Ebay Exchange Rates

chiangrai

Its the paypal exchange rate. The worst out there!

Yes but even Paypal exchange rate isn't that bad.

I have such a feeling that the OP bought something from a seller that provides customs services, and so the import duty get's added to the initial purchase price.

It was free shipping from China and Ijust checked it on Ebay and it sais that the

.Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.

It was free shipping from China and Ijust checked it on Ebay and it sais that the

.Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.

So which payment service you used to pay the seller, since Ebay itself doesn't provide payment services.

I just logged onto my PayPal account and converted 103 THB to EUR...below are the result...2.57 EUR. Expect what your bought included some other costs...relook the details of your purchase as something other than exchange rate is going on. After relooking your purchase your first step would be to contact the seller for clarification of the charge.

post-55970-0-77944400-1453553879_thumb.j

Edited by Pib

You paid by PayPal and money was taken from a bank account? Mine is charged to credit card - but PayPal always provides detailed receipt to sign during Ebay processing and an email of the charges. Confused by the taken from bank account (that might indicate other fees or charges might have been combined?).

You paid by PayPal and money was taken from a bank account? Mine is charged to credit card - but PayPal always provides detailed receipt to sign during Ebay processing and an email of the charges. Confused by the taken from bank account (that might indicate other fees or charges might have been combined?).

Depends where your PayPal account it located. My US PayPal account is backed up by my US Capital One Master Credit Card

My Thai PayPal account is backed up by my Bangkok Bank Be1st Visa branded ATM card

Only use the Thai PayPal account for sellers that insist that PayPal address match shipping address

You must read the detailed Shipping and Handling tab on the Ebay listing to determine if they are adding any customs or other processing charges

Langsuan Man may be onto something.

I used my Thai Paypal account which is linked to my Irish debit card.

Is this more expensive and why.

I don't believe that you can link a Thai Paypal account to a debit/credit/ bank account in another country than Thailand.

PayPal told me that I was being charged 4.20 Euros.

I may be wrong about which paypal account my Irish card is linked to.

I linked it a long time ago when I was first learning computers.

I've just checked it and it has my Irish card and my thai address but

I can't tell if it's a thai PayPal account or what

PayPal told me that I was being charged 4.20 Euros.

I may be wrong about which paypal account my Irish card is linked to.

I linked it a long time ago when I was first learning computers.

I've just checked it and it has my Irish card and my thai address but

I can't tell if it's a thai PayPal account or what

You go by the email address, that is how you determine which account you are using. You can have multiple PayPal accounts but each one has to have a different email address.

When you are selecting how to pay on EBay you should be getting a drop down menu showing all of your PP accounts. Open up that account and it will tell you funding method

As far as which sellers on EBay require your PP account to match your shipping address gets more complicated since some are now insisting that your registered EBay address match your shipping address. You just have to read their TOS and determine what they want . PP address or EBay address to match your shipping address