauled in the "wrong" suspects, it seems.

That's the mantra from the Truthers; reality is that he was promoted 7 days after, as scheduled since before the murders; but not before announcing the arrests of the two Burmese the day before it happened.

Must have seen you claim this more than half a dozen times, each time you fail to provide a link to the claim, a link announcing his due promotion before the murders. Instead your normal response to this is deflection, lets see if you do the same again. Why is this so significant? Because if you provide that link rather than deflection your claim will be based with evidence rather than speculation. Please provide the reality you speak of

The press reported the promotion, police promotions and transfers happen on the first of October; you are the ones claiming that the promotion was only an excuse to remove him from the investigation to change its course, it's up to you to support your claim.

When did the press report the promotion?

And then Lt Gen Panya promptly got taken off the job……. Hauled in the "wrong" suspects, it seems.

That's the mantra from the Truthers; reality is that he was promoted 7 days after, as scheduled since before the murders; but not before announcing the arrests of the two Burmese the day before it happened.

Must have seen you claim this more than half a dozen times, each time you fail to provide a link to the claim, a link announcing his due promotion before the murders. Instead your normal response to this is deflection, lets see if you do the same again. Why is this so significant? Because if you provide that link rather than deflection your claim will be based with evidence rather than speculation. Please provide the reality you speak of

The press reported the promotion, police promotions and transfers happen on the first of October; you are the ones claiming that the promotion was only an excuse to remove him from the investigation to change its course, it's up to you to support your claim.

You made the claim not me, I'm waiting for the link that proves your claim which is a specific claim on Panya's promotion. However since you have been asked this numerous times and never provided it then I also know deflection is your only tactic.

What is dubious is that the same point keeps returning even after it has been explained, the camera automatically changes the text color to increase the contrast

As show in the ThaiPBS video that you are all so adamantly ignoring for the past year or so:

This has been debunked many times, still it is brought up over and over again by the same people; I don't believe it's by mistake, you are deliberately muddling the waters.

"you are deliberately muddling the waters"

'Hello kettle, this is the pot calling'

Edited by Khun Han

He was a suspect for the first couple of days and it was all over the news. So nobody saw him at the airport or in that plane? Not even an air hostess? Oh yes I get it: they were all sorted out beforehand...

The air flight happened before he was named as a suspect. A little while later, there were pictures of Nomsod circulated by cops and press corps (he was a prime suspect) - while NS continued to evade capture for about a week.

If the kid took a plane ride on Monday morning, none of the passengers or air staff would know shit from shinola. Why should they? The story didn't even start breaking until hours after the plane landed in Bkk.

If any real investigators were investigating this case, checking flight manifests and airport CCTV would have been on their schedule. Instead, we (those of us seeking justice) have been shown hundreds of indications of complete incompetence by RTP. Incidentally, ONLY RTP ARE ALLOWED TO DO CRIME INVESTIGATIONS. When they're not incompetent, they're purposefully skewing or trashing data which could prove useful. Similar with phone data: RTP did nothing OR if they did, they squashed the data. I could go on and list dozens of basic things RTP detectives didn't do - which any half-assed investigators would have done.

"A little while later, there were pictures of Nomsod circulated by cops and press corps (he was a prime suspect) - while NS continued to evade capture for about a week."

Nomsod named a suspect on the 23rd, cleared on the 25th, as pointed out to Boomerangutang many times before.

Why do you insist on posting false information, Boomerangutang?

According to this report, phone records were checked in the prosecution documents case file, however it certainly makes no mention of Nomsods data being checked. Also how detailed those checks were is also up for speculation.

It chronicles the events leading up to the discovery of the bodies. The Report sets out in detail the steps taken by the RTP in investigating the crime and in pursuing suspects and leads. It provides an account of how evidence was collected such as the performance of mass DNA testing, the identification and retrieval of CCTV footag from across the island, and the retrieval and collation of cell phone data etc. https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/hq_15X0311_final.pdf

At the trial reference to Nomsod was mentioned but nothing about phone records:

The man Ms Witheridge was rumoured to have an altercation with at the bar was seen on CCTV in Bangkok later on the morning of September 15, and has denied having anything to do with the murders.

He gave DNA samples in front of reporters to try to quell rumours that he was involved.

But in court today the senior investigating officer said he had never received the results of those DNA tests, or indeed any documentation from Bangkok regarding any interview with the man. He said he had been promised a report but it never arrived. http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/hannah_witheridge_murder_trial_defence_team_hope_to_re_test_crucial_forensic_evidence_1_4164482

Maybe this will joggle your memory:

"HUH - I respect what you are saying but the fact that it was deemed necessary by the prosecution to state that Nomsod's phone records prove he was not on Koh Tao has resulted in a refueling of speculation."

If I remember correctly that piece of information came from a Tweet from Andy Hall, I'm not going to sift through all 30.000 or so of them for it.

He was a suspect for the first couple of days and it was all over the news. So nobody saw him at the airport or in that plane? Not even an air hostess? Oh yes I get it: they were all sorted out beforehand...

The air flight happened before he was named as a suspect. A little while later, there were pictures of Nomsod circulated by cops and press corps (he was a prime suspect) - while NS continued to evade capture for about a week.

If the kid took a plane ride on Monday morning, none of the passengers or air staff would know shit from shinola. Why should they? The story didn't even start breaking until hours after the plane landed in Bkk.

If any real investigators were investigating this case, checking flight manifests and airport CCTV would have been on their schedule. Instead, we (those of us seeking justice) have been shown hundreds of indications of complete incompetence by RTP. Incidentally, ONLY RTP ARE ALLOWED TO DO CRIME INVESTIGATIONS. When they're not incompetent, they're purposefully skewing or trashing data which could prove useful. Similar with phone data: RTP did nothing OR if they did, they squashed the data. I could go on and list dozens of basic things RTP detectives didn't do - which any half-assed investigators would have done.

"A little while later, there were pictures of Nomsod circulated by cops and press corps (he was a prime suspect) - while NS continued to evade capture for about a week."

Nomsod named a suspect on the 23rd, cleared on the 25th, as pointed out to Boomerangutang many times before.

The murders were committed on the 15th. Nomsod was 'cleared' on the 25th. That's 10 days. 10 days was more than a week the last time I looked at a calendar. Asking why you insist on posting false information got old a long time ago.

According to this report, phone records were checked in the prosecution documents case file, however it certainly makes no mention of Nomsods data being checked. Also how detailed those checks were is also up for speculation.

It chronicles the events leading up to the discovery of the bodies. The Report sets out in detail the steps taken by the RTP in investigating the crime and in pursuing suspects and leads. It provides an account of how evidence was collected such as the performance of mass DNA testing, the identification and retrieval of CCTV footag from across the island, and the retrieval and collation of cell phone data etc. https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/hq_15X0311_final.pdf

The man Ms Witheridge was rumoured to have an altercation with at the bar was seen on CCTV in Bangkok later on the morning of September 15, and has denied having anything to do with the murders.

He gave DNA samples in front of reporters to try to quell rumours that he was involved.

But in court today the senior investigating officer said he had never received the results of those DNA tests, or indeed any documentation from Bangkok regarding any interview with the man. He said he had been promised a report but it never arrived. http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/hannah_witheridge_murder_trial_defence_team_hope_to_re_test_crucial_forensic_evidence_1_4164482

"HUH - I respect what you are saying but the fact that it was deemed necessary by the prosecution to state that Nomsod's phone records prove he was not on Koh Tao has resulted in a refueling of speculation."

If I remember correctly that piece of information came from a Tweet from Andy Hall, I'm not going to sift through all 30.000 or so of them for it.

But were the phone records shown to the defence team?

"you are deliberately muddling the waters"

'Hello kettle, this is the pot calling'

How many days are there between Sept 23rd and Sept25th?

I said months ago these pair were guilty of the murders.

Now they can rot away. Case closed the Thai Police did their job.

The lesson is don't get that pissed that you don't know what your doing.

Guilty of what and based on what ? Please explain

smedly:

you inserted the word injuries which is a deflection, no such word was mentioned, the dna has not been presented only a declaration that it matches B2, the rest of your post is your opinion exactly the same as mine

That one point alone would be enough to have the entire case tossed out of court (a court in a farang country). Even AleG can agree that hearsay is not solid evidence. Yet the entire DNA case put forth by RTP and prosecutors IS HEARSAY. They haven't been able to provide any actual samples. NOT A MODICUM, NOT A SWAB, NOTHING.

​THE ABOVE IS QUOTE TAKEN FRON AN EARLIER POST.... IT HAS BEEN ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO COMPLETE THIS TASK AS IT SEEMS THE TEXT IS BEING BLOCKED IN A WAY TO FORCE ANY HELP TO THE DEFENSE OF THE B2!!!

What it is saying is: " The DNA has not been presented to the Court" The only thing relating to the DNA subject that has been presented was "a Declaration that it matched the DNA of the B2".

On the subject of taking a DNA sample... Anyone can hopefully wear surgical gloves, open a swab test kit and remove sealed swab with carrier to trap DNA on it... take swab and get sample, and return sample bag and seal it. Hopefully writing all reference data on label (so history knows path and date and Tech involved) and stick over sealed end of bag to eliminated any unauthorized opening of sample bag.

But this is not the result for the DNA test as some seem to think it is...

This sample needs to be sent to a lab that has been designated as in charge of doing test. Not lay around in some ones desk waiting for it to be requested, meanwhile being contaminated or altered. If it retained by staff and left in desk, Tech who took sample cannot prove it was DNA sample they sent...!

It takes 24 hours to isolate the DNA stem ladders, why? because 99.9% of all Human DNA is a match, if this is what the police lab got to match... Results are screwed!!! It is that .9% that needs to be Isolated!!! It takes 20-24hrs for this process, to insure no cross contamination of any of the Stems they have isolated, remember we need 16. Even then the results are not allowed to be classified as 100% as a positive match, that is Medically Impossible!!!

If I was a Prof. of Pathology or Doctor teaching at a Major Medical University in U.K. (This is an International Case...) or anywhere else if that mattered! What matters is the Oath I took that enables me to practice. As victims and those on trial, are not Thai Citizens!!! I would file a Law Suit against the RTP for faulty information being released, misdirecting the Courts in the direction of a Murder Trial and slandering the Degrees and Teaching Staff and University, ridiculing the profession of any Graduate who takes the Job as a Pathologist. As we try to teach "How a Pathologist or Doctor needs to be prepared for a case similar to this, what is Legally Required by, not State Law... Not the Law of any Country... But when a Murder is committed in a Foreign Country what is Required by International Law. Thus all these steps have been ridiculed...

Then you need to expand this when taking swab samples from a crime scene...

When it has come to light that there is a presence of more then one DNA in this case 3 plus the Victim! Now everything needs to have a trail (Who, What, When, Where and How... All need to be documented in sequence and by whom and what lab.

As it is required that each DNA sample be sent to a separate Lab!

See how big this has gotten just involving One DNA Sample? and... Not something that could be completed in some Island, Police backdoor lab!!!

Thank you for pointing me to a reply to one of my posts from Catsanddogs. The information she relayed to me could well have come from Andy but seeing as you cant be bothered to look for it we will never know. I also note when someone has referred to previous posts in previous topics you have labeled them as "stalkers"

Pot.........Kettle

"The press reported the promotion, police promotions and transfers happen on the first of October"

Another unsubtantiated assertion.

Another dodge.

Once again.

Link?

It's up to you to support your claim.

Phuket Provincial Police Deputy Commander Peerayuth Karajedee is acting commander until Gen Patchara arrives.

Meanwhile, Maj Gen Paween Pongsirin, who has led the historical crackdown on Phuket’s taxi mafia, has been promoted from commander of the Region 8 Police General Staff Division to join Gen Krajang as a deputy commander of the Region 8 Police.

The Region 8 Police will also receive a new chief as their former commander, Lt Gen Panya Mamen, has been promoted to Assistant Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police in Bangkok.

Gen Panya will be replaced by Maj Gen Decha Budnampeth, who previously served as deputy commander of the Royal Thai Police Central Investigation Bureau.

While serving in his new post as regional police chief, Gen Decha’s long affiliation with Phuket is likely to serve him well.

Now show your evidence that all that shuffling of people was done to remove him of the case and change the course of the investigation.

The murders were committed on the 15th. Nomsod was 'cleared' on the 25th. That's 10 days. 10 days was more than a week the last time I looked at a calendar. Asking why you insist on posting false information got old a long time ago.

What part of this is not clear to you? "A little while later, there were pictures of Nomsod circulated by cops and press corps (he was a prime suspect) - while NS continued to evade capture for about a week."

He is clearly saying that he evaded the police for about a week after he was named a suspect.

Once again Boomerangutang is falsely claiming that he evaded the police for a week, which was false the first half dozen or so times he said it (and was corrected) and continues to be false today.

The police named him a suspect on the 23rd ("pictures of Nomsod circulated by cops and press corps") and he was cleared on the 25th, that's not a week, that's two days and it shows absolute desperation to try to spin things like you are doing.

Evidently framing Nomsod is of foremost importance to maintain the narrative of a grand conspiracy to pin the murder on two innocent men, that why you all keep at it, no matter how dishonest the methods may be.

"The press reported the promotion, police promotions and transfers happen on the first of October"

Another dodge.

Once again.

Link?

Phuket Provincial Police Deputy Commander Peerayuth Karajedee is acting commander until Gen Patchara arrives.

Meanwhile, Maj Gen Paween Pongsirin, who has led the historical crackdown on Phukets taxi mafia, has been promoted from commander of the Region 8 Police General Staff Division to join Gen Krajang as a deputy commander of the Region 8 Police.

The Region 8 Police will also receive a new chief as their former commander, Lt Gen Panya Mamen, has been promoted to Assistant Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police in Bangkok.

Gen Panya will be replaced by Maj Gen Decha Budnampeth, who previously served as deputy commander of the Royal Thai Police Central Investigation Bureau.

While serving in his new post as regional police chief, Gen Dechas long affiliation with Phuket is likely to serve him well.

Now show your evidence that all that shuffling of people was done to remove him of the case and change the course of the investigation.

Dated Sept. 30 2014.... So after the murders.... I thought this was well known BEFORE the crime.

Thank you for pointing me to a reply to one of my posts from Catsanddogs. The information she relayed to me could well have come from Andy but seeing as you cant be bothered to look for it we will never know. I also note when someone has referred to previous posts in previous topics you have labeled them as "stalkers"

Pot.........Kettle

Making a Google search for nomsod phone records site:thaivisa.com is not stalking, that your username comes up associated with it as the first hit is just deliciously ironic, seeing how you tried to pretend that I was making stuff up.

Perhaps even more ironic is that you've highlighted again you hypocritical logic, you constantly insinuate that AH's tweets or reporting should be taken with a pinch of salt to put it mildly then you also constantly use them to attempt to prove a point when it suits, even when you don't know that it came from Andy but assume it did!

As for you making stuff up, I'm still waiting for the link to Panya's promotion announcement before the murders................your link in the Phuket News was after the fact.

Edited by HUH

What part of this is not clear to you? "A little while later, there were pictures of Nomsod circulated by cops and press corps (he was a prime suspect) - while NS continued to evade capture for about a week."

He is clearly saying that he evaded the police for about a week after he was named a suspect.

Once again Boomerangutang is falsely claiming that he evaded the police for a week, which was false the first half dozen or so times he said it (and was corrected) and continues to be false today.

The police named him a suspect on the 23rd ("pictures of Nomsod circulated by cops and press corps") and he was cleared on the 25th, that's not a week, that's two days and it shows absolute desperation to try to spin things like you are doing.

Evidently framing Nomsod is of foremost importance to maintain the narrative of a grand conspiracy to pin the murder on two innocent men, that why you all keep at it, no matter how dishonest the methods may be.

Why on earth would anyone want to frame Nomsod for no reason? None of us knew of him or his family until this case. None of us know the B2 either so what difference does it make whether B2 or Nomsod is found guilty of these crimes to us?

The only people who want to incriminate specific people (or rather divert attention away from other specific people) are members who know or have vested interests in the island and the family.

That's why none of your offensive makes any sense and that's why you have no credibility on this case because you are not here to discuss the truth but rather protect certain people.

The reason Nomsod is a focus point is because everything points to him and his family and the more they tried to proved their innocence along the way the more guilty it made them look. An "alibi" of sketchy CCTV footage apparently taken many hours after the crime is not an alibi even if the footage was real. The pathetic fake DNA test his family put on as a show for the media also made him look even more suspicious. The fact that Lt Gen Panya said "another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok. He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders." shows that Nomsod was on the island, he was captured on CCTV and the police knew that he had fled to Bangkok.

This is not speculation but based on the local police's statement, and being the local police force on a small island of course they knew the movements of locals on the island just like every local knows the movements of everyone in a small village.

But of course it is in your best interest to protect him with lies like you always do and you have done even way before the trial.

Edited by KunMatt

If (as most people interested in this case believe) Nomsod was involved in the murders, he was evading justice for 10 days until he was 'cleared'. If he was not involved, he was not evading justice at all. The amount of time he spent as an official suspect is irrelevent. A criminal evades justice from the moment they commit their crime, not from the moment they are identified. I'm (and Boomerangutang, and others) right and you're wrong. Nothing new there.

Another dodge.

Once again.

Link?

Meanwhile, Maj Gen Paween Pongsirin, who has led the historical crackdown on Phuket’s taxi mafia, has been promoted from commander of the Region 8 Police General Staff Division to join Gen Krajang as a deputy commander of the Region 8 Police.

While serving in his new post as regional police chief, Gen Decha’s long affiliation with Phuket is likely to serve him well.

So Panya's promotion was announced after his naming of Tuvichiens as suspects. Not before. Oh well, that's another big fail AleG.

I know, I know, his promotion was always going to be announced when it was (even though you can't provide any evidence that his promotion had been planned in advance). I mean, every police officer in Thailand gets promoted on that date, don't they?

Why on earth would anyone want to frame Nomsod for no reason? None of us knew of him or his family until this case. None of us know the B2 either so what difference does it make whether B2 or Nomsod is found guilty of these crimes to us?

The only people who want to incriminate specific people (or rather divert attention away from other specific people) are members who know or have vested interests in the island and the family.

That's why none of your offensive makes any sense and that's why you have no credibility on this case because you are not here to discuss the truth but rather protect certain people.

The reason Nomsod is a focus point is because everything points to him and his family and the more they tried to proved their innocence along the way the more guilty it made them look. An "alibi" of sketchy CCTV footage apparently taken many hours after the crime is not an alibi even if the footage was real. The pathetic fake DNA test his family put on as a show for the media also made him look even more suspicious. The fact that Lt Gen Panya said "another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok. He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders." shows that Nomsod was on the island, he was captured on CCTV and the police knew that he had fled to Bangkok.

This is not speculation but based on the local police's statement, and being the local police force on a small island of course they knew the movements of locals on the island just like every local knows the movements of everyone in a small village.

But of course it is in your best interest to protect him with lies like you always do and you have done even way before the trial.

The reason for trying to frame Nomsod is because the narrative of the son of a rich man getting away with murder is a very juicy one, all sort of prejudices can be attached to it; that's why online "detectives" (almost by definition drawn to sordid dramas) bought it hook line and sinker.

Just as you are doing now, the idea that I'm only defending him because I have "vested interests" is too self righteous not to use, never mind that it's false, it feels good to you so that's what you indulge in.

Edited by AleG

The reason for trying to frame Nomsod is because the narrative of the son of a rich man getting away with murder is a very juicy one, all sort of prejudices can be attached to it; that's why online "detectives" (almost by definition drawn to sordid dramas) bought it hook line and sinker.

Just as you are doing now, the idea that I'm only defending him because I have "vested interests" is too self righteous not to use, never mind that it's false, it feels good to you so that's what you indulge in.

That's just a fantasy that you'd like people to believe coffee1.gif .

Another dodge.

Once again.

Link?

So Panya's promotion was announced after his naming of Tuvichiens as suspects. Not before. Oh well, that's another big fail AleG.

I know, I know, his promotion was always going to be announced when it was (even though you can't provide any evidence that his promotion had been planned in advance). I mean, every police officer in Thailand gets promoted on that date, don't they?

You don't (want) to get it, it's you who claim his promotion was a sham, it's up to you to prove your claim.

I don't care about Nomsod's family nor do I really care about the B2 tbh as I have no personal attachment to either of them, I just want the right people to serve justice for savagely killing 2 young tourists, moreso I don't want the real guilty parties to lie and cheat their way out of justice and to have 2 other people sentenced to death for their crimes.

I am pretty sure that everyone else is exactly the same. You should also be the same, but you are clearly not based on your biased position and defence of the original suspects who were caught on CCTV and were "definitely implicated in the crime".