Finance On Ford Everest

IMHO

I was looking at Subaru xv, Nissan X-trail and Mazda CX-5. Don't remember mentioning the Everest in that connection .

I made my booking before the 1st of January so am getting it at last years price. Still quite a bit cheaper than the Titanium+ or I would have had to settle for the cheaper Tittanium (doesn't even come with rear cam) and that's where I thought I'd get more value for my hard earned money ;-)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO

I was looking at Subaru xv, Nissan X-trail and Mazda CX-5. Don't remember mentioning the Everest in that connection .

I made my booking before the 1st of January so am getting it at last years price. Still quite a bit cheaper than the Titanium+ or I would have had to settle for the cheaper Tittanium (doesn't even come with rear cam) and that's where I thought I'd get more value for my hard earned money ;-)

Topic is finance on Ford Everest so I've just tried to bring it back in that direction. I think that's reason enough to mention it.

Oh and you did say you ordered a PJS so all bets are off excluding the EV!

Edited by ChesneyHawkes

IMHO

My bad, sorry! :)

I'm still debating what to buy. I've had a pickup truck for the past 7 years and now it's time to change.

Not sure if I actually need another big truck to transport the family around. (There's four of us)

I've been looking at different SUV's, i.e. the x-trail, subaru xv, etc. Even the Mercedes or BMW. There's too much choice!...

Get the Wildtrak and save a chunk of change over an SUV.

Yes and no...

If someone was considering the 3.2L Wildtrak 4x4 6AT, I's probably steer them towards the 2.2L Everest Titanium 6AT as an alternative - no-one buys a Wildtrak to actually haul stuff right? ;)

If they were looking at the 2.2L Wildtrak 2WD 6AT though, I wouldn't - at around 200K less than the 3.2L 4x4, it's comparatively a bargain.

I wouldn't. I'd take the 3.2WT any day of the week. I just wish Ford sold it with a proper gearbox here.

I wouldn't have the 2.2EV with an auto box. Too heavy and too much power sapped from an engine which is only just up to the job if it had a manual box.

I'm confused by the price increases. The Everest has increased by 120K - 150K depending on model. On the other hand the Pajero has only increased by 19K/29K and looking at the Toyota website the Fortuner doesn't seem to have increased in price. It seems as though Ford's competitors have absorbed more of the tax increase to offset the impact on demand. Ford's pricing strategy combined with the delivery problems is a bit strange even if it is a damn good product. The top model Pajero is starting to look like one hell of a bargain at 1,469,000 THB.

I'm confused by the price increases. The Everest has increased by 120K - 150K depending on model. On the other hand the Pajero has only increased by 19K/29K and looking at the Toyota website the Fortuner doesn't seem to have increased in price. It seems as though Ford's competitors have absorbed more of the tax increase to offset the impact on demand. Ford's pricing strategy combined with the delivery problems is a bit strange even if it is a damn good product. The top model Pajero is starting to look like one hell of a bargain at 1,469,000 THB.

PJS had a launch at 1.35m I think, at least that was what I remember seeing in August for the top model. Then it went to 1.399m and now it's at the price you've listed. I think CO2 emissions has something to do with it, also engine cc has some influence as the 2.4 in the PJS is much smaller than the 3.2 Everest. I do think the 2.2 T and 3.2T get screwed, but the 3.2T+ is not so bad as they've added a few extra options to try and help compensate. Not worth the extra 150k but at least it brings more value to the price increase.

Not 100% sure but I think it is in a different tax bracket now due to emissions. Not sure about the fortuner; perhaps the website is not updated. The PJS is what...300K less than the everest now. I'd get the black pjs and get some black tint over that ugly drooping tail lightlaugh.png

Who needs a navigation system. Anyone ever hear of a map!!! All the so called technology is what makes the vehicle cost more than it should. A Map and a cell phone do me right.

Of course we have, but what's the point of a map when there's already one in the cell phone?

Can a paper map give you a journey estimate, or tell you where there is traffic, give you a list of routes, provide turn by turn directions, search for the specific name of a place and provide a street view? These are just some of the major benefits.

I've found asking people for directions in the LoS to generally end up with me going the wrong way. They don't want to say they don't know so will point you in any direction with a 75% chance it's the wrong way.

I'm still debating what to buy. I've had a pickup truck for the past 7 years and now it's time to change.

Not sure if I actually need another big truck to transport the family around. (There's four of us)

I've been looking at different SUV's, i.e. the x-trail, subaru xv, etc. Even the Mercedes or BMW. There's too much choice!...

Yes and no...

If someone was considering the 3.2L Wildtrak 4x4 6AT, I's probably steer them towards the 2.2L Everest Titanium 6AT as an alternative - no-one buys a Wildtrak to actually haul stuff right? wink.png

If they were looking at the 2.2L Wildtrak 2WD 6AT though, I wouldn't - at around 200K less than the 3.2L 4x4, it's comparatively a bargain.

I wouldn't. I'd take the 3.2WT any day of the week. I just wish Ford sold it with a proper gearbox here.

I wouldn't have the 2.2EV with an auto box. Too heavy and too much power sapped from an engine which is only just up to the job if it had a manual box.

Errm, isn't a 2.2L Wildtrak exactly what you drive though? :)

I'm sure you've told us that before?

All these car manufacturers make enough profit that they could easily absorb all of the 2016 tax increase. If doing that is deemed necessary to keep them competitive, that's what they'll do.

The pricing we pay is nothing but a reflection of what they think they can get for the car :)

In every other market, even those next door in ASEAN, the Everest is significantly more expensive than it's rivals. Now it is in Thailand too. That's what you can do when your product is clearly superior. Conversely, the Pajero Sport's party trick has always been the value proposition - and that also continues..

Look at Australia for example. There the Pajero Sport ranges from $45,000 to $52,750 - by comparison the Everest ranges from $54,990 to $76,990 (MSRP's - drive away prices in Oz are several thousand dollars more) - it's practically a different segment.

Yes and no...

If someone was considering the 3.2L Wildtrak 4x4 6AT, I's probably steer them towards the 2.2L Everest Titanium 6AT as an alternative - no-one buys a Wildtrak to actually haul stuff right? wink.png

Errm, isn't a 2.2L Wildtrak exactly what you drive though? :)

I'm sure you've told us that before?

Yes, but its c400kg lighter than the EV and has a more efficient manual box. I still feel it's a bit underpowered when overtaking, although it has improved a little as the engine has done more kms.

Edited by JaseTheBass

It's around 1.8 million for the top of the range titanium.

Don't forget 0.5 million baht for ongoing maintenance costs.

FORD - Fix Or Repair Daily.

DELETED

Just pony up the extra 18K Baht for the 5-year / 150,000km extended warranty if you're that worried about it.

what's the standard warranty included at Ford?

It's around 1.8 million for the top of the range titanium.

Don't forget 0.5 million baht for ongoing maintenance costs.

FORD - Fix Or Repair Daily.

DELETED

Just pony up the extra 18K Baht for the 5-year / 150,000km extended warranty if you're that worried about it.

what's the standard warranty included at Ford?
3yrs or 100,000km for the Everest Edited by ChesneyHawkes

Just checked at a Toyota dealer next door and they said the top Fotuner has had its price bumped up by 30k.

Thanks for all the replies on this great thread. I'm going to stick with my original plan and go with the Everest Titanium+ Colour is either Silver or Gold. More decisions!....

Personally I would pay cash and look for something with the 1 M than take on 800K of finance.

Your choice.

The everest is a looker now, previous models just looked like a box.

to add I bought a PJS 3.5 yrs ago 1.2 Million now worth 500/600K.

New PJS I'm still undecided. Front is nice, but the back and side remind me of an hearse .

The PJS was my number two pick and I'm still copping an earful from my gf's dad as he's bought every revision of the PJS for well over a decade (even the CBU ones that cost millions) and swears by them.

For me I felt all around the Everest was just that little bit better. The PJS is definitely the value pick, even taking into account the hideous rear that always reminds me of an old Volvo estate with upside down lights. Also they have a nice selection of accessories for the bodywork. Fortuner, I wasn't interested in at all. Seemed happy to milk people for zero extras

I've now formulated a standard response to these "Why'd you by an Everest?" questions:

Because I wanted the best in the class, and I'm not afraid of risking an argument with a service manager in order to get it.

:P

Can't wait to see how much it cost for a used one in a few months

My woman is adamant that it will be in the ~1mil range for the top model. Gonna hurt those that paid 1.7 if shes right

If the used prices of the T6 Wildtrak are any guide, that's wishful thinking.

Edited by IMHO

Here you go, a used one for sale:

http://www.one2car.com/ford/everest/%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%B5-15-19%29/

The new price on that model was 1,269,000 - so it's lost 80K Baht.

Guess we need to wait a little longer for them to hit 800K depreciation? tongue.png

Practically any Toyota dealer will give you 100K off sticker for a brand new 'Tuna though.

Edited by IMHO

Guess we need to wait a little longer for them to hit 800K depreciation? tongue.png

Practically any Toyota dealer will give you 100K off sticker for a brand new 'Tuna though.

I'm thinking they bought the 2.2 because they could get it immediately, and then after purchasing it decided they should definitely have gone for the T+. So this one's been put out to pasture.

Edited by ChesneyHawkes

I'm thinking they bought the 2.2 because they could get it immediately, and then after purchasing it decided they should definitely have for the T+. So this one's been put out to pasture.

There's lots of people who go from being able to afford the repayments one day, to not the next. I sure hope it's your more optimistic scenario, for whoever they are :)

I'm thinking they bought the 2.2 because they could get it immediately, and then after purchasing it decided they should definitely have for the T+. So this one's been put out to pasture.

There's lots of people who go from being able to afford the repayments one day, to not the next. I sure hope it's your more optimistic scenario, for whoever they are :)

True, financial planning usually goes out the window here and in it's place is I want I need I must have (to show off and keep up with the jones').

Edited by ChesneyHawkes

Thanks for all the replies on this great thread. I'm going to stick with my original plan and go with the Everest Titanium+ Colour is either Silver or Gold. More decisions!....

Personally I would pay cash and look for something with the 1 M than take on 800K of finance.

Your choice.

The everest is a looker now, previous models just looked like a box.

to add I bought a PJS 3.5 yrs ago 1.2 Million now worth 500/600K.

New PJS I'm still undecided. Front is nice, but the back and side remind me of an hearse .

The rear of the new PJS is awful. What were they thinking with those lights? They look like they melted...

I'm going to wait 6 months now and buy one for cash in Bangkok. We're off to Australia in July, so will pick one up on our return then drive up to Chiang Mai in it to see her folks.