new honda HRV road noise

ableguy

Buy some audio insulation and install under the carpet and wheel wells. Works a treat.

http://www.dynamat.com/

Site is crap for selling, mind telling me a ball park price for a car the size of HRV for these?

imo the HRV isnt that noisy, most cars ive had were way worse. Noise in a car is good, it lets you know if something is wrong with the car or road and keeps you alert.

Buy some audio insulation and install under the carpet and wheel wells. Works a treat.

http://www.dynamat.com/

Site is crap for selling, mind telling me a ball park price for a car the size of HRV for these?

imo the HRV isnt that noisy, most cars ive had were way worse. Noise in a car is good, it lets you know if something is wrong with the car or road and keeps you alert.

Any good car audio shop can do it. It comes in sheets and sticks to the metal behind the door trim and under the carpet and will take a full day to complete.

It cost me 6000 baht for the entire car. Doors,floor and wheel wells.

It really makes the outside noise disappear from the road and also improves the sound of the music system as a bonus. :)

Yes they are noisy but did You not drive it before buying. My Sons dumped the O.E Tires and fitted Michelin, thats helped a lot. Its a Trade Off these days,you got reliability instead of silence.

Michelin tyres are less reliable than OEM, since when?

I think what Ace is saying is, with Honda you trade-off things like high cabin noise for reliability ;)

Honda have never been very good at making a quiet cabin. The Accord uses noise cancelling tech as a band aid, but that only gets it back to Camry-like noise levels.

@OP: There are a few things you can try:

1. Spraying the inside of the wheel arches with sound deadening material. There are several supermarket carpark vendors doing this.

2. Changing the OEM tires for ones that are quieter

3. Adding additional rubber sealing strips in the door jambs (again several carpark vendors for this)

4. Adding car audio damping materials to the inside of the car (requires stripping down the interior). Any good car audio shop can do this.

In one test of the new Civic they make ref to the methods used to silence it. It's a U.S test ,so I shall remain in doubt till I drive one here. The U.S Hondas this year seem to be better spec than the Thai ones ,no 4 By on the HR,or roof rails for example here.

Archived