Toyota Harrier

chopin2

They're all grey market imports as already mentioned. Lexus is how they're branded in the US. They're just Toyota elsewhere.

Here are a bunch for sale: http://www.one2car.com/toyota/harrier/?min_registered_year=2012&yearrange=upto-2012

Not true at all. There was a time when they were just a rebadge, but not any more. I'd definitely choose a Harrier over and RX Lexus as the price in LoS is stupid for a Lexus. You're looking at around 2.5m+ for a Harrier.

Don't know how warranty etc works on a grey import but personally I would go for either for the Fortuner or if you want a more luxury/stylish SUV from Toyota go for the Lexus RX series.

A massive price difference between your two suggestions. The RX is very nice all round and the feel is opulent next to a Fortuner. But the price, at 5m I'd expect a lot more than what I'm getting.

" Are they just copies of Lexus, made in some secret factory in Isaan, just like the Rolex watches and Lacoste shirts"

biggrin.png biggrin.png

This is Lexus RX Copies of REAL Toyota started for US guys and now it "copy"

sell in many country.

facepalm.gif

I am I prefer to buy Harier than RX.tongue.png

wai.gif

" Are they just copies of Lexus, made in some secret factory in Isaan, just like the Rolex watches and Lacoste shirts"

biggrin.png biggrin.png

This is Lexus RX Copies of REAL Toyota started for US guys and now it "copy"

sell in many country.

facepalm.gif

I am I prefer to buy Harier than RX.tongue.png

wai.gif

For the money you have to pay I'd agree. But underneath the cars are very different. From engine options and gear boxes to fit and finish they are miles apart. Unfortunately, not far apart enough for me to pay double the price.

For the money you have to pay I'd agree. But underneath the cars are very different. From engine options and gear boxes to fit and finish they are miles apart. Unfortunately, not far apart enough for me to pay double the price.

yes price for me it not reasonable.

But....

now i Think about second hand. after not well experience with Fortuner.

blink.png

I thought the harrier was based upon the RAV4 chassis while the RX is based upon the Camry platform.

They use different engines, different drive-trains, transmissions (7speed vs 8speed), etc. Hence the price difference.

From what I know when I worked with Lexus on some of their events is that their customer service is very high especially in comparison with other luxury brands in Thailand.

I guess that's also calculated in the price of every single vehicle.

I thought the harrier was based upon the RAV4 chassis while the RX is based upon the Camry platform.

They use different engines, different drive-trains, transmissions (7speed vs 8speed), etc. Hence the price difference.

From what I know when I worked with Lexus on some of their events is that their customer service is very high especially in comparison with other luxury brands in Thailand.

Where you take this is information?

RX its harrier just some engine and transmission different.

but for example 2003 RX and Harrier only for US market another engine(3.3l)

but 3 liter for Europe its same Japan.

Now i am read about New 216

its Rx and Harrier be differens 3.5 vs 2.5 l

And rear optic be different

some window

Becouse owner lexus do not want they luxury car look same Toyota.clap2.gif

But before even glass for window be with logo toyota and same.

but after it be changed

thumbsup.gif

Yup, Harrier is based on MC platform as per the RAV4, with the RX coming from the Camry's K platform.

The thing is both are imported so the gap may not look as big as it usually does. In Thailand we usually only buy the locally assembled models as they're incredibly good value. The Harrier is an imported model so the 2.5m price tag would look more like 1.5m if it was built locally (probably even less as I think it would sell well here).

I actually think both cars are poor value purely because of all the importation add on costs. Hence the reason why I'm really happy to have ordered a Ford Everest. Bang for my buck it offers me everything I could want from an SUV and I couldn't say that about either of these cars.

I'd generally buy a Toyota because they offer good value, but not for the Harrier as it's imported. Lexus' are refined, incredibly reliable vehicles, but they're not worth what they charge, and they don't have the prestige of the Euro brands so their resales can't compete with something like a Merc.

Back to Toyota's and being value for money the big exception I see right now is the Fortuner, I don't dislike the car, but they are ripping people off with their pricing, they deserve to lose customers to Mitsu and their PJS.

We were talking about the new harrier, not the old harrier.

some window

but after it be changed

thumbsup.gif

some window

but after it be changed

thumbsup.gif

You get what you pay for ardokano, but what you're paying for is an imported car with import taxes attached. Lexus is Toyota's premium brand, so I expect better. And it is better, just not 2x the price better.

If you want a car that looks the same then it's fine get the Harrier. But I've driven both before and they're completely different, so you shouldn't reference a car from Gen 2 when we're on Gen 4 now.

Edited by ChesneyHawkes

Harrier and RX aren't even in the same league if it comes to price. I think the Harrier in Japan retails for Max 4,500,000 Yen while the RX retails for Max around 7,500,000 Yen.

Not sure...haven't been back to Japan for a while now and didn't read many Japanese magazines here in Thailand.

Paying 1,800,000 THB for a Fortuner is indeed a bit steep. The gap between normal cars and their European counterparts is getting smaller and smaller :)

Yup, Harrier is based on MC platform as per the RAV4, with the RX coming from the Camry's K platform.

The thing is both are imported so the gap may not look as big as it usually does. In Thailand we usually only buy the locally assembled models as they're incredibly good value. The Harrier is an imported model so the 2.5m price tag would look more like 1.5m if it was built locally (probably even less as I think it would sell well here).

I actually think both cars are poor value purely because of all the importation add on costs. Hence the reason why I'm really happy to have ordered a Ford Everest. Bang for my buck it offers me everything I could want from an SUV and I couldn't say that about either of these cars.

I'd generally buy a Toyota because they offer good value, but not for the Harrier as it's imported. Lexus' are refined, incredibly reliable vehicles, but they're not worth what they charge, and they don't have the prestige of the Euro brands so their resales can't compete with something like a Merc.

Back to Toyota's and being value for money the big exception I see right now is the Fortuner, I don't dislike the car, but they are ripping people off with their pricing, they deserve to lose customers to Mitsu and their PJS.

Harrier and RX aren't even in the same league if it comes to price. I think the Harrier in Japan retails for Max 4,500,000 Yen while the RX retails for Max around 7,500,000 Yen.

Not sure...haven't been back to Japan for a while now and didn't read many Japanese magazines here in Thailand.

Paying 1,800,000 THB for a Fortuner is indeed a bit steep. The gap between normal cars and their European counterparts is getting smaller and smaller :)

Top Fortuner is 1,629,000 so not quite 1.8m but prices are getting closer. Getting euro brands to assemble is bringing the prices closer and achieves the government's goal of getting them to create jobs and protect Thailand's auto industry.

You get what you pay for ardokano, but what you're paying for is an imported car with import taxes attached. Lexus is Toyota's premium brand, so I expect better. And it is better, just not 2x the price better.

If you want a car that looks the same then it's fine get the Harrier. But I've driven both before and they're completely different, so you shouldn't reference a car from Gen 2 when we're on Gen 4 now.

May be may be. Some change.

And second gen drive its be differnt.

And in second gen i prefer Harrier.

It be better quality.

So may be now some change.

But i never pay for name.

And for me even lexus its not have any name its TOYOTA.

So may be now lexus it better but i can't clean my memory experience.

So if two simular spec car i prefer Harrier. And i am poor guy.

So i do not think i get for what i pay.In Thailand not get income same for examle HK.

In Thailand not Have same quality service same England Singapure and many another country.

So i not think it "normal" price.

Its same you come eat streat food and ask price 3 star restaraunt. Even cooking chief same in 3 star.

But its my opinion.

:)

May be may be. Some change.

And second gen drive its be differnt.

And in second gen i prefer Harrier.

It be better quality.

So may be now some change.

But i never pay for name.

And for me even lexus its not have any name its TOYOTA.

So may be now lexus it better but i can't clean my memory experience.

So if two simular spec car i prefer Harrier. And i am poor guy.

So i do not think i get for what i pay.In Thailand not get income same for examle HK.

In Thailand not Have same quality service same England Singapure and many another country.

So i not think it "normal" price.

Its same you come eat streat food and ask price 3 star restaraunt. Even cooking chief same in 3 star.

But its my opinion.

:)

It doesn't cost any money to test drive a car. If you want to find out and "clean your mind" go to a Lexus dealer and try one for yourself.

You should buy whatever car you want to buy, but this is a forum. If you give us your opinion then you should expect us to give our opinions too. I'll give you a hint, we won't always agree with you.

Edited by ChesneyHawkes

Exactly smile.png And after driving the Lexus you will feel that the Harrier has so much more road noise etc and the Lexus seats are 10 times better.

When I studied in Japan, I visit the Lexus factory in Miyakawa. To see craftsmen assemble cars by hand really made an impact on me.

Edited by JoeW

Exactly smile.png And after driving the Lexus you will feel that the Harrier has so much more road noise etc and the Lexus seats are 10 times better.

When I studied in Japan, I visit the Lexus factory in Miyakawa. To see craftsmen assemble cars by hand really made an impact on me.

i do not know what happened now.

My 2008 RX not had perforation leather( its come after 2010)

But in my step father harrier 2006 have( its start from 2005)

Handling its better Harrier.

My friend had 2007 rx us version its even not have electrical mirror for parcking.

Active show rear camera in my 2008 RX same not have.

Panoramic same I do not remember in spec RX 2008 Euorope version.

Hard drive( in 2008 not have usb, so for me its good option).

Just memory sit in spec RX good option if not only 1 driver use car.

Ofcouse my rx 2008 its be better than my Harrier 2003.

So nothing bigest comfort about noise not have different.

May be some change NOW .

But 1 gen harrier be better 1st RX.

2 gen it be better 2 gen RX but same gen 3 RX.

What why 2 gen Harrier long life and gust 3 restail and 1 up gen rx start be same harier in comfort( for me perforation leather sit its comfort).

And lust think for me ( and for many another guys)

Lux car incl some choise personality.

Mean you can bilding your car.

So Harrier from 1997-2013 for me its more lux car becouse have big option and spec.

Yes i read now toyota change policy for this is model.

And Harrier not have big choice option and spec as before.

And lexus its more pover.

So its just sad think for me.

But i do not think harrier now worse in quality.

And i never say RX it bad car . Just say no see big difference with harrier.Just pay for name(logo)? But lexus it not name for what can pay . It for me "no name".

Toyota " japan" for me its NAME. And for this is name in past I know many people can pay little up price for JAPAN car not from another Toyota ;)

Its just my opion.

And ofcouse may be some change in harrier vs RX 2014-2016.

PS

About RX and harrier you say " And after driving the Lexus you will feel that the Harrier has so much more road noise etc and the Lexus seats are 10 times better"

Hope its about after 2013 harrier.

Before 2010 can say even be better comfort in Harrier( have perforation)

After 2010 can say comfort little!!! Can be better in RX.

After 2013 i do not know i never try.

Can you tell me what kind 10 times better.

And about noise. How many decibels? ;)

Againe say i like RX and Harrier.

But if have simular spec i want harrier.( new mpdel not have simular spec, different engine i guess its do for some owner lexus not be sad for logo need pay more)

Edited by ardokano

Considering the fact that you're talking about a Fortuner horrible nightmare in another thread I'm surprised you want to go anywhere near another Toyota.

You should remember that a Harrier will not be supported with any warranty from Toyota in Thailand. If you have any problems you will have to deal with the grey import dealer who sold you the car. If it's secondhand, you'll probably be on your own. So all the problems you've had with the Fortuner, you can forget Toyota listening to you if you have issues with a Harrier.

Considering the fact that you're talking about a Fortuner horrible nightmare in another thread I'm surprised you want to go anywhere near another Toyota.

You should remember that a Harrier will not be supported with any warranty from Toyota in Thailand. If you have any problems you will have to deal with the grey import dealer who sold you the car. If it's secondhand, you'll probably be on your own. So all the problems you've had with the Fortuner, you can forget Toyota listening to you if you have issues with a Harrier.

One topic I said that there are even cars from the brand" Toyota" that I love. and talked. as one and the same brand can do such a different qaulity car. One side Land Cruiser and Mark X, on the other Camry and now here Fortuner.

About Harrier i agree this you not have in Dealer.

And i sure for 99% a do not have even near problem with Harrier same as i ger with Fortuner. Even i buy second hand.

But ofcouse if i buy some upper price and NEW i do not see Harrier because no Dealer.

I am poor guy. So what i can buy new comfort SUV it may be be q3 or X1.

But now i am not sure i need SUV.

But one way if i biy second hand.

Harrier its fine.

I hope its be from Japan auction.

So its not big problem can see car history . And in japan care about car and low milage. 3 yaer car can get with 30k km. And it easy run more 100 k just basic service change oil etc.

Cheers.

Production standard between Japan and Thailand has become incredibly close though.

So close that brands such as Mitsubishi and Nissan are already exporting cars from Thailand to Japan.

That has to mean something if it comes to production standard.

I think Ardokano that you might be from Japan so I know you are used to the highest standard.

I've lived there for over 6 years and always admired the standard of production and service in Japan.

If you really want a comfort SUV, but are on a lower budget then I do recommend buying 2nd or 3rd hand cars imported from Japan.

Production standard between Japan and Thailand has become incredibly close though.

So close that brands such as Mitsubishi and Nissan are already exporting cars from Thailand to Japan.

That has to mean something if it comes to production standard.

I think Ardokano that you might be from Japan so I know you are used to the highest standard.

I've lived there for over 6 years and always admired the standard of production and service in Japan.

If you really want a comfort SUV, but are on a lower budget then I do recommend buying 2nd or 3rd hand cars imported from Japan.

"close though" go to where?

in my opinion qulity worse .

And it not only Japan car.

SO its Japan go down. Its to sad

So many made in China .

its not realy bed but sure qorse quality.

But not about talking

PS

Can you tell me what model japan market export from Thailand?