Roof Angle

hocuspocus

What is referred to as a 5 and 12 is about as good as a roof angle you'd want here, considering you don't have to worry about a snow load. It means for every 12 (whether it be inches, cm, meters or miles) units you go laterally, you would go up (rise) 5 units. In inches that would mean for every 12 inches of horizontal travel you would do 5 inches of vertical. That works out to about 22.5 degrees. A 12 and 12 is a 45 degree angle, which is quite a steep roof. I've seen most of the temples using that, but not really needed here, especially if you use at least a 1.5 meter wide valley tin if you are doing a roof with valleys. And if you use that BS wavey roofing, double that in the valleys, as those lovely channels will allow wind blown rain go right up and over into your attic area. I have lovely water stains on my living room ceiling to prove it. pg

30 degrees is pretty typical on uk roofs. Its looks aeasthrtically pleasing and most tile manufaturers prefer this also.

22.5is the absolute minimum for a tiled roof as wind tends to drive rain under.

The laps on small tiled roofs here will be 120 to 150mm but you go below 30degs then you should fit a tin foil under just in case.

For corrugated the laps are quite generous 250 300mm subject to the pitch but a shallow roof will encourage wind blown rain and big heavy feet forever trying to repair. Keep it steep looks better and better for the weather.