'Sadvertising': Thailand's 'Mad Men' tug on heartstrings with tearjerker adverts

webfact

'Sadvertising': Thailand's 'Mad Men' tug on heartstrings with tearjerker adverts

BANGKOK: -- Feverishly jotting down ideas in a funky glass-panelled conference room, Thailand's "Mad Men" are doing what they do best — creating tearjerker adverts that leave viewers scrambling for the tissue box.

So-called "sadvertising" has exploded around the world in recent years as brands jostle to engage customers and stand out from competitors.

An annual nostalgia-tinged Christmas commercial from retailer John Lewis has become a festive tradition in Britain, while Budweiser's Lost Dog pulled heart strings and swept advertising awards in the US.

But few places are doing it with such devastating efficacy as the Thais, where the adverts are often as grueling as they are memorable.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/02/11/sadvertising-thailands-mad-men-tug-heartstrings-tearjerker-adverts

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-02-12

Mods--!! I read this article also....From its source ..... I didn't think we were allowed to even give a link to this publication, let alone take a whole article from it..........could you clarify for the other TV readers like me ---that also read both publications.

Thank you............................coffee1.gif