Building A Bbq

Okay this is a call to all you BBQ experts out there. I am looking at building a custom outdoor cooking area that runs on cheap local charcoal. It will be used commercially so an oil drum cut in half is not going to work.

Now ideally it will need two standard grill area an American style smoker or pit, food prep area and a roof for when it rains. I've looked around the internet and some interested stuff - the link below look very interesting

Dave's Brick Pit

The first question has to be are fire bricks available here? Now I live in Phuket so I would think there is not much call for them but they may be available other parts of Thailand.

I would really appreciate any help or links anyone can provide because if you look at some of food that Dave has cooked in his oven they make your mouth water.

If we can come up with a good design that can be built here it may be something others may want.

when you say 'commercial' you should specify the meats and the volume per day. I have seen a number of vertical brick built gas fired arrangements where I live but they are used to cook old laying hens and are a waste of good technology...fukcin' chickens tough as boots. If you keep your eyes open near market areas you can get some ideas, then modify as required for what you want. All the ones I've seen are gas fired...for smoke flavor modify to accommodate some hardwood above the flame...might take some trial and error.

I've thought about doing US style bbq as a business locally but food from stalls is cheaper to produce and you ain't gonna make much money sellin' ribs and chicken for 20 baht per serving...