Finance On Ford Everest

Morning All,

I'm just wondering what is required for finance on a Ford Everest?

I am able to put down a million baht deposit. I have a good income, my own business, work permit and I'm married to a Thai (who is also director in my company)

What exactly would they want to see? (pay slips, bank statements?)

Would I also need a Thai guarantor?

Thanks,

Big J.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> 50% deposit should be enough that you won't need a guarantor, even for 1st finance.

You are going to need to show them 3-6 months (as demanded) of bank statements to validate your income claims.

It should be pretty easy.

Wow, 1.75, and here I was thinking the top of the line was close to 1.6

It was until 1/1/2016

Yep.. I'd still buy one at 1.75M, but I sure am happy I got it for under 1.6M wink.png

Edited by IMHO

I'm still debating what to buy. I've had a pickup truck for the past 7 years and now it's time to change.

Not sure if I actually need another big truck to transport the family around. (There's four of us)

I've been looking at different SUV's, i.e. the x-trail, subaru xv, etc. Even the Mercedes or BMW. There's too much choice!...

I'm still debating what to buy. I've had a pickup truck for the past 7 years and now it's time to change.

Not sure if I actually need another big truck to transport the family around. (There's four of us)

I've been looking at different SUV's, i.e. the x-trail, subaru xv, etc. Even the Mercedes or BMW. There's too much choice!...

I bought the top model mazda cx5 which is nearly 2 yrs old now for 1.6 million couldnt be happier it is just fantastic , drives very well for an suv & has plenty power with the 2.2 diesel , plenty of toys inside cruise control etc

Very happy with it

Get the Wildtrak and save a chunk of change over an SUV.

Morning All,

I bought a Ford Everest in December the 2.2 Turbo. I put 30% down and paying for it over 4 years.

I used my girlfriends Sister to do the finance because neither of us live in Thailand. And the finance wanted payslips from working in Thailand.

The car is bigger than I thought and I paid 1.3 MB for the car, has voice control and WIFI connection. You get 850 km per tank and it has very good power.

And yes it plays CD.

I'm really asking myself if I need a big truck any more. I used my current one for carrying all my tools/work equipment but have stopped doing this work now so just looking for something to carry the wife and kids around.

I was always under the impression that a large truck is more safer than a smaller car, but reading on-line this doesn't seem to be the case.

I quite like the Subaru XV, Nissan X-Trail or Mazda CX3/5. Decisions, Decisions...

I was always under the impression that a large truck is more safer than a smaller car, but reading on-line this doesn't seem to be the case.

It's just physics that a 5-star 2.5 ton car comes off better than a 5-star 1.5 ton car when the two meet at speed.

It's just geometry that a high riding SUV comes off better than a low riding car in a side impact.

Usually, the only argument made against large SUV's is their (in)ability to avoid an accident in the first place. The Everest has that very well covered.

I know it sounds selfish, but I will always buy the safest, biggest, heaviest car I can, in order to stack the odds in my family's favor. I know the "incompatibility issue" of my big SUV hitting a small car means that the other party has much lower chance of survival, but you know, I can only look after those close to me - not everyone - and I also need to consider what's on the road that can hit me (e.g. trucks, vans, pickups, other SUV's etc).

Edited by IMHO

Get the Wildtrak and save a chunk of change over an SUV.

Yes and no...

If someone was considering the 3.2L Wildtrak 4x4 6AT, I's probably steer them towards the 2.2L Everest Titanium 6AT as an alternative - no-one buys a Wildtrak to actually haul stuff right? ;)

If they were looking at the 2.2L Wildtrak 2WD 6AT though, I wouldn't - at around 200K less than the 3.2L 4x4, it's comparatively a bargain.

1.75 M Baht and no Sat Nav and cannot play DVDs !

I fully agree on the GPS Navigation - it's something you just expect at this price. There are some aftermarket solutions now, one in particular that integrates with the SYNC2 system very well - if no built in GPS a deal breaker for you.

The DVD though, no thanks - that's right alongside the cassette tape, VHS, Beta and 8-track in the archives of history now wink.png

If you want terrible sound, it does support AM radio though tongue.png

Edited by IMHO

I'm really asking myself if I need a big truck any more. I used my current one for carrying all my tools/work equipment but have stopped doing this work now so just looking for something to carry the wife and kids around.

I quite like the Subaru XV, Nissan X-Trail or Mazda CX3/5. Decisions, Decisions...

I was interested in the XV, but after sitting in it and reading all the reviews I was put off.

X-Trail hybrid looks a good buy to me.

CX-3 is great up front and handled really well during a test drive, but for rear passengers and boot usability H-RV seemed a lot better.

CX-5 once I'd seen the CX-3 cabin it made the CX-5 look dated inside.

Went with the Everest in the end because a) I have no issues with the brand even though Thais continually disapprove when I say I'm getting a Ford, b ) it is loaded with safety features, and I feel like I need as much help as possible on Thai roads, and c) it's loaded with other tech which I love to play around with.

I considered getting a BMW 320 which obviously drives much better on a flat road, but I didn't want to pay a badge premium, fear of touring around the country and wrecking the car on crappy roads, driving into a puddle that turns out to be over 50cm and just the fact I couldn't see further down the road to anticipate last minute Thai braking due to tailgating.

Edited by ChesneyHawkes

I was looking at Subaru xv, Nissan X-trail and Mazda CX-5 as well but ended up ordering Mitsubishi pajero sport since it looks like the best bet safety wise. 7 airbags etc. Didn't really like the rear end of the car. Actually preferred the Ford Everest but just feel that I get more value for my bugs buying the mpj. Don't wanna spend 1,7 mill. So that's why I ended up on the mitsu..........

1.75 M Baht and no Sat Nav and cannot play DVDs !

DVD player?! Not need for the driver for obvious reasons, passengers can use iPads synced to an wireless external hard drive to watch the TBs of movies and tv shows I have.

Sat Nav is annoying but tbh I prefer Googlemaps. Already got a front passenger mounting stand on the way to hold up my iPad pro and will run Bluetooth for turn by turn directions. I find Googlemaps infinitely more useful than any other satnav I've ever used.

I was looking at Subaru xv, Nissan X-trail and Mazda CX-5 as well but ended up ordering Mitsubishi pajero sport since it looks like the best bet safety wise. 7 airbags etc. Didn't really like the rear end of the car. Actually preferred the Ford Everest but just feel that I get more value for my bugs buying the mpj. Don't wanna spend 1,7 mill. So that's why I ended up on the mitsu..........

The PJS was my number two pick and I'm still copping an earful from my gf's dad as he's bought every revision of the PJS for well over a decade (even the CBU ones that cost millions) and swears by them.

For me I felt all around the Everest was just that little bit better. The PJS is definitely the value pick, even taking into account the hideous rear that always reminds me of an old Volvo estate with upside down lights. Also they have a nice selection of accessories for the bodywork. Fortuner, I wasn't interested in at all. Seemed happy to milk people for zero extras

The Pajero Sport cannot be considered the safest - that crown belongs to the Everest Titanium+.

Safety features the Everest has, but the PJS doesn't:

* Airbags for the 3rd row seats (the PJS's 6 airbags only cover the first two rows).

* Driver's knee airbag

* Rollover mitigation

* Roll stability control

* Driver alertness monitoring

* Lane keeping assist

* Auto high beam control

And the other big one:

* Great handling - the PJS ride quality is close to the Everest, but it simply does not have the same level of road handling.

In addition, all Everest variants have the "MyKey" system, which allows you to set maximum speed limiters, lock-on safety features so they can't be defeated, and even set the maximum volume for the stereo - for other driver's using your 2nd key.

In fairness, here's the safety features the PJS has, but the Everest lacks:

* Surround view parking cameras (rear cam only on the EV)

* Mis-acceleration mitigation (so make sure you select the right gear before stabbing the throttle).

Edited by IMHO

It's around 1.8 million for the top of the range titanium.

Don't forget 0.5 million baht for ongoing maintenance costs.

FORD - Fix Or Repair Daily.

DELETED

Just pony up the extra 18K Baht for the 5-year / 150,000km extended warranty if you're that worried about it.

Edited by seedy
Blah Blah Free Zone

The Pajero Sport cannot be considered the safest - that crown belongs to the Everest Titanium+.

Safety features the Everest has, but the PJS doesn't:

* Airbags for the 3rd row seats (the PJS's 6 airbags only cover the first two rows).

* Driver's knee airbag

* Rollover mitigation

* Roll stability control

* Driver alertness monitoring

* Lane keeping assist

* Auto high beam control

And the other big one:

* Great handling - the PJS ride quality is close to the Everest, but it simply does not have the same level of road handling.

In addition, all Everest variants have the "MyKey" system, which allows you to set maximum speed limiters, lock-on safety features so they can't be defeated, and even set the maximum volume for the stereo - for other driver's using your 2nd key.

In fairness, here's the safety features the PJS has, but the Everest lacks:

* Surround view parking cameras (rear cam only on the EV)

* Mis-acceleration mitigation (so make sure you select the right gear before stabbing the throttle).

I think the mis-acceleration mitigation was added because of all the SUA incidents in the Phillipines whether or not it was driver error or the actual car.

I do wish they had all around cameras on the Everest though, that or perpendicular parking active assist. The US gets this now but not us.

Would also love the wide angled lense front camera on the Ford Edge, so you could poke the nose out and see traffic coming from around the corner, maybe try and find an aftermarket way of adding that.