Tank bags in Chiang Mai

Genericnic

I don't know about Chiang Mai, but I suggest you get a good one if you care about your tank. The cheap copies you find here in Thailand that work with magnets are for one not very sturdy and second tend to scratch the tank with time. Plus the zips are made of butter.

I have a 'Bags Connection' tank bag (Austrian brand I think), bought at Panda Rider in Bangkok. It attaches to the tank with a handy ring on the fuel cap and never even comes in contact with the tank itself. Comes off super easy and doesn't cost much.

I don't know about Chiang Mai, but I suggest you get a good one if you care about your tank. The cheap copies you find here in Thailand that work with magnets are for one not very sturdy and second tend to scratch the tank with time. Plus the zips are made of butter.

I have a 'Bags Connection' tank bag (Austrian brand I think), bought at Panda Rider in Bangkok. It attaches to the tank with a handy ring on the fuel cap and never even comes in contact with the tank itself. Comes off super easy and doesn't cost much.

Agreed a good one is best. I am hoping to find one here in Chiang Mai.

David

Have you tried the helmet shop on Sri Dornchai Road? They have many bags of various sizes and qualities. It's on the opposite side from Suriwong Book Centre, about 100 meters further west.

I checked there this afternoon. They had a few but most were larger than I wanted and didn't fit well on the CB300 tank.

David

In case you can't find a good one there, the guy at Panda speaks good English and can send it to you. thumbsup.gif

If I don't find them before, I am thinking of riding down to BKK at the end of the month for the bike show. Might be able to get a good deal there.

David

I had quite some issues of finding a decent tank bag - although I am sure for a CB300F there should be many choices out there.

Maybe a bit Youtube impressions research can help you there.

Personally I settled for a Kriega solution, which is available in BKK but also to order (http://www.pandarider.com/Panda/Product_Kriega.htm), which I find very practically due to it's versatile mounting/strapping system.

I use the universal tank mounting:

K_Tank.jpg

And on top a US10 (looks a bit fat and big in that picture)

K_US10.jpg

I had it much slimer looking... also the US5 (=5L) might be a smaller alternative. I am very happy with the quality and the result.

Let me find a picture of my last trip with that mounted...post-81192-0-10019900-1452207709_thumb.j

post-200630-0-86330100-1452188721_thumb.

post-200630-0-63565400-1452188926_thumb.

Edited by seedy
foto flip

Thanks for all the replies. I managed to find a used one at a great price that fits the bike well.

Sounds good. Where did you find it? Got a pic?

Found it at T@31 coffee shop. Was just a lucky find. No pictures yet but I'm sure I'll have plenty starting Monday when I head out for a little circuit of N. Thailand.

David