Don Muang- domestic flight to international-help please.

Scouse123

Hi,

I am flying into terminal two (I think), on a domestic flight with Nok air as they have now moved I believe.

I am fairly pushed on time but need to transfer to international flight with Air Asia. I have no checked luggage and will check in online.

Is it a straightforward process and would I just look for transfer signs after de-planing??

I have one hour between flights.

Is it a different terminal?

You will arrive at the newly renovated/reopened terminal 2.

International flights from terminal 1.

Its a short walk from T2 to T1 (maybe 200 m to 300 m point to point).

At T1, level 3 you will have to pass security and immigration.

Can hardly be missed.

If the arriving flight is in time an hour should be easy.

On what day are you traveling?

Edited by KhunBENQ

Perhaps because many people will have gone home, for the long New-year week-end, and are now returning back again ?

Given the OP's short connection time, and lack of any hold-luggage, it is wise to check-in online for the onward-flight with Air Asia, and print out the boarding-card before traveling, so that he can proceed straight through security to the departure-gate as-planned.

Have a good trip, and hope that your inbound domestic-flight doesn't run late !

Edited by Ricardo

Why please????

Last day of the four day long New Year holiday.

About the second busiest day of the year after the Songkran madness in April.

Example to give an idea:

SmileAir

Khon Kaen - Suvarnabhumi

Off season (Sep), three flights daily, easy available seats for around 1000 to 1400 Baht.

3rd January: of five flights a remaining 9 seats on two flights for 3000+ available.

AirAsia

last seen 3000+ Baht (off season below 1000).

Edited by KhunBENQ

Yeah, I thought you might think I was travelling straight after New Year. Thanks for all your help but I do not need to worry as my dates are further into the New Year although flight delay is always a concern.

I may fly down the night before as I worry if I miss the connecting flight with Air Asia from Nok air, they may make me buy new tickets!

I may fly down the night before as I worry if I miss the connecting flight with Air Asia from Nok air, they may make me buy new tickets!

Refund/reebooking for cheap tickets is often not worth the hassle.

Sounds like you have an early flight from DMK?

Where you start?

Edited by KhunBENQ

Hi,

Thanks for your research and help. Yes, right at the beginning of April but it gives me ( without delays ) just one hour to get off the plane , on the bus, arrive at domestic and then clear immigration and security, so it is pushing it a bit even though it's a Sunday.

I may just change the flight as I have paid but I think with so much time they will allow me to change and fly the day before in the evening as on the day, Air Asia says I will have to buy a new portion ( one way to destination ) of the return ticket if I miss the connection.

Broad as long really, hotel+ taxi night before or take the risk and pay a one way on the day if I miss it.

Edited by Scouse123

T2 was very crowded yesterday (Monday). Queue for Thai Lion flights were just under 2 hours. It would have been better to arrive late and wait for the staff to hold up the flight destination that was next to depart, which allowed special queue jumping check-in. After 1 1/2 hours, I was still about 15 minutes from the front when they called my flight and I quickly scooted over to the special lanes.

Thai Lion are a bit of a joke as well. Besides being able to reserve a seat, on line check-in is useless. On every other airline that I have used, you check in on line, go to the airport and find the special queue, give them your bag, and you are off. No can do at Thai Lion. Still need to wait in the line with the other thousand people.

T2 Thai Lion has about 12 check -in desks. They had more over at T1. Maybe still getting things sorted at the new terminal.

Check in baggage procedure was strange. After check-in, you go to another area and watch a video monitor of your bag going down the belt. If they didn't like something, it was pushed to the side and they called out to the owner of the bag. If your bag went through without being flagged, you were OK and went to security. Not clear, so I am sure some passengers go straight from check-in to security without checking the monitor. Surprise when you get to your destination and your bag doesn't come out.