Sick Water Buffalo

The buffalo tragedy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

love letter from a bangkoko bar girl to her friend in England

Dear John: I love you and I miss you too much. I have problem. I tell you before that buffalo me sick. Now it die. Fall down dead in middle of rice field. Bad fortune, when it fall, it land on papa and break his leg in three places. Now he cannot work. Brother me make stretcher from bamboo she take from roof of house. Then roof collapse and rain get in house. He take papa to hospital on motorcycle. He have accident coming home. Run into police car. Brother me to blame. Police say he has to pay big money. Motorcycle OK. Police car kaput. Now gives Mama have heart problem. Doctor say she need triple by-pass. I not understand what is. He say you understand.

Up to now I only work in bar and not go with man. I wait for you come back Pattaya. If you will not help me I have to go with many many many more farang to pay bills.

The old people in my village think that it is all your fault. If you had send me money to buy medicine for sick buffalo when I ask you, then it not die. Papa not break leg, house still have roof, brother not ride into police car and Mama not have heart problem.

Please send me 200,000 baht for my bank. Papa fix 10,000 new roof 30,000, new police car 100,000, mama fix 50,000. I take off 2,000 baht for sell buffalo meat but have to pay more hospital bill for 24 people have problem eat contaminated meat 12,000 baht. I not know money Finland but my friend me say it about 73.598755 baht approximately. This means you send me 6,000 pound.