North Korea’s neighbours concerned about ‘satellite’ launch

snoop1130

North Korea’s neighbours concerned about ‘satellite’ launch
Euronews

606x341_323086.jpg

NORTH KOREA -- North Korea’s neighbours have expressed concern after announcing plans to launch what it called an “earth observation satellite” during the next three weeks.

Beijing, believed to have the most influence over Pyonyang, says it is worried about the plan.

The United Nations sees that activity as a missile programme in disguise.

South Korea also suspects the plan to launch a satellite is a disguise for a long-range missile and is on high alert.

“Our military is closely monitoring North Korea’s movement for a long-range missile launch by mobilizing surveillance assets of the South Korea and US combined forces, and we are maintaining our military readiness for any further provocations by North Korea after its fourth nuclear test,” said South Korean defence ministry spokesperson, Moon Sang-Gyun.

Japan too considers it a ballistic missile launch with a flight path over islands in the southwest of the country.

Japan is more concerned about falling debris. Its military is ready to shoot down any North Korean rocket.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-02-03

North Korea is among the greatest threats to regional if not world peace. Of course they are building an offensive nuclear/EMP capability. North Korea having the ability to weaponize space or even perfect re-entry quickens the Doomsday Clock (IMO).

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/01/26/464439404/doomsday-clock-stays-at-3-minutes-to-midnight

http://thebulletin.org/timeline

post-201392-0-27562400-1454525936_thumb.

I don't see why NK isn't allowed to launch satellites…or develop their own ballistic missiles for that matter. Who have they actually attacked in the last 50 years? Did NK sign the NNPT? Why treat them any differently than Israel, India or Pakistan? And don;t give me the dear leader is a nutter argument. He may well be, but having nukes allows him to feel secure. And nothing sobers up a mad guy like knowing that if he uses his nukes he will be annihilated.

I don't see why NK isn't allowed to launch satellites…or develop their own ballistic missiles for that matter. Who have they actually attacked in the last 50 years? Did NK sign the NNPT? Why treat them any differently than Israel, India or Pakistan? And don;t give me the dear leader is a nutter argument. He may well be, but having nukes allows him to feel secure. And nothing sobers up a mad guy like knowing that if he uses his nukes he will be annihilated.

They counterfeit money, kill their own people, share nuclear technology with rogue nations, sell arms to any who'll buy, etc, etc, etc. Amazing anybody would defend them.

They counterfeit money, kill their own people, share nuclear technology with rogue nations, sell arms to any who'll buy, etc, etc, etc. Amazing anybody would defend them.

They are also involved in the drug trade and a big supplier of methamphetamine.

Sooo, lets think about your post for a moment. You believe it would be a good idea if Kim Jong-un develops long range ballistic missiles capable of carrying nuclear war heads. Does that pretty much sum up your thoughts on this subject?

This folks is a good example of why warning labels should be removed from all products to allow stupidly to eliminate itself from the gene pool.