Angry or abusive posts ....

billphillips

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever I read an abusive post I wonder whether the poster has had a bit to drink and wouldn't post such a thing was he completely sober. To get so idea I a look at the time of posting, if it's after 8pm then the chances are to poster has had a jar or two.

Anger and abuse is never justified in my opinion.

Of course you're right but so many appear to be that way. Hardly a thread exists that doesn't have one or more nasty sections. I can't imagine the reasoning and I'm curious as to the motivations behind it. The mental images I have of these posters is of ridicule. I wonder how they perceive themselves? I'm sure that alcohol (as already mentioned) does play some part in proceedings, but not in all cases surely.

I got a warning for one of my posts, it was aimed at the corrupt, the police, the government, ok same same.

I'm not as old as those, still

my warning was for abusing posters, but it was not aimed at posters who would be well justified in being abusive to the corrupt people in this coutnry and the corrupt nature of those with the same same mentality tthat seems to think the countries reputation is more important than peoples lives.

Of course you're right but so many appear to be that way. Hardly a thread exists that doesn't have one or more nasty sections. I can't imagine the reasoning and I'm curious as to the motivations behind it. The mental images I have of these posters is of ridicule. I wonder how they perceive themselves? I'm sure that alcohol (as already mentioned) does play some part in proceedings, but not in all cases surely.

In my personal experience some people think that if they do not like you they are justified in doing anything they want to you. It is classic in-group, out-group and dehumanization techniques used to commit unspeakable acts against those we do not like. Unfortunately as humans we are able to rationalize almost anythings.

In my personal experience some people think that if they do not like you they are justified in doing anything they want to you. It is classic in-group, out-group and dehumanization techniques used to commit unspeakable acts against those we do not like. Unfortunately as humans we are able to rationalize almost anythings.

I remember when there was a group of posters here that very much fit that description. They formed a little clique and attempted to bully and belittle anyone they thought didn't fit here. They also seemed to think they were above the forum rules, but that turned out not to be the case, and the place is much better for their absence.

I was a rather small kid until well after 18 years old -- in 8th grade (age 14) I was the 3rd smallest in a class of 200+ boys following a Chinese kid and a deformed dwarf. So I got used to being on the receiving end of a lot of cruel remarks and verbal abuse although (almost) never was physically threatened. With few exceptions, I have never been on the receiving end of so much verbal targeting since those days since coming on here. But I have a thick skin and have no problem on the comeback from my state of hopeless delusion.

BTW when I graduated high school, there were a bunch of guys who were at least 4 inches taller than me. My mother though has a tall family and, when I went to my 20-year high school reunion, with a bunch of the same guys, I was at least 4 inches taller than them.

Regrettably many people take onboard a different manner or approach to communicating with people depending on the medium used. Face to face is normally least antagonistic, phone call second least, e-mail or equivalent the worst. It is in one way cowardly to be abusive on this virtually anonymous forum.

Posting Content & General Conduct

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

You will not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.

judge a post on its content not how I percieve the poster. There are times an angry and or abusive post is justified.

Maybe justifiable but never worth doing. I think some of the superior, moral highground posters on here are trying to get others wound up enough to get a reaction and better still be abusive.

I have no problem with anger being expressed. It is an emotion and get it out. Abusive on the other hand is for control,when reason is gone. Abusive posters want control and when they have no other way they abuse.

i think simply ignore abusive post ,no response no value in doing it.

Some guys live their lives being angry and abusive not only on the internet in all communication with others. I have met a few since coming to Thailand.

Edited by lovelomsak

I remember when there was a group of posters here that very much fit that description. They formed a little clique and attempted to bully and belittle anyone they thought didn't fit here. They also seemed to think they were above the forum rules, but that turned out not to be the case, and the place is much better for their absence.

I`ve noticed there does seem to be a group of posters in the Chiang Mai section that if disagreeing with any one of them the others all come to their defense and gang up on you.

Whenever I read an abusive post I wonder whether the poster has had a bit to drink and wouldn't post such a thing was he completely sober. To get so idea I a look at the time of posting, if it's after 8pm then the chances are to poster has had a jar or two.

Well I thought that but i got corrected by many posters

because the time posted could be different time zones

I have no problem with anger being expressed. It is an emotion and get it out. Abusive on the other hand is for control,when reason is gone. Abusive posters want control and when they have no other way they abuse.

i think simply ignore abusive post ,no response no value in doing it.

Some guys live their lives being angry and abusive not only on the internet in all communication with others. I have met a few since coming to Thailand.

The problem are not the abusive posters but the enablers, by giving "likes". Without them the abusers have no platform. They just start another forum with the likeminded.