School bag

bermannor

I hope I'm right here.

A good friend of mine will send her nephew this year to school (public).

I would like to send a school bag from Germany to him, one with all the whistles and bells (reflection strips etc.).

Anybody knows if a school kid can carry his own school bag or must it be a bag, bought from school?

Thank you.

I suspect a lot of schools must make a commission on what they make the kids use or buy - uniforms, bags etc . All our kids went to local private schools but the lower end of the spectrum and a lot of pressure was put on them from the school to conform and to buy the right school bag , and to update their uniforms all the time.

Dear Gerry, that is fully understandable when you consider the buying power of Thais. A school bag in Germany, e.g. a Scout, for school beginners is at least 6000 Baht, if you don't get a heavy discounted last year model. But even that sets you back 3000 Baht.

Dear Xen, I hope they don't want to argue with me on a German ergonomic and DIN standard approved school bag sad.png.

I have no doubt at all the German bag will be of superior quality - the ones we were sold with the school emblem on them were plastic and the zip on the bags would not last the year . Perhaps you could talk to the school and see if you can get the school emblem attached on your bag - a lot of clothing alteration shops in the vicinity of the school may be able to help,( the ones that sew emblems on sports clothes).

It all to do with conformity and kickbacks rather than ergonomics and safety with Thai schools .

As far as I know it's only the private schools that made my kids buy the bags from the school.

Hum, I beg to differ. Where I used to live, the local Matayom Public School has this requirement that all students use the school's official bag.

It's of poor quality and ridiculously expensive.

Of course, all students extensively customise it to make it recognisable. White correction fluid markings, all kinds of keyring puppets etc.

Edited by Lannig

As far as I know it's only the private schools that made my kids buy the bags from the school.

Hum, I beg to differ. Where I used to live, the local Matayom Public School has this requirement that all students use the school's official bag.

It's of poor quality and ridiculously expensive.

Of course, all students extensively customise it to make it recognisable. White correction fluid markings, all kinds of keyring puppets etc.

My son also goes to a private school and the kids there have their own bags bought outside of school.

Edited by Chuckles78