Immigration Vs Amphur ... Marriage extension problem

DavidOxon

It it fastly approaching the joyful time of year for my annual Marriage extension.

DW went to Old Imm to check any document changes for this year.

Same as last year PLUS a Kor Ror 22 from local (Hang Dong) Amphur office. This is s validation

of marriage abroad I believe issued by the AO.

They require a certified translation of the Marriage certificate and translation of my passport.

PROBLEM is they insist they need to keep the certified translation the at the AO

BUT Imm insist they need to see the certified translation for the extenson...

Has anyone else encountered these requirements/problems recently?

thanks

David

Its not unusual for an IO to require seeing your original marriage certificate the first time (KR3) plus the KR2 after that the following years a copy of the KR2 will suffice. Sense you have a foreign marriage It does sound like CNX IO is making this a problem but the best I can come up with go back to the MFA and get a second certified copy and if asked tell why.

don't know if this is much help... but we did ours in Nakhon Sawhan (Lad Yao) about 10 yrs ago. We also had to go to BKK to Foreign Affairs office. It was a protracted bit of business actually.

When i went for extension in November, 2015, for the first time, immigration asked for the Kor Ror 22. We went to Amphur in Sansai (where we live) and they checked the computer system. Because we had done it so long ago - it was not in the system.

Fortunately, the wife never throws out anything official and we had a certified copy in our files. Wife says that originally there were 2 official copies, one kept by amphur in Nakhon Sawan and one given to us.

Don't know if that helps.

Other friends living here who have to provide the Kor Ror 22 just go to amphur and ask for a copy and that satisfies Immigration... but none of them are dealing with Hang Dong Amphur.

In our case:

Kor Roh 22 is issued by the Amphur.

The certified translation of the marriage certificate was issued by the Thai consulate back home, after marriage but before entering Thailand on Non-O.

The Amphur also needed this certified translation and my passport in order to issue the Kor Roh 22. The Amphur kept a copy and we got the original back.

Immi asked as for two copies of (besides the other normal requirements): a) Kor Roh 22 and B) the translated certified translation and c) as well the document for the change in the family name. Immi did not want to see the originals of these documents.

What was also new this year:

- only signature with blue pen (last year black was OK) accepted.

- Below every signature the name had to be handwritten in blue printed characters; also on the main passport copy page where the name is already printed and coded.

- two copies of the document with the change in family name.

don't know if this is much help... but we did ours in Nakhon Sawhan (Lad Yao) about 10 yrs ago. We also had to go to BKK to Foreign Affairs office. It was a protracted bit of business actually.

When i went for extension in November, 2015, for the first time, immigration asked for the Kor Ror 22. We went to Amphur in Sansai (where we live) and they checked the computer system. Because we had done it so long ago - it was not in the system.

Fortunately, the wife never throws out anything official and we had a certified copy in our files. Wife says that originally there were 2 official copies, one kept by amphur in Nakhon Sawan and one given to us.

Don't know if that helps.

Other friends living here who have to provide the Kor Ror 22 just go to amphur and ask for a copy and that satisfies Immigration... but none of them are dealing with Hang Dong Amphur.

Hang Dong Amphur is doing what all amphora in Thailand do. The OP is registering his marriage there. Where the catch 22 is that CNX IO is asking for the original certificate and translation stamped by the MFA, this is the twist.

The problem is the certified translated copy of the UK marriage certificate that Imm require but that AO won't release....

It was expensive and needed to go to 2 offices in BKK for stamping and authorisation!

Are you aware that there is MFA office in Chiang Mai?

The problem is the certified translated copy of the UK marriage certificate that Imm require but that AO won't release....

It was expensive and needed to go to 2 offices in BKK for stamping and authorisation!

No.... how does that help? The original translation was done 8 years ago so my memory's a little hazy on the process except that we used an agent....

No.... how does that help? The original translation was done 8 years ago so my memory's a little hazy on the process except that we used an agent....

Have you already registered your marriage at the amphur.

we've just done that this week as IM said a KR 22 was required this year.... (We were married in the UK)

Since you have turned in to your amphora all certification by the MFA and CNX IO wants a certified copy of such I hope you have another original marriage certificate from the UK as it looks like a return to BK. Sorry to see this happen but as I said at the start some IO's want to see your original marriage certificate on your extension .

OK panic over..... AO have handed it back on prensentation of the doc list requirements from Imm....

Congratulions, great simple solution aided by some considerate helpful people at tha AO, hope you take them a big box of kanom or special fruit.

Congratulations. Was wondering if a simple marriage here in Thailand would ease the paper work involved.

I am so glad I just have the single retirement visa with the yearly extensions. Easy compared to some of the things I have heard the marriage ones get handed occasionally. We just wait in line or get an agent.

Congratulations. Was wondering if a simple marriage here in Thailand would ease the paper work involved.

I am so glad I just have the single retirement visa with the yearly extensions. Easy compared to some of the things I have heard the marriage ones get handed occasionally. We just wait in line or get an agent.

IMHO a legal marriage in Thailand is far better than getting married in your home country. Just saying.

Y am married over 26 years with a loved Thai women...

Now live abt. 5 Years in LOS....

As y know many things in this Country sometimes are difficult for farangs y decided quick to do my retirement visa as own Person but with 800k in the bank... less questions, no visit of Police in home and not so many needed documents and Fotos...

but y understand if some People no have enough Money for that...

y live 50% in Pattaya with some friends of many countrys where y do my visa and 90 days reports and 50% in province with my wife...the Police in province know me for a Long time and y never Need Show passport or my Driver license that y surely have here,,,

y love Thailand...but sometimes Need make some decisions...

Archived