The hills are alive with the sound of - forest fires where does one get Seretide 500

Saan

As we welcome a new season of burning off and Doi Suthep fades in to the mist our breaths labour and some of us reach for our bronchodilators.

I have tried my local Pharmacy but it only has Seretide 250. Are there other pharmacies that sell the full strength 500?

Do I understand correctly that you wish to increase the size of your bronchioles so that the alvioli are able to fill up with more pollutants?

Wouldn't you be better off with a good N95 mask instead?

I tried a good mask and apart from looking like Darth Varder it didn't help.

Yep, your you understand correctly, if that's what it takes to breath, I will do it.

Edited by Saan

hi thanks for that tip, do you cough a lot? i went to the hospital had x ray, has effected my lungs a bit, lots of tablets, and an inhaler, no dam good at all, they want to have me in overnight to put a camera down but , us old farangs cant be assed,i am ok in myself but mostly at night this dam cough fires up, yes diagnosed as bronchitis,i will check out the pharmacy tomorrow thanks

The pharmacy on Ratchadamnoen Road about 50 metres from Thapae Gate usually has everything - lady pharmacist there is very knowledgeable and speaks English well. If she hasn't got it, can probably get it for you.

The pharmacy on Ratchadamnoen Road about 50 metres from Thapae Gate usually has everything - lady pharmacist there is very knowledgeable and speaks English well. If she hasn't got it, can probably get it for you.

Thanks. I know the sisters and they are brilliant but difficult for me to get to.

What is need to know is if the 500 acuhaler is available in Thailand. My pharmacist told me it is not.

Thanks. I know the sisters and they are brilliant but difficult for me to get to.

What is need to know is if the 500 acuhaler is available in Thailand. My pharmacist told me it is not.

Look on the bright side - there's a 50% chance he/she is wrong.

"Peera Pharmacy"

That they are 'sisters' is a popular misconception. They are only friends. One of them left the business a few years ago to get married.

I dont think there is a 500 available in Thailand. I use 250 two puffs twice daily this is equivalent to 500 twice daily

I dont think there is a 500 available in Thailand. I use 250 two puffs twice daily this is equivalent to 500 twice daily

Thanks. That is what I feared. With the 250 the cost is almost double. With only 50 puffs in a container it works out about 1000 baht every 12 days.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Like some of us here on this wonderful forum I do need medication to keep my abused and well worn body functioning.I too used Seretide 250 and pay ฿650 for 60 puffs.Other pills I am paying nearly 1/2 price for at this pill and potion seller.The name of it is ส. เภสัช.This shop is to be found on Chang Phuak Road. Turn north from the moat at the gate 1/2 way on the north side and go to nearly 500 metres to where the road meets the highway 11. On the right hand side you will see a whitish 6 floor building with INSTITUTE OF CULINARY ART CHIANG MAI on it.Almost on the other side of the road (on the left) is this shop.Regular pill munchers will be foolish or rich to shop anywhere else

guys !

Enjoy the nights in the north !

You dont need an AC as the nights are cold,

just open your windows and enjoy the clean fresh air there !!

I don't think my wife would like it in Northern Alaska.

On the topic I know nothing.

I do have a machine I can use as a nebulizer. It is supposed to be better than a puffer.

As I say I know nothing about it. It was just a part of the concentrator I bought. I get the capsules from my doctor. Don't even know if I need them just use them about once a month.

There is a drug-store near Pratu Ching Mai, on Thanon Rat Chiang Saen, just before the gate opening starts, where, imho, prices, for typical OTC (legal) medications, are generally lower than other places I've found in Chiang Mai.

Driving west on the one-way east-west road Rat Chiang Saen that constitutes the southern outer-moat border, just before the turn-off road (south) into Wualai Road on your left ... try to find somewhere to park :)

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@18.7811208,98.9884577,3a,37.5y,207.96h,87.29t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sozzTL7jBhA32OlURdjbNWg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

cheers, ~o:37;