Midnight Alcohol law getting inforced by 7/11 and Family

BrainLife

Yesterday I was just over midnight doing my shopping in my local Family Mart and surprise, first time ever no alcohol sale after midnight.

This Family has always ignored the time sales regulation, even the 2-5pm one.

After that I went to my local 7/11 and the same, no beer after midnight (but the "boss" lady said it was OK, for me/this time).

This 7/11 has followed the 2-5pm regulation, but never the midnight one.

Maybe they have been checked or the general has put more pressure on them to follow the alcohol regulations.

Guess from now on I will have to keep an eye on the time, but then never know when I fancy a beer or visitors (Thai or Farang) come by, of whom most like a few drinks while we sit outside my place.

post-247912-0-99953400-1451381128_thumb.

It has always been enforced at most, if not all, 7-11 / Family Marts I've been to in Bangkok.....Pattaya, not so much.

Mom and Pop shops around my area typically close before midnight, but they do still sell between 2-5pm. My heroes.

Where in Thailand are you?

Should have mentioned Pattaya

when I fancy a beer or visitors (Thai or Farang) come by, of whom most like a few drinks while we sit outside my place. ??an extreme example but however, hardly enough to make any difference to the existing alcohol laws however they are enforced (not)

Macro, Big C, Lotus,7-11, Minimart's and the likes have online registers which record the sales and keeps a permanent record of the item sold and the time, date, store, clerk logged into the register.

Shooting them selves in the foot to sell prohibited items out of specified sale times, there is a record!

Selling the item and entering the sales during legal hours is one way to get around this.

Easily solved just remove these stupid and effective rules.

Or just go to your local shop for fast, friendly service!