Anyone in Udon or Isaan have an evaporate window cooler?

George Harmony

My challange is to live off grid with a small system and have same comfort like any other standard small non AC houses. I spend evening hours mainly in the living room and 2 poweful led tubes each 3watt only are burning. In the toilet, seperate small bathroom, dining room and bedroom the led lights are on total perhapa only 1 hour, so it draws only some watt-hours from the deep cycle batteries. I use a projector tv with powerconsumption of 16watt.

I use further rechargeable fans and extract fans with buildin pv-panel, see pict.

My solar system is very small and i dont use inverters. If besides the existing cooling i have to invest in more panels ofcourse i will do but i will not use an inverter.

post-177483-0-86997900-1456112825_thumb.

to the best of my knowledge projector TVs using 16 watts do not exist and based on the other information you supplied i can only say "enjoy your warm beer and sweat". but when you are in the Pattaya area you are welcome to visit me, have some icecold drinks, get a tour of a high-tech home and a few free lessons in thermo-physics (specifically airconditioning)

While we are on the subject of inventions, anyone invented a good hangover cure?

i have been told dolphin vomit works miracles. you catch a dolphin and make him/her vomit by showing your latest blueprints on "how to cool a home for 2 Baht and 65 Satang per day" and then...

crazy.gif

Excuse me @naam

You are also welcome to visit my humble 52m2 12volt house solar powered and learn more about small solar systems and the use of 12v gadgets.

If you took time to ask my good friend google you can find below descrp:

Here an informative vid for beginners and imagine you have 2 to 5x more capacity.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-JWC8Vspa-s

MINI LED Projector with USB VGA HDMI Ports - Model E03

For Small- room Meeting, Movie party, Football night, TV, Game Consoles, DVD, PC, Laptop, Media Player, Home Cinema, PS, XBOX, WII

Product Specifications:

Chipset: Single chip LCD

Brightness: 50 Lumens

Display Size: 15~60"

Contrast Ratio: 300:1

Native Resolution: 320 x 240 Pixels

Maximum Resolution: 1920 x 1080 Pixels

Aspect Ratio: 16:9 / 4:3

Projection Distance: 0.3~3M

Built-in Speakers: Yes

Lighting: 16W LED Lamp

Display Color: Full Color (1.67 millions)

Projection Method: Front, Rear, Ceiling Projection

Input Audio Signals: Audio In, 2.5W Mono x 2

Input Connectors: HDMI, USB, VGA, SD, AV, TV

Output Connectors: AC

External Memory: USB disk / SD / TF Card up to 32GB

Power Supply: AC 110~240V / 50~60Hz

Power Consumption: 16W

Projection Size: 160 x 145 x 75 mm / 6.30 x 5.71 x 2.95 inch

Net Weight: 779g / 24.78oz

Color: white

Package Contents:

1 x Projector

1 x Power Adapter(Right plug of adapter would be sent according to your shipping country)

1 x Remote Controller

1 x AV Cable

1 x User Manual

You are also welcome to visit my humble 52m2 12volt house solar powered and learn more about small solar systems and the use of 12v gadgets.

once your home is airconditioned by means of buried copper pipes and Peltier cells i will consider it George thumbsup.gif

I smoke a lot inside and thats why i dont like aircon. I will be happy if i can achieve 25c day and night no matter what the outside temp is.

The cooling of my house is ofcourse not only depending of the planned cooler. Its the whole concept of passive cooling in comb with add-ons

Edited by George Harmony

Will work, but very minimal effectiveness. Maybe 20% effective compared to standard AC unit. Thermodynamic heat transfer from cold coils to the air, cooling the air as it moves across coils. Need lots of cold surface area, like in car radiators as other member mentioned. AC units also use pressured gas that goes much colder than any cold water, giving them much more cooling power.

Will work, but very minimal effectiveness. Maybe 20% effective compared to standard AC unit. Thermodynamic heat transfer from cold coils to the air, cooling the air as it moves across coils. Need lots of cold surface area, like in car radiators as other member mentioned. AC units also use pressured gas that goes much colder than any cold water, giving them much more cooling power.

a teenie weenie correction. the pressurised and liquified refrigerant of a conventional aircon does not "go colder" but is actually rather hot before expanding in the evaporator (inside unit) which causes a cooling down, then absorbing heat and transporting this heat to the outside.

a teenie weenie correction. the pressurised and liquified refrigerant of a conventional aircon does not "go colder" but is actually rather hot before expanding in the evaporator (inside unit) which causes a cooling down, then absorbing heat and transporting this heat to the outside.

Yes Correct. Was referring to refrigerant's capacity to absorb/release heat far exceeds cold water and under pressure refrigerant liquid temp is typically lower than 0C.

@naam,

Another rewarded invention by indonesian high school students who made a prototype using used cans and plastic bottles. They pump now by hand but its eaay to replace it by a solar powered small pump.

http://www.amcham.or.id/fe/4677-cool-indonesian-kids-show-off-their-brain-power

Youtube also "green refrigerant box"

We are talking here about cooling systems. So i dont understand your remark about "out of content" ?????

Edited by George Harmony

@naam,

Another rewarded invention by indonesian high school students who made a prototype using used cans and plastic bottles. They pump now by hand but its eaay to replace it by a solar powered small pump.

http://www.amcham.or.id/fe/4677-cool-indonesian-kids-show-off-their-brain-power

Youtube also "green refrigerant box"

We are talking here about cooling systems. So i dont understand your remark about "out of content" ?????

you started this thread with the target "cooling a room". none of the DIY toys you presented can be used in a feasible way for this purpose even when the size of the toy is enlarged by a multiple.

that's why i wrote out of conteXt, not content. the topic itself is quite interesting, but using out of context youtube inventions to pursue a positive result is ridiculous stubbornness.

An ac is in fact a very small machine which blows cold air in. In one of my previous posts i asked how i can blow cold(er) air into the room. And i am orientating on every possible ways. If from a colder space, how big or small it is, i can blow colder air into the room does it help to cool the room a little bit only.

Im still on topic i think.

But do you like the last posted invention? They get an international award and foreign investors are already interested to develop their prototype (idea) or to do more research enabling them to market a commercial product. But these two youngsters prefer local investors.

"Their experiment impressed the judges by reducing the temperature from 28 C (room temperature) to 5.5C in two hours and 20 minutes."

Sorry to be a bit cynical, but:

Then you open the box to remove an onion and pump for another two hours and 20 minutes?

I wonder how much heat is generated by that two hours and 20 minutes of pumping.

I think its a prototype of the cooling process. One can replace the plastic bottle pump by e.g. Battery operated pump or with solar panel.

Im wondering how long pumping is needed if u use an electric pump.

Do not forget that even if the coolproces takes 2hours, in remote areas with no electricity it can be handy to store vergetables and perhaps meat if the inner temp can reach 4c. They are still working on their project to lower the temp.

• 3 weeks later...

i have worked in farming in many countries for many years. Evaporative cooling systems ( negative pressure ) only work efficiently / effectively in low humidity climates. Evap positive systems that work are very difficult to build, I tried this in India 10 years ago.

In effect you need high air flow ( speed and volume ) too which can often lead to fine water mist being drawn in to the building.

Algae can build up on the pads which can lead to lung infections.

The Celdek pads are better than plastic, just ensure they are the right way up.

This winter where I live 50K south of Khon Kaen day temps were reaching 38C in shade, many days 34 - 36C and humidity hovering around 30% so would have been useful.

Good luck.

I have used evaporative coolers with great success. They serve two purposes. They humidify the air and cool fairly well. The problem is that they won't work anywhere that already has high humidity.

I have a brother in law who is a chemical engineer but he also has many other skills. He's a smart guy. A number of years ago he designed a system that required several hundred meters of pipe buried nearly two meters underground. He heats and cools his huge house with a heat pump. His electric bill are very reasonable. People thought he was crazy when they watched a ditching machine burying all the pipe. The town studied his electric bills and when they built a new high school, they enlarged and used the same system with equally good results. No doubt that type of system wouldn't be as efficient in a tropical country with no need for winter heating.