Aussie music legend Molly Meldrum hospitalised after Bangkok tumble

webfact

akubra not stetson

Interview in the "Herald Sun":

HM: How did the stetson hat originate?

MM: Um, it was the early ’80s in Mt Buller, when I first wore one. It was just one of those things, you know. Lindsay and Paula Fox gave me my first hat as a present. I wore it, and liked it, and then, without thinking it would become anything, wore it on Countdown ….it then just became a part of me. I went to Dallas to interview Russell Crowe about Gladiator, and I felt so at home because the whole of Texas wears them …. I just blended in … no one blinked an eye. It grew and grew, I can’t take the bloody thing off now!

Wikipedia also says that it is often mistaken:

"and is widely recognised for his trademark Stetson hat, which he has regularly worn in public since the 1980s (it is commonly mistaken for an Akubra)."

Edited by Enoon

Legend ?

Yes legend. Ask Kylie Minogue, Pet Shop Boys and many others.

Do a bit of research before rushing to your keyboard just to see your name on the message-board, c*et*n.

Really? Hosting countdown for a few years hardly makes you a legend, and if you want to start slanging off at some ones opinion ,

actually you need to grow up!

A few stubbies down at the boozer, Cobba steps out the cab and slips on his plugger and Bob's yer uncle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blink.png

1) Translation?

2) Please identify geographical source of English language? (And don't blame something this weird on the Aussies).

We live in an international world and you can't understand that?

Stubbies - small bottles of beer

Boozer - bar or pub

Cobba - man

Plugger or Pluggers - flip flops / thongs / Havaianas Bob's yer Uncle - Robert is your Uncle (there you have it)

For the record I've never been to Australia.

post-108400-14538552240396_thumb.jpg

A few stubbies down at the boozer, Cobba steps out the cab and slips on his plugger and Bob's yer uncle!

blink.png

1) Translation?

2) Please identify geographical source of English language? (And don't blame something this weird on the Aussies).

Nope, all is bonza, the lingo is Strawn. Havagudweeken.

blink.png

1) Translation?

Boozer - bar or pub

Cobba - man

Plugger or Pluggers - flip flops / thongs / Havaianas Bob's yer Uncle - Robert is your Uncle (there you have it)

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1453855222.888342.jpg

Nah, not exactly correct on "Bob's your uncle". Sure it means Robert is your uncle, but it really translates to "everything is ok/alright". Not bad for a septic tank, or a pom (?).

Edited by Mot Dang

akubra not stetson

Interview in the "Herald Sun":

HM: How did the stetson hat originate?

MM: Um, it was the early ’80s in Mt Buller, when I first wore one. It was just one of those things, you know. Lindsay and Paula Fox gave me my first hat as a present. I wore it, and liked it, and then, without thinking it would become anything, wore it on Countdown ….it then just became a part of me. I went to Dallas to interview Russell Crowe about Gladiator, and I felt so at home because the whole of Texas wears them …. I just blended in … no one blinked an eye. It grew and grew, I can’t take the bloody thing off now!

Wikipedia also says that it is often mistaken:

"and is widely recognised for his trademark Stetson hat, which he has regularly worn in public since the 1980s (it is commonly mistaken for an Akubra)."

Hence, that lesser known Aussie euphemism not usually accredited to Mr Meldrum was born... Wear-the-fux-hat??

Edited by khun custard

blink.png

1) Translation?

Boozer - bar or pub

Cobba - man

Plugger or Pluggers - flip flops / thongs / Havaianas

Bob's yer Uncle - Robert is your Uncle (there you have it)

For the record Cobber is a man but more specifically, a friend a mate or buddy.

How does this MISinformation get published?

Complete rubbish!

Molly slipped when getting into a taxi on leaving his hotel on his way out for the evening.

He suffered a dislocated shoulder and was seen out and about in Silom last night (Tuesday).

Any apologies forthcoming from the posters here with their wild almost libellous theories?

If rubbish like this gets published as news --- what are we to believe about other serious news items on this site?

How does this MISinformation get published?

Complete rubbish!

Molly slipped when getting into a taxi on leaving his hotel on his way out for the evening.

He suffered a dislocated shoulder and was seen out and about in Silom last night (Tuesday).

Any apologies forthcoming from the posters here with their wild almost libellous theories?

If rubbish like this gets published as news --- what are we to believe about other serious news items on this site?

No Marxist agenda here...

If "Religion is the Opium of the People"

Then it is a right of passage for TV's to prattle on ad nauseum making up headlines as they go..... sound familiar to anyone living in the LOS?

BUT... were in Silom and what was he doing --- anyone care to speculate!! rolleyes.gif

Legend ?

Yes legend. Ask Kylie Minogue, Pet Shop Boys and many others.

Do a bit of research before rushing to your keyboard just to see your name on the message-board, c*et*n.

You could also ask Prince Charles. He seemed to have the same view of Molly as you have of leeneeds