Don't shy away from condoms, Thailand says ahead of Valentine's Day

webfact

BY PANARAT THEPGUMPANAT
REUTERS

BANGKOK: -- Thailand launched a campaign on Thursday urging citizens to get used to carrying condoms, as it battles a reluctance to use protection in the fight against HIV and teen pregnancies.

Valentine's Day on Feb. 14 is the usual time of year for Thai authorities to warn against premarital sex, but this time the emphasis is on protection rather than prohibition.

Most Thais take a conservative view of sex, despite a massive commercial industry cent red on the famed red light areas of places such as Bangkok, the capital, and the beach resort of Pattaya.

Full story: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-condoms-idUSKCN0VD17F

reuterslogo.jpg
-- Reuters 2016-02-05

Now the list is getting longer of sexually transmitted diseases,== Bacterial vaginosis, chancroid, chlamydia, donovanosis, gonorrhoea, lymphogranuloma venereum, mycoplasma genital, syphilis, treponematosis endemic, amebiasis, cryptosporidium, giardiasis, trichomoniasis, pubic lice, scabies, candidiasis vulvovaganial, cytomegalovirus, epstien barr virus, hepatitis A,B,C and D, herpes simplex virus hsvi 1 and 2, human immunodeficiency virus (hiv), human papilomavirus (hpv), human T-cell lymhotropic virus (html-1), molluscum contagiosum,

and now Zika virus, sometimes its just better walking past and taking matters in hand!

I have ton of condoms, many with the expiry date getting close and no one to use them with....

use to be a lot easier when one was young, now with the ever discerning tastes of the local

lasses, those condoms might be used for as party balloons rather than what they were

intended for initially...

I have ton of condoms, many with the expiry date getting close and no one to use them with....

use to be a lot easier when one was young, now with the ever discerning tastes of the local

lasses, those condoms might be used for as party balloons rather than what they were

intended for initially...

give them away at songkran locals can keep their phones dry

"Thailand launched a campaign on Thursday urging citizens to get used to carrying condoms..."

Seeing some of the people in the news, I think they should make condoms big enough to fit over their heads.

Edited by jaltsc

That's a pre-featured headline for,.... the current regime that must not be named will crack down on nasty nasty naughty rebellious kids who are about to do the forbidden act..... which would result in XXXXXtreme attitude adjustments,.... wanna bet?

I wonder what day the Government will have to says; that they meant this for only people older then 18 years.

I can just see the high school kids running into 7/11 and telling the Cashier, " The General told me to buy them "

Does anyone remember the Thai doctor and his "Condoms ad Cabbages" restaurant in the 1970s in Pattaya ? he used to handout condoms on Pat Pong one and two during the Valentine's celebrations there.

A new Cabbages and Condoms opened about a year ago between Maechan and Maisai on the northern border . Can't be making any money as never seen a vehicle parked outside and I go past most weeks.

I hate condoms. I could never use them.

It took me 30 years to start getting used to contact lenses. Still can't put on a condom.

Probably one of the reasons why I have always been in long term relationships (ok, I'm fugly too)

Time to get an eye test you may have a depth/length perception problem. I am fugly too. Sounds like you should buy some bananas and practice. If your in a relationship this makes for DT practice as well. Could be a win win situation.

The rubber industry is really in some trouble right now if the government is switching its stance to wrap it up over abstinence.

By golly your right. If they use locally grown rubber the price of condoms should come down by 50% and make it competitive with Saran wrap.

The rubber industry is really in some trouble right now if the government is switching its stance to wrap it up over abstinence.

By golly your right. If they use locally grown rubber the price of condoms should come down by 50% and make it competitive with Saran wrap and an elastic band. Does Thailand have a thriving condom making industry if not why not. They are always looking for new investment and ideas.

Edited by elgordo38

It took me 30 years to start getting used to contact lenses. Still can't put on a condom.

Probably one of the reasons why I have always been in long term relationships (ok, I'm fugly too)

Also a great way to lose weight without going on a diet.

Time to get an eye test you may have a depth/length perception problem. I am fugly too. Sounds like you should buy some bananas and practice. If your in a relationship this makes for DT practice as well. Could be a win win situation.

may be the size is too big for him..Though adult size is the smallest. So how about penny balloons ?

Does anyone remember the Thai doctor and his "Condoms ad Cabbages" restaurant in the 1970s in Pattaya ? he used to handout condoms on Pat Pong one and two during the Valentine's celebrations there.

Mechai Viravaidya is the gentleman. Look him up on the web. His PDA Foundation is still going strong. I had the honour to meet him and he is the most sincere person you could ever hope to know.

You think seven years is bad luck for breaking a mirror?

Try breaking a condom..............................coffee1.gif

Done that!

But l'm now glad.

She turned out the smartest of my kids.

Just finished uni in Oz.