Hong Kong bookseller missing report withdrawn as letter appears

webfact

Hong Kong bookseller missing report withdrawn as letter appears

HONG KONG: -- The wife of a Hong Kong bookseller who reported him missing to police has withdrawn her request for help.

It comes as a letter - said to be handwritten by Lee Bo - was published by Taiwan's Central News Agency.

It says he is "working with the concerned parties in an investigation which may take a while". Mr Lee is the fifth man linked to a shop selling works critical of China's government to be reported missing since October.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-35230114

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2016-01-05

Could this happen in Thailand... those that criticise the incumbent government just vanish...

Really? Do you have some examples of this?

Most of the disappeared people I have heard of in the 13 years that I have lived here have gone missing while previous administrations were in power. Any comment on that or are you just anti-incumbent?

I can't think of any people that have gone missing in Thailand recently because of their anti-government views.

The only missing people i Know of have fled the country to avoid criminal prosecution for corruption.

I did not say it was happening, but could it happen in the near future?

And I am not just referring to the Chinese influence on Thailand and how they would deal with such people but also how the Junta of Argentina dealt with it as well... if you do not know what I mean the just google Argentina & desaparecidos

Edited by Basil B