Top Gear

Ace of Pop

Sabine and Eddy - Absoutely - a car show with actual motorsport people can't be a bad thing and Sabine has a mischievous personality wink.png

Rory Reid - I watched some YT videos of his, perhaps he'll do better with a script writer and director. Can they do something about his accent? He's awfully difficult to understand tongue.png

Chris Harris - would't be on my shortlist... I'd put Matt Farah in instead, but then there would be 2 Americans, both named Matt, in a British TV show wink.png

Matt Le Blanc - not sure how he'll work out as a presenter, but he was OK in the star in a reasonably priced car segments he appeared in.

Chris Evans - never even heard of him! The rest of the cast though, yes, LOL.

Edited by IMHO

I imagine the number of presenters allows each of them time to pursue other careers, and in the event of a Clarksonesque faux pas the show won't collapse like last time.

They might all be successful in their own careers but it remains to be seen if they can carry off the Top Gear job, and you can bet they will be replaced if they can't. It might even be possible that some will get the chop each season as they rotate presenters.

Sabine and Eddy - Absoutely - a car show with actual motorsport people can't be a bad thing and Sabine has a mischievous personality wink.png

Rory Reid - I watched some YT videos of his, perhaps he'll do better with a script writer and director. Can they do something about his accent? He's awfully difficult to understand tongue.png

Chris Harris - would't be on my shortlist... I'd put Matt Farah in instead, but then there would be 2 Americans, both named Matt, in a British TV show wink.png

Matt Le Blanc - not sure how he'll work out as a presenter, but he was OK in the star in a reasonably priced car segments he appeared in.

Chris Evans - never even heard of him! The rest of the cast though, yes, LOL.

They'll use Chris Harris much the same way Tif Needle is used on Fifth Gear, i.e. all lairy and sideways.......

In fairness to him, he does have very good car control and can demonstrate a pretty useful lap time when required to.

Eddie's there to be a little (a lot?) provocative I guess and he also may surprise a few with his driving skills.

Edited by Woodsie888

i am sure clarkson is amused at how many fools it takes to replace him

This isn't about 'replacing' Clarkson. That the message sent by hiring a big personality like Chris Evans. The old Top Gear is dead and gone. This will be a different show. It might fail, it might succeed.

This isn't about 'replacing' Clarkson. That the message sent by hiring a big personality like Chris Evans. The old Top Gear is dead and gone. This will be a different show. It might fail, it might succeed.

if its dead and gone why call it Top Gear ?

then you compare it with the old show , call it something else , let it make its own history

Just like Top gear USA or Australia , they just do not compare , but would be an OK car show by themselves

then you compare it with the old show , call it something else , let it make its own history

Just like Top gear USA or Australia , they just do not compare , but would be an OK car show by themselves

You could have said the same about the previous version.

Top Gear has a history dating back almost 40 years. The Clarkson era was just one iteration of the show.

Have a feeling it will be so P.C. ,it will be bland .First one id dump is that Ginger Nit, having never heard of him i Googled him. Nothing of substance to see there. He owned a Pub and Yapped on the Radio in England.

...and fronted several innovative and highly-rated TV shows that reinvented their genres - causing a number of controversies along the way. He's anything but bland and PC. Like Clarkson, he's a 'marmite' personality - but he's also one of the UK's most successful presenters and producers, and a bona fide car nut too.

I will miss Jeremy Clarkson. Sure, he was not PC - neither am I. Loved some of his comments tho' - your experience may vary. So he got drunk and punched someone - happens. Should have punched him back - tit for tat. This running to the law/boss is childish. Settle it yourself.

I will miss Jeremy Clarkson. Sure, he was not PC - neither am I. Loved some of his comments tho' - your experience may vary. So he got drunk and punched someone - happens. Should have punched him back - tit for tat. This running to the law/boss is childish. Settle it yourself.

He's not dead. The 5 people who subscribe to Amazon TV will still be able to get their fix.

He's not dead. The 5 people who subscribe to Amazon TV will still be able to get their fix.

There's no way Amazon are keeping it exclusive to only territories that have Amazon Prime availability - it will for sure be syndicated just like the Netflix originals like House of Cards were..

There's no way Amazon are keeping it exclusive to only territories that have Amazon Prime availability - it will for sure be syndicated just like the Netflix originals like House of Cards were..

I wonder if ITV will pick it up?

You could have said the same about the previous version.

Top Gear has a history dating back almost 40 years. The Clarkson era was just one iteration of the show.

The only iteration I have ever seen and by far the most successful one. DELETED

What's your interest anyway? You enjoy the biking segments racing supercars and public transport?

Just because you're not aware of it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Top Gear ran for 24 years before it adopted the format you're familiar with. It may well run for many years after that format's demise, too.

What's my interest? I'm into cars and I like watching TV. Silly question really - DELETED

Edited by seedy
bickering