New Foodland Rama2

jacky54

In the bright center, usual daft name, heading west not far before central world on the other side of the road. I like Foodland cos they have the prices on the goods, so no arguments at the tills if the price is higher there, no long queues of low class Thais buying 20 bottles of oil cos it's 2 baht cheaper with their screaming brats in tow, and best of all Took La Dee cafe. Still get breakfast there for 62 baht, the coffee alone is worth that. Bright center has all the usual rubbish as well, Burger King and Starbucks as well as an interesting wine place and Italian restaurant. Bright center is bright orange just after Bangmot Hospital.

Took La Dee, Good and Cheap is neither good nor cheap anymore. Many dishes have increased in price by 20% in the last 6 months and the quality has deteriorated substantially. Most food is too sweet catering only for Thai preferences not foreigner.

Foodland itself is my choice to go to for cold cuts and fresh meat as their range and price is way better than any of the other supermarkets that cater to western tastes. I just wish that they would open an outlet closer to home.

You are right prices have gone up and the menu slashed, although you can ask for stuff not on it. Can get some stuff not seen anywhere else including California cheddar cheese for 105 baht and baked bean not seen anywhere else. I don't eat meat so ask for dishes with tofu in instead. This branch gives quite a lot more food than suk soi 5 where I was earlier this week.

We also like Foodland the most but their restaurant has small portions and those hotdog/saucages are horrible. But the food isn't bad at all. I like the sandwiches with egg/ham/salad but sometimes they use old bread for them.

There are still lowclass thai with their brats though and they just let them run around like a chinese tourist on an airport. Last month a brat drove into me with the cart and his daddy couldn't be bothered at all.

I always get a bad mood from supermarkets in Thailand but not in Foodland. I only wished their butchers could speak english.

Took La Dee, Good and Cheap is neither good nor cheap anymore. ... Most food is too sweet catering only for Thai preferences not foreigner.

Foodland itself is my choice to go to for cold cuts and fresh meat as their range and price is way better than any of the other supermarkets that cater to western tastes. I just wish that they would open an outlet closer to home.

​I second that from "lujanit" about Took Le Dee restaurants: annoyed.gif But I'm not so pleased with the cold cuts or fresh meats. For really good meat I avoid FoodLand and simply order from Passion Delivery (an advertiser here) or Paleo Robbie. Always excellent quality. And both of those will deliver right to your home. However, for packaged Western groceries, then, yes, FoodLand is great.