Fireworks at bali hai pier new year celebration.

Howitzer

Last year I watched the fireworks from Pattaya beach sat on a deckchair along with thousands of others, eating and drinking with those close. This year all deckchairs had to be cleared of the beach by 6 p.m. or the operators faced a 3 month closure. Security? Any other reason?

Last year I watched the fireworks from Pattaya beach sat on a deckchair along with thousands of others, eating and drinking with those close. This year all deckchairs had to be cleared of the beach by 6 p.m. or the operators faced a 3 month closure. Security? Any other reason?

I was at the bali hai pier. As you know new year is at 12am so at NYE especially during the evening to night period crowds just increase espeically at walking street and bali hai pier is at the end of walking street so it's just super crowded there. that wasn't near any beach. In fact i don['t even know how far i was from bali hai pier. The place where ppl were sitting with the signs was sealed off so they had to be there pretty early maybe 9pm on NYE. By 11pm onwards the whole of walking street should be crowded up.

the fireworjs in pattaya this year was pretty much a non event compared to previous years in previous years the pattaya countdown went for 7 nights this year it only went for 3 nights

in previous years pattaya fireworks would be 10 times better than in sydney australia

the fireworjs in pattaya this year was pretty much a non event compared to previous years in previous years the pattaya countdown went for 7 nights this year it only went for 3 nights

in previous years pattaya fireworks would be 10 times better than in sydney australia

Of course they were....

Edited by Just Curious

The more a country becomes a Nanny State, the less likely they are to have a decent fireworks display...I was a year in China and there were numerous displays for different events and they were - spectacular - just as I remembered the ones when I first came here to LoS. But things have changed, as we all know.....I was on the obsevatory hill directly under the display at Bali Hai this year, I think it lasted 5 mins ? max. Only a few bursts were good and the final blast.

That was it.....