More cameras to be installed at Thailand borders

webfact

More cameras to be installed at Thailand borders

cam.jpg

BANGKOK, 5 January 2016 (NNT) – Thailand’s border crossing facilities will be equipping more CCTV cameras to enhance the immigration process, as approved from the government.

The Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defence Gen Prawit Wongsuwan has chaired a meeting with the Deputy Minister of Finance Wisudhi Srisuphan and heads of the related agencies regarding the installation of 500 additional CCTV cameras at border posts nationwide.

The new cameras will be used to facilitate the identification verification process for persons crossing the border. The cameras will be operable for no less than 10 years, and will take 3-4 months to install, which will be overseen by the Customs Department in cooperation with the Royal Thai Police and the Revenue Department.

The government will also proceed with the Civil-State Housing campaign under a 1.4 billion baht budget run by the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security.

Authorities in charge of the housing campaign is now surveying the priorities in each areas, with concrete process expected by April 2016.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-01-05 footer_n.gif

Wont be long and they will be used to monitor people trying to escape Thai borders. Deja Vu Nth Korea.

Why do you always to be negative in your posting? If you hate everything about Thailand what are you doing here?

So posters critical to the current political climate, should, according to you, just leave??

Staying and criticizing the wrongs, and hopefully make a difference, is not an option??

Wont be long and they will be used to monitor people trying to escape Thai borders. Deja Vu Nth Korea.

Why do you always to be negative in your posting? If you hate everything about Thailand what are you doing here?
How can anyone not be negative. The country is ran by imbaciles, the people allow this to happen, the same thing happens every 4-5 years and still there are those who believe this time it will be different.

The country is an absolute joke, those in chqrge are hyprocrits and full of self promoting crap.

Please name something positive that has occurred during the last 50 years. I dont mean the discovery of the "blowjob bargirl".

Edited by Reigntax

And I'll add, 15 years ago I stated to my Thai colleges that the only way Thailand will achieve harmony, due the divide among 2 groups, is for a civil war to make people realise the hardship of losses and then finally realise there are better ways for the country to move forward.

On a few occassions since, the foundations were laid but you know what, even civil war will never happen because they could not even get it right. It's all talk, false actions, false bravado, we will stand up for what we believe, and then when it all gets too hard, everyone backs down, retreats to the villages and bows to the Baht.

What a sad place Thailand has become that it has lost the potential to be Asias leader and will always remain Asias poor cousin as other countries take advantage of what Thailand has failed to do.

Edited by Reigntax

Cameras, eh? Well I hope they don't install them on the border-crossing I use for my 90 day visa run (which will remain unnamed because I don't want to encourage a horde of visa-runners spoiling my freedom).

On my first visa run, I went out, through the other country's border, turned around, stopped at duty-free shop, and walked back in. Being unfamiliar with the layout, I just walked where my nose took me. Finding myself on the main street in Thailand, I realised I had bypassed immigration! I walked back into no-man's land, (again not being stopped from what was technically leaving),skirted a building, avoided ANOTHER route (the carpark) to walk unhindered into Thailand, and went through Thai Immigration as per normal.

Things have not changed. I am 99% confident I could not only walk out, but also walk in, with nobody stopping me.

Edited by Seastallion

Cameras, eh? Well I hope they don't install them on the border-crossing I use for my 90 day visa run (which will remain unnamed because I don't want to encourage a horde of visa-runners spoiling my freedom).

On my first visa run, I went out, through the other country's border, turned around, stopped at duty-free shop, and walked back in. Being unfamiliar with the layout, I just walked where my nose took me. Finding myself on the main street in Thailand, I realised I had bypassed immigration! I walked back into no-man's land, (again not being stopped from what was technically leaving),skirted a building, avoided ANOTHER route (the carpark) to walk unhindered into Thailand, and went through Thai Immigration as per normal.

Things have not changed. I am 99% confident I could not only walk out, but also walk in, with nobody stopping me.

I believe you

As the two different crossings I have done recently are very lax

How can anyone not be negative. The country is ran by imbaciles, the people allow this to happen, the same thing happens every 4-5 years and still there are those who believe this time it will be different.

The country is an absolute joke, those in chqrge are hyprocrits and full of self promoting crap.

Please name something positive that has occurred during the last 50 years. I dont mean the discovery of the "blowjob bargirl".

Man, you need some professional help!

I had a look at your posting, and everything is negative! So answer the question I asked you, why are you in Thailand and posting on a Thai form?

And if your only knowledge of Thailand is about a bargirl that gave you blowjob, ...... Man get a life and enjoy it.

Ofcourse nothing is perfect here, or anywhere else.

Edited by dutchisaan

And I'll add, 15 years ago I stated to my Thai colleges that the only way Thailand will achieve harmony, due the divide among 2 groups, is for a civil war to make people realise the hardship of losses and then finally realise there are better ways for the country to move forward.

On a few occassions since, the foundations were laid but you know what, even civil war will never happen because they could not even get it right. It's all talk, false actions, false bravado, we will stand up for what we believe, and then when it all gets too hard, everyone backs down, retreats to the villages and bows to the Baht.

Agree to this, but disagree on the reason why it hasn't happened yet.

As my old Thai teacher was telling me almost 20 years ago, when an event we're not allowed to discuss will eventually take place, all bets are off. He added "if you get to live in Thailand by this time, pack and get ready to leave. Anything, including the worst, can happen"

I had a look at your posting, and everything is negative! So answer the question I asked you, why are you in Thailand and posting on a Thai form?

And if your only knowledge of Thailand is about a bargirl that gave you blowjob, ...... Man get a life and enjoy it.

I went back to the US four years ago for two weeks and it made me realize (again) how wonderful it is to live in Thailand even with its few faults.

What a sad place Thailand has become that it has lost the potential to be Asias leader and will always remain Asias poor cousin as other countries take advantage of what Thailand has failed to do.

Would be nice if you answer the question. If you hate everything about Thailand what are you doing here?

Edited by SoFarAndNear

Would be nice if you answer the question. If you hate everything about Thailand what are you doing here?

Completely off-topic IMO.

One may still love the country, its people as the ones around you, the ones you interact with on a daily basis, girlfriend/boyfriend, family, friends and neighbours and till become upset and despaired at the political mess Thailand is held into and the even more grim future this country is looking to.

Granted, I don't live in the LOS anymore, so in some ways I've followed my reasoning up to this decision. But they were other more important job-related reasons.

Completely off-topic IMO.

One may still love the country, its people as the ones around you, the ones you interact with on a daily basis, girlfriend/boyfriend, family, friends and neighbours and till become upset and despaired at the political mess Thailand is held into and the even more grim future this country is looking to.

Granted, I don't live in the LOS anymore, so in some ways I've followed my reasoning up to this decision. But they were other more important job-related reasons.

I can agree with your post. But if you live in a country, whatever that country is, there is always something wrong.

I, for myself, don't agree with everything that is happening in Thailand. And yes, also in my surroundings I will have to deal with some stuff I hate.

But you know what? That is life.

I enjoy my living in Thailand, almost 10 years now. And I have to deal with the ups and downs of living here, like eveybody else.

But that doesn't mean that eveything is negative, enjoy your stay and take the good with the bad.

Happy new year everybody.

Boring...zzzz

First thing that comes to my mind is the Bangkok camera system fiasco which was hugely over-priced and now a significant percentage of them do not work. And we all know where the extra money goes when purchases are inflated.

No worries. They won't work after a couple weeks, that is IF they aren't just empty shells, in which case they will never work.

We don't have to be negative. It's not like we make this stuff up.

Bangkok Fake CCTV Cameras

85% of Pattaya's CCTV Cameras Not Working

Also, this is a Thai forum, so usually Thai government policies are routinely lambasted.

I'm quite sure my gripes about my (USA) government aren't welcomed here. It does not mean that my government is not EVERY BIT as idiotic, Orwellian and downright stupid as Thailand.

Case in point - My 83 year old Aunt (who I am closer to than my mother), just got 4 letters from Medicare, all at once, yesterday, January 4th, 2016, telling her they needed to conduct a telephone interview with her at 10:00 AM on Dec. 23, 2015.

Downright stupid happens everywhere, this just happens to be a Thai forum though.