ISIL continues assault on Libyan oil ports

webfact

ISIL continues assault on Libyan oil ports
By Robert Hackwill

606x341_320427.jpg

TRIPOLI: -- There has been a second day of fighting at Libya’s two main oil storage ports, with ISIL fighters from Sirte claiming they have entered El Sider and taken control.

A storage tank was set on fire with a long-range rocket, and at least two guards were killed. The tank was hit just as firefighters had brought another tank fire in nearby Ras Lanuf under control.

On Monday attacks on the sister port of Ras Lanuf left seven guards dead, and totally destroyed one storage tank containing 420,000 barrels’ worth
of oil. Fires are still burning at both ports, but firefighters have been unable to access El Sider.

ISIL has been growing in strength in Libya, alarming the international community, and this summer took the major city of Sirte, allowing them to extend operations.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-01-06

When is Islam going to wake up and realise that ISIL is not their friend.

Look what the position will be if these NON HUMANS gain a proper foothold in Libya. Egypt, Tunisia and Morocco rely on Tourism for a large part of their economy.

Where does it say in the Qur-an that you should act as a lamb, waiting to be slaughtered by terrorists who pretend to act in the name of Allah.

I worked in Libya for awhile and I got to know plenty of Libyans. I am sure they were glad to get rid of Muammar Gaddafi, but I never knew any of them to be extremists. Mostly very normal and friendly guys. In fact most of the ones I knew, if not all, didn't even do the 5 times a day prayer call.

So I find it odd now that the ISIL has such a strong present there. I can only guess that the majority are the uneducated and poor, and tribe people as I can't see the guys I knew belonging to this. But........?