Major real estate slump or just slack brokers

asiamint

My prediction is that due to the low interest rate there has been a peak of property market.

Add this to the current depression in all major economic countries and that interest rate has now just one way - up.

Know this is also happening in Chiang Mai, I prefare to rent not buy. Just a way better deal, until prices drop farthere.

Getting so tired of the "better to rent" mantra..............

No it is not !!

Bought 3 houses here (2 rentals), paid 5.3 M, 3.9 M and 2.5 M respectively, 11, 9 and 1 year ago

If I priced those units to sell quick (6 months) I would get 10 M, 12 M (on the beach) and 3 M respectively.

Not to mention the 7 rai I bought overlooking Black Mountain Golf Course, paid 120.000 a rai (bought before the golf course became a reality), will probably be an easy sell at 2,5 M/rai.

No it is not better to rent !!

great to see such a positive post on buying land.

2 really positive things strike me in your post:

• the fact that foreigners can now buy land in Thailand - who after all would want to buy in a land where you are not welcome
  • you sold your real estate without any problems - most people seem to spend months and even years trying to sell land.

Good news

My prediction is that due to the low interest rate there has been a peak of property market.

Add this to the current depression in all major economic countries and that interest rate has now just one way - up.

Know this is also happening in Chiang Mai, I prefare to rent not buy. Just a way better deal, until prices drop farthere.

No it is not !!

Bought 3 houses here (2 rentals), paid 5.3 M, 3.9 M and 2.5 M respectively, 11, 9 and 1 year ago

If I priced those units to sell quick (6 months) I would get 10 M, 12 M (on the beach) and 3 M respectively.

Not to mention the 7 rai I bought overlooking Black Mountain Golf Course, paid 120.000 a rai (bought before the golf course became a reality), will probably be an easy sell at 2,5 M/rai.

• the fact that foreigners can now buy land in Thailand - who after all would want to buy in a land where you are not welcome
  • you sold your real estate without any problems - most people seem to spend months and even years trying to sell land.

Good news

You may have missed it, but our Dear Joc didn't sell anything. he just dreams assumes that if he priced those properties at 2 and 3 times the price he paid they would sell in no time.

I think it's the brokers that are slack. I'm looking to buy a property. In the last month I've contacted 3 brokers and only 1 bothered to reply. Even that reply was a form letter for my info then a follow up email saying he'd get back to me....... So I'm waiting and waiting...

Alternatively property could be booming and they are all so busy with property flying off the shelves that the only way to get an agent to squeeze a little time for you is to turn up at their office with a suitcase full of money and a pen to sign the contact of the first available house he has.

No it is not !!

Good news

You may have missed it, but our Dear Joc didn't sell anything. he just dreams assumes that if he priced those properties at 2 and 3 times the price he paid they would sell in no time.

I don't think I missed a thing....