Are these really the worst tourist spots in Southeast Asia?

snoop1130

I get irritated when do gooders crab about others who come to a city or country for fun and sex. So what??? They are all adults. You don't like it........don't come. Shut your pie-hole and move along. Each of us prostitute ourselves when we drag our behinds out of bed when we don't want just to pay the bills. Damn few of us go because we luvvvv it soooo much. Its for the cash, the roof over our heads, the eats on the table. That is exactly what these folks who you bitch about are doing.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Regular jobs are not the same as prostitution, they are not illegal or mired in criminality and disease or exploitation. Pattaya punters will always try and justify it and try to pretend it's something other or better than it is. But the reality is it's a town built on the exploitation of poor Thai woman by western sex tourists. If that's what you are into fine, but don't kid yourself you are doing them a favor, helping the economy or not doing any harm.

Regular jobs are not the same as prostitution, they are not illegal or mired in criminality and disease or exploitation. Pattaya punters will always try and justify it and try to pretend it's something other or better than it is. But the reality is it's a town built on the exploitation of poor Thai woman by western sex tourists. If that's what you are into fine, but don't kid yourself you are doing them a favor, helping the economy or not doing any harm.

Again another 'do-gooder' expressing an opinion that many don't give two hoots about. Prostitution has been legal in many parts of the world and in history. I could say pounding rocks is illegal and bad for your health you know. The 'mired in criminality' is due to the 'do-gooders' making it so by gving others a way to make money off of the poor and powerless........the pimps and organized crime. Keep your concept that sex is bad to yourself. Many people enjoy sex for sex. Others for spending money to take home. So what??? Just because you don't like it..........who gives a hoot? Americans love to run around the world passing off their 'values and morals' to the rest of the world. I listened to a news story where as they were in central America chasing some guy around who would pay a family and send their daughter to school. They also went to the that nation's head of social affairs or some office. She told them to mind their own business. This is a poor nation and people do what they have to, to survive. You come in high and mighty, break up their way of income and then leave. Meanwhile you feel all gooey inside and these folks are back to bare bones with no food on the table. You want to help? Set up a business for jobs! Start an affordable school so young adults have a trade. Otherwise you are all mouth and hot air.

Again another 'do-gooder' expressing an opinion that many don't give two hoots about. Prostitution has been legal in many parts of the world and in history. I could say pounding rocks is illegal and bad for your health you know. The 'mired in criminality' is due to the 'do-gooders' making it so by gving others a way to make money off of the poor and powerless........the pimps and organized crime. Keep your concept that sex is bad to yourself. Many people enjoy sex for sex. Others for spending money to take home. So what??? Just because you don't like it..........who gives a hoot? Americans love to run around the world passing off their 'values and morals' to the rest of the world. I listened to a news story where as they were in central America chasing some guy around who would pay a family and send their daughter to school. They also went to the that nation's head of social affairs or some office. She told them to mind their own business. This is a poor nation and people do what they have to, to survive. You come in high and mighty, break up their way of income and then leave. Meanwhile you feel all gooey inside and these folks are back to bare bones with no food on the table. You want to help? Set up a business for jobs! Start an affordable school so young adults have a trade. Otherwise you are all mouth and hot air.

You didn't get his very simple point did you? Pattaya is in Thailand, so you should consider the comment within the Thai context.

Do you know anything about the underclass of prostitutes? And I mean really know anything about them? Prostitution in tourist towns like Pattaya and Patong present a public health hazard because of the high number of drug addicts and HIV+ subjects working the trade. In the past year, I have seen with my own eyes children working the sex trade. There is something terribly wrong about 15 year old boys and girls being forced to sell their bodies. There is something even more wrong with people who use them. You must find Boyztown Pattaya a den of virtue right? There's a reason why so many elderly farang pedos love it. What's even more offensive is that the place hasn't been shut down and all patrons photographed and their data turned over to their home countries for prosecution for crimes against children. Has there been one raid on this area since the military came to power? You tell me. Have any public officials been prosecuted for not enforcing the existing labour or business laws? And your justification for the ongoing sexploitation is what? That kids have to work too?

You didn't get his very simple point did you? Pattaya is in Thailand, so you should consider the comment within the Thai context.

Do you know anything about the underclass of prostitutes? And I mean really know anything about them? Prostitution in tourist towns like Pattaya and Patong present a public health hazard because of the high number of drug addicts and HIV+ subjects working the trade. In the past year, I have seen with my own eyes children working the sex trade. There is something terribly wrong about 15 year old boys and girls being forced to sell their bodies. There is something even more wrong with people who use them. You must find Boyztown Pattaya a den of virtue right? There's a reason why so many elderly farang pedos love it. What's even more offensive is that the place hasn't been shut down and all patrons photographed and their data turned over to their home countries for prosecution for crimes against children. Has there been one raid on this area since the military came to power? You tell me. Have any public officials been prosecuted for not enforcing the existing labour or business laws? And your justification for the ongoing sexploitation is what? That kids have to work too?

Oh I get the point. Another 'do-gooder' who harps about the choices of other adults. I happen to live in Pattaya, though of late do not do the bar hopping. How about closing all those bars because you know.....alcoholism is a problem. Breaks up families, diseases of cirrhosis and laziness thus leading to poverty. Who brought up children in prostitution? Not I. You did. What makes you think all farangs are pedophiles.......you seem to harp on that. Some projection there? Motorcyles cause many deaths on the road........you want to banish them also? Get a life buddy. There are risks and fatalities in every action mankind entertains. As adults we take those risks after pondering. What place hasn't been shut down.............Pattaya in general, walking street or is it just Boyztown? Now you want to discriminate against the gays for their fun? How about shutting down all the heterosexual barfly spots??? There are more of them then what caters to the gays! There are more minorities in heterosexual bars then the gay ones also. If you are going to be a prick about something at least be an equal opportunity one.

Oh I get the point. Another 'do-gooder' who harps about the choices of other adults. I happen to live in Pattaya, though of late do not do the bar hopping. How about closing all those bars because you know.....alcoholism is a problem. Breaks up families, diseases of cirrhosis and laziness thus leading to poverty. Who brought up children in prostitution? Not I. You did. What makes you think all farangs are pedophiles.......you seem to harp on that. Some projection there? Motorcyles cause many deaths on the road........you want to banish them also? Get a life buddy. There are risks and fatalities in every action mankind entertains. As adults we take those risks after pondering. What place hasn't been shut down.............Pattaya in general, walking street or is it just Boyztown? Now you want to discriminate against the gays for their fun? How about shutting down all the heterosexual barfly spots??? There are more of them then what caters to the gays! There are more minorities in heterosexual bars then the gay ones also. If you are going to be a prick about something at least be an equal opportunity one.

Are you presenting a master class in that last mentioned activity? Edited by JAG

Again another 'do-gooder' expressing an opinion that many don't give two hoots about. Prostitution has been legal in many parts of the world and in history.

Bit it's not legal in Thailand is it.

Pattaya Sheraton is a different planet from the Walking Street and Soi 6 areas, hang out at 5 minute away Royal Varuna Yacht Club for a day or 2 and read a book or just relax under a coconut tree. Drive South an hour and the seaside towns and beaches along the way continue to improve, if you want fewer tourists. And keep driving, eventually you will end up at the car ferry to Koh Chang. You can get lost on Kho Chang if on foot if you want to. There is even more distant fewer tourists further out.

I thought Vang Vieng got cleaned up a few years ago, as in no more bars along the river and an early curfew regarding any loud music. Has this changed?

I'm headed there next month, regardless, but will definitely cut my time short if the scene is anything like a full moon party.

I was there last month staying across the river. No more noisy bars while I was there but my friend who works at the resort I stayed at told me that they allow a bar up river outside of town to operate noisily and stay open later. The road to get there from vientiane was like a highway to hell though.

Nobody believes me when I tell them I am only here for the benign weather and the cheapness of "everything".

You cannot come here and totally ignore what goes on and not even try things out ! If you ain't done it, don't knock it.

I know a place that has a long sandy beach, very little neon night life, high end resorts, limited trashy malls, it is called Hua Hin......boring does not even begin to describe the atmosphere..... Give me Jomtien any day.

Hua Hin is for the aged and lovers of Jazz music. The good thing in this place is the sunrise and the lack of ladyboys...?

Hua Hin sounds like a nice place, if you advoid drinking with foreigners, 555

http://news.thaivisa.com/hua-hin/norwegian-expat-recalls-horrific-knife-attack-by-foreigner

Unless of course the regular job is being a banker.

What do you think the reaction is of Thai people when you tell them you live or frequent Pattaya? My experience has been that most Thais will look down on the person. Anyone foreigner who knows Thailand identifies Pattaya as a sex tourism destination. It's no secret.

I keep reading in TVF how so many people are married or partnered with hiso educated people. Well, Pattaya is considered to be the Ibiza or Daytona Beach or Carnival Cruise Line of Thailand. Low class, attracting low end people who are clueless as to the concepts of quality or value. They are oblivious to the raw sewage that pollutes the ocean. The seek out the all you can eat buffets and are dressed in the finest polyester fashions on sale at Tesco or C.

I welcome the day when the city is cleaned up. Maybe one day the General PM will honor his promise.

Nobody believes me when I tell them I am only here for the benign weather and the cheapness of "everything".

You cannot come here and totally ignore what goes on and not even try things out ! If you ain't done it, don't knock it.

I know a place that has a long sandy beach, very little neon night life, high end resorts, limited trashy malls, it is called Hua Hin......boring does not even begin to describe the atmosphere..... Give me Jomtien any day.

Hua Hin is for the aged and lovers of Jazz music. The good thing in this place is the sunrise and the lack of ladyboys...?
Hua Hin sounds like a nice place, if you advoid drinking with foreigners, 555

http://news.thaivisa.com/hua-hin/norwegian-expat-recalls-horrific-knife-attack-by-foreigner

Just Middle Eastern foreigners, who maybe ISIL supporters?