How Long Does It Take To Get A Tv Visa From Kl

Hello,

i'm planning to go to Kualar Lumpur next week with a non-stop AirAsia flight from Chiang Mai.

Any experiences how long the embassy needs for the paperwork, because i would like to book the

return flight in advance.

I decided to go now with the hope of a double entry TV before the masses are comming in two month.

Hello,

i'm planning to go to Kualar Lumpur next week with a non-stop AirAsia flight from Chiang Mai.

Any experiences how long the embassy needs for the paperwork, because i would like to book the

I decided to go now with the hope of a double entry TV before the masses are comming in two month.

I went there 4 weeks ago.

You need 4 days (three nights).

If you come K.L. from CNX, it is to late for go to the embassy. So you must go there next day from

9.30 am to 11.30 am.

Then you must wait to next day for get your visa. And after you have the visa, you can fly back next day - because it is to late for the same day go home.

Perhaps you get only one entry - here I have many different information. Some get 2 entry, some only one.

Good luck :-)

Hello,

Most people flying from BKk do it in two days. You arrive at the Embassy before 11:30 a.m. and pick up your passport the following day. Fly out that night leaving just you one night stay in KL.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

You may expect delays with Air Asia............................

I would at least book 2 nights there, in case you cant make it to the embassy on the morning you arrive. And when you return, book the latest flight possible, so you can collect your passport in the afternoon and leave that night.

Hello,

Good Luck to you.I've got mine already.Double entry.

I flew to KL last week on Monday afternoon. The next day I applied for my Non-O multiple and I got it one day later at midday. After that I took a taxi to the airport and flew back to Thailand in the late afternoon.

Maybe you can't get a double entry tourist visa, because my friend applied for that and he got only a single entry tourist visa. The embassy told him, that they issued only single entry visa in the future in KL if you already have a tourist visa in your passport.

Good luck for you.

yes i went there in august to get a tv.

make sure you arrive at the thai embassy b4 11 am and then they give you one sheet to fill out . then they ask you to return the next day. the collection times are 11.30-12.30. where by your passports are waiting for you at the entrance. nice and easy

i am replying to the thread about the tv which is tourist visa and i am sure any other types of visa's are now a lot harder to obtain.

where as the tv is a very simple in kl

Yes, a single entry tourist visa is easy to obtain in KL but we are talking about tourist visa double or triple entry and that kind of visa isn't easy to obtain in KL. My friend applied for that and he obtained only a single entry because he had already a triple entry tourist visa in his passport.

Hello,

I just did a tourist visa in KL.

Air asia flight from Chiang Mai to KL. RT fare was 6200 bt with 500 bt airport fee to leave Thailand. Once in KL too the airasia SKYBUS for 9 ringgit to Sentral station then elevated train to Bukit Bitang.

Where do I begin. I made the mistake of arriving after a 3 day holiday and it was extremely crowded. Nearly 170 people took numbers. I arrived at 9 am and my number was 120 and I finally got to the window at 7 pm. Turns out there was only one consul window open because others were still on holiday. Got to meet many interesting travelers and share in the misery of being in the heat all day.

Apparently any monday can be bad but after a holiday is a disaster.

When you get entry into the compound then go inside and take a number.

They had the passports ready by 2 the next day. They told us to show up at 11:30 but did not process all the visa's by the earlier time.

Just a couple of people were turned away for tourist visa but most people got single entry tourist visa's. I heard one person got a double because their passport was clean.

In general people were fairly pleased in that most requests were processed as applied. No big disappointments were noted.

Hotel guest house wise you can stay in china town area (Bukit Bintang) and guesthouse rooms are 50 ringit plus. That is for a private room but shared bathroom( just muliply ringit x 10 for baht equiv)

Good guesthouses are "eight", 12inn, Jungle something, Haven.

Decent hotels start around 80 ringit but lots of stinky nasty hotels out there to take a miss. If you go over 100 ringit then things get pretty nice.

If you stay in golden triangle then fairly easy to take elevated train and then transfer to subway and arrive at Ampang park station ( 1 station east of Petronas twin towers) and then walk about a KM to the consulate.

206 Kalan Ampang is the address.

If you take a taxi from BB area then expect 10 to 15 ringit for fare depending on your negotiating skill and time of day.

Hope that helps

I was in Singapore Wednesday ( after 2 holidays )

Got to the Embassy straight from the airport.

Got my ticket at 11:15am and my ticket was number 1198 and they were only up to 1087 with only 1 hour untill 12:15 application close time.

I waited with my wife. 12:00 came and they were up to 1122 with only 15 mins left. There was also only one window open there as they only have one window for visa applications.

The lady assured me that they would serve everyone with a ticket, so that gave me some hope.

At 12:15, just as they were up to number 1144, a nice Sri Lankan guy gave me his ticket with the next number, I felt like I just won the lottery! Got to the wiondow, paid $220 and was out..............

Next day, line of 150 people before the embassy opened for collection at 2pm. I was number 20 in line. Got passport with a 1 year visa, so it was deffienetly worth it.

After reading your story seems like they are a bit slow in KL, 10 hours to wait for about 170 applications. In Singapore the were processing about 50 per hour, still with only one application window.

Edited by aussiestyle1983

I was in Singapore Wednesday ( after 2 holidays )

Got to the Embassy straight from the airport.

Got my ticket at 11:15am and my ticket was number 1198 and they were only up to 1087 with only 1 hour untill 12:15 application close time.

I waited with my wife. 12:00 came and they were up to 1122 with only 15 mins left. There was also only one window open there as they only have one window for visa applications.

The lady assured me that they would serve everyone with a ticket, so that gave me some hope.

At 12:15, just as they were up to number 1144, a nice Sri Lankan guy gave me his ticket with the next number, I felt like I just won the lottery! Got to the wiondow, paid $220 and was out..............

Next day, line of 150 people before the embassy opened for collection at 2pm. I was number 20 in line. Got passport with a 1 year visa, so it was deffienetly worth it.

After reading your story seems like they are a bit slow in KL, 10 hours to wait for about 170 applications. In Singapore the were processing about 50 per hour, still with only one application window.

yeah and a number of people were talking about how fast and smooth Singapore is by comparison. In kl the woman was only getting to about 15 or so an hour. Fortunately for us some people just gave up and left and that sped things up. To give the consulate credit the Malaysian woman at the counter was in a good mood and very professional. The consulate stated a policy that all numbers would be served and they were good to their word. I would just recommend staying away on mondays and after holidays.

I think I might try Singapore next time for variety.